you been work at restaurant or shopping before?

sara1981

Reaction score
you been work at restaurant and stores like as Wal-Mart,Wendy,mall,whatevers you work at!

i got jobs at Lone Star in North Little Rock,Ar beside by my old jobs of Red Lobsters and i will start jobs this friday and saturday im hope so.But i will get job as busser and rolling sliverwares also.

im been work at Red Lobster for first time at Joplin,Mo doing as food prep same chopping vegetables and rolling sliverwares and i got another job same in Mo at Arkansas only one as rolling sliverwares but no replace for that!

you have any position when you have jobs?

I have worked at Jack in the Box for 3 years while in high school.

I started out as a cook and then I did some cash register duties if it was slow. During busy hours, I was back to cooking cuz my boss felt that I couldnt handle a high volume of orders and he didnt want to "slow" down the profits (for lack of better word). I couldnt do the drive through duties for obvious reasons.

It was a boring job but there were times, especially on weekend nights, we had a laid back shift leader who let us goof off if business was slow. I loved working under his supervision. Only con is that he worked weekend evenings and I hated working those times cuz I was missing out on high school parties or events. My boss assigned 5 of us who were still in high school on a rotation basis so each of us can have one month off from working weekend evenings straight so we can enjoy our social lives. That was really cool of him.

I never really had any problems with my coworkers ..they treated me as equal despite my deafness. Only the big boss treated me as inferior and was always worried that my deafness would interfere with my abilitiy to perform my duties. :ugh3:

The reason I quit cuz after 3 years, I was still in the same position and people who had started working there after me got promoted, not me. I wasnt looking at it as a career job but the pay went up to $3 more an hour so to an 18 year old, that was a lot of money and I felt I deserved it. My boss, who was always obsessing about my abilities to do anything due to my deafness told me that he felt I couldnt do the shift leader duties such as running the store during my shift, handling the customers when a problem occurs, or answering the phones. I told him that there will be other coworkers who will be willing to help me out but he said no. I quit the next day. Found a job at a bookstore that paid more $$.

oh yeah, i've cooked at T.G.I. Friday's, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, and so on... it seems like its the only thing i can do, cause being deaf, its hard to find a decent job with a retirement plan. if i wasn't deaf, i would've joined army and take care of business in iraq. but thats just me. peace y'all

you been work at restaurant and stores like as Wal-Mart,Wendy,mall,whatevers you work at!

i got jobs at Lone Star in North Little Rock,Ar beside by my old jobs of Red Lobsters and i will start jobs this friday and saturday im hope so.But i will get job as busser and rolling sliverwares also.

im been work at Red Lobster for first time at Joplin,Mo doing as food prep same chopping vegetables and rolling sliverwares and i got another job same in Mo at Arkansas only one as rolling sliverwares but no replace for that!

you have any position when you have jobs?

Back