You as an individual.......

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
You as an individual socialize in which world? Deaf world, Deaf and Hearing world or Hearing world. I'm curious to hear what each of us socialize with the most and why?

I socialize with both the Deaf and Hearing world, because I like to meet different people, and I don't allow myself be involved just the deaf world when I am just equal as the hearing people just that I cannot hear, which meaning I know how to speak, how to read lips, and know how to sign. ;) What about you?

I was born with normal hearing and my loss got attraction around age 11.. now I'm more close to being deaf than a hearie.. so I'm at an intersection point.. I have both of these worlds.. I always interact with hearies but enjoy life like a deaf.. I like symbols,visual things,pictures and etc much more than taking conversations.. I think I'm slowly adapting deaf world... I will never live in deaf world completely but in some ways,it's much nicer than hearie world :)

Cheri said:
You as an individual socialize in which world? Deaf world, Deaf and Hearing world or Hearing world. I'm curious to hear what each of us socialize with the most and why?

I socialize with both the Deaf and Hearing world, because I like to meet different people, and I don't allow myself be involved just the deaf world when I am just equal as the hearing people just that I cannot hear, which meaning I know how to speak, how to read lips, and know how to sign. ;) What about you?

I socialize with both sides. I do find it hard to socialize with both for some reason. With hearing people, they don't make an effort to try to communicate with me. With deaf people, they're just to ignorant to listen to other people. The hearing people I work with make an effort to learn some sign language and to speak more clearly with other deaf people. The deaf people I've seen here at NTID often spread rumors and don't listen to their own friends. That's why friendship is often short for those who are like that.

Prod.gif

Depends hearing ppl thinks Deaf can't..
Don't dare you poking me..

I can do anything... Some Hearing ppl think~
33909393295.gif

Don't let make them an excuse..

Sometimes I do willing socialize w/hearing ppl (depends people who willing open and understanding what Deaf Culture about.. ) That would be great!

Not all of them nope...

FreeWoman77 said:
growing up in deaf world, moved in here, USA, in hearing world

You forgot to answer my question, Why do you prefer hearing world now?

And Vampy, Well said, I agree with you. ;)

VamPyroX said:
I socialize with both sides. I do find it hard to socialize with both for some reason. With hearing people, they don't make an effort to try to communicate with me. With deaf people, they're just to ignorant to listen to other people. The hearing people I work with make an effort to learn some sign language and to speak more clearly with other deaf people. The deaf people I've seen here at NTID often spread rumors and don't listen to their own friends. That's why friendship is often short for those who are like that.

:gpost: I agree!!

Cheri said:
You forgot to answer my question, Why do you prefer hearing world now?

And Vampy, Well said, I agree with you. ;)

really not matter to me, not mind both
my childhood with my deaf parent and going to the deaf school.. yes my strong RSL
moved in here, it wasn't my prefer to be in hearing world, just I am new to this country and I was only one deaf working there and living with my girls independently, and they're going to mainstream school, change my life different from deaf world plus culture too :cool:

My background is HOH with a HA and recently with CI. I grew up in the hearing world and always will be in the hearing world. It is where I'm most comfortable and it is all I really know. The main reason it works for me is that I'm able to understand speech and speak the language just like a "native".

I have interacted with deaf world here and there in my life. Don't know sign language to save my life. I will say though I would be comfortable interacting with the deaf world more but probably won't happen anytime soon.

VamPyroX said:
*amen* i agree with u 500% TRUE!

Well I socialize with both sides but I feel comfortable at deaf world.

I have co-worker who share an office with me, can sign. We communicate each other with sign/voice.

I compared German and British deafies. I would say that I prefer German Deafies. They are socialize people...

But Vampy, it's not just deafies who spread the rumor but hearing as well! My co-worker often tell me what the office gossip spread out...

Liebling:-))) said:
But Vampy, it's not just deafies who spread the rumor but hearing as well! My co-worker often tell me what the office gossip spread out...

Oh yeah, that's true! I was working in several jobs where I used to work with hearies in the past. I was told by them that I'm so lucky not hearing such craps and goosips they spout rather so often. So same did at my wife's work before, too. Yep, I'm too sure that there some of you guys experienced that in the job world, too.

Deafies and hearies out elsewhere are that not much different, really. Goosips and fables are no-good poisons to you and everybody no matter whom or wherever you are.

I socialize with both hearies and deafies but I like to hang out with my closest deaf friends more.

it's not just deafies who spread the rumor but hearing as well! My co-worker often tell me what the office gossip spread out...
Oh yea, that is so true. I have worked among hearing people for most of my life. Some of them loved to gossip and gossip just like some deafies do. There isn't really much difference between hearies and deafies.

Well I socialize with both sides but I feel comfortable at deaf world.

I have co-worker who share an office with me, can sign. We communicate each other with sign/voice.

I compared German and British deafies. I would say that I prefer German Deafies. They are socialize people...

GSL is better than BSL? What about ASL simaliar to GSL that borrows sign languages from France where Abbe Charles Michel de l'Épée invented.

Of course, Laurent Clerc from France went to U.S.A. with Thomas Gallaudet...

Back