Yoga Lovers?

Namaste

Reaction score
Hi all! Im new here, 22 years old hoh woman. Avid yoga lover and teacher, and curious to meet some other deaf/hoh yogis ^_^ anyone have a favorite style?? Mine personal favorite is Ashtanga..but i love all yoga

This is my favorite exercise it makes me active and provide body fitness.

been trying kundalini yoga recently went on day course but knee is bad,i going take it up again it did help my back

I use to do yoga when I was a teenager . I did it my bedroom to help me relax living with dysfunctional family . I did try to take a class years ago
but I could not hear the yoga instructor b/c she was talking so softly and when we had to lie down and keep our eyes close it was impossible to read lips that way. I never went back.

Are there different types of yoga? I've been trying to get into it, but I don't know where to start really... My local gym offers it, but I want to learn from somebody who really understands yoga on the spiritual level as well, not just a fitness method. If you have any tips that would be great! Thank you!

Are there different types of yoga? I've been trying to get into it, but I don't know where to start really... My local gym offers it, but I want to learn from somebody who really understands yoga on the spiritual level as well, not just a fitness method. If you have any tips that would be great! Thank you!

There is yoga for all levels and it would help to know what level you're at and if you have on limitation on body movement .

I would say beginner. I do a lot of strength training, and I do stretch... but my stability is poor and my flexibility can always improve.

I would say beginner. I do a lot of strength training, and I do stretch... but my stability is poor and my flexibility can always improve.

There should quite a few places that teach for beginner I California did you check out a 'Y' . This is an old thread , 2012 , so I am no sure if the OP is around anymore to give you any tips. Did you try looking for line to see if can find any place to take classes? I just Google yoga classes in California and there are lot , I do not what part you live in but you should try looking . There is yoga for runners , I did not know that.

I could look into it, but I fant afford much, even with two jobs AND going to school, my time will be consumed... But I'll look into my area again. I know there are a lot of books on the matter, but idk. Like I said, money and time are tight right now

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using AllDeaf App mobile app

I could look into it, but I fant afford much, even with two jobs AND going to school, my time will be consumed... But I'll look into my area again. I know there are a lot of books on the matter, but idk. Like I said, money and time are tight right now

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using AllDeaf App mobile app

I brought a book when I was teenager and did yoga in my bedroom. It helped me get through living with an abusive father. I have seen yoga on public TV stations . you could record if are at work . I understand about money being tight , the cost of living has really gone up. You could buy a DVD too or rent one from the library . maybe you could find used booked store to help save a few $$$.

Back