Yo. What's up?

yjgstahc

Reaction score
Uh hi.

I was born deaf in Korea. I moved to USA when I was almost 6 for having cochlear implant. That was interesting because my whole family tree was hearing. I think I am the first deaf born in my family tree. That's when I started to learn ASL. My parents wanted me to go to public schools. I remember I was in middle school that I always wish I could attend deaf school like Maryland School for Deaf in Frederick or Columbia. I just realize that my parents want me to have good education in public school. When I was in Kindergarten, I met my first interpreter who is Diana Corrigan which is my interpreter right now in my public high school. I only had seen her when I was in Kindergarten, 1st grade, 8th grade, 9th grade, and now Junior. You guys might know my interpreter's son, Chris Corrigan. He was used to attend MSD and Gallaudet University. Also, he shot a star in a movie, Black Sand. Some of you had seen that movie ones.

Anyways, I'm introducing myself that my name is Yeh Jun Kim. I'm Korean-American and 17 years old (Will be 18 in May). First deaf person that I met is Yvon Pham who is in Rochester Institution of Technology right now. I don't meet a lot of deaf people around here. I can't wait to go to RIT for meeting more deaf people.

Since now, I just realize about this website, All Deaf. I know that I saw this website before like since middle school. So, I decide to join this website for having social and learning about you guys!

Nice to meet you guys.

nice to meet you. I got to visit South Korea once for about a week. beautiful country, and the people were very kind.

welcome to Alldeaf!

Welcome!!!! You know, you could attend summer school or summer camp at either RIT or Gally so you could meet other dhh kids.
Summer Youth Programs - Gallaudet University
and RIT - NTID - Explore Your Future (EYF)
MSD also offers summer camps too! Maryland School for the Deaf
And if you're interested in going to a deaf school.....MSD is one of the best out there!!!! I think your parents may be uninformed about what deaf schools are like.

I tried to do that, but summers meh.. always been my busy time haha. I remember that...

"After freshman year" summer = Algebra 2 Summer School

"After sophomore year" summer = Chemistry G/T Summer School

"After junior year" summer (this summer) = Korea for 2 months T~T

Welcome to AllDeaf -waves-

:ty::wave:

nice to meet you. I got to visit South Korea once for about a week. beautiful country, and the people were very kind.

Cool. My dad lives in South Korea there for his job. I can't wait for this summer, so I can visit Korea again and stay there for 2 months! I haven't been there Korea for 7 years :/ anddd nice to meet you, too.

Back