Yet Another Downgrade for Cochlear

lcstamper

Reaction score
For the past several month Cochlear ((COH)) has appeared to handle the recall of its N5 implant well, though there has been some related loss of market share as the company's aura of superior safety and reliability has been tarnished.

FNArena

That is why I don't want implants. If anything goes wrong, they have to go in, AGAIN. Operating on me once for my top-bottom jaw surgery was enough...

And what if economic conditions so degrade that we lose access to surgeons (they either die or escape the country) and the means to have this paid for?

Just get the stem cells and maintain your health as long as you can. Thing is, stem cells require an even more technical medical society that is harder to maintain, keep alive on bad monetary policy. Right now, we have very bad monetary policy, so it's possible we may not get to see stem cell therapy before we have to start over.

Consider the following:

--------------------------
As Bill Buckler over at The Privateer so succinctly puts it many years ago..."Up until August 15, 1971, there has never in history been an era when no paper currency was linked to Gold. The history of money is replete with instances of coin clipping, printing, debt defaults, and the other attendant ills of currency debasement. In all other eras of history, people could always escape to other currencies, whose Gold backing remained intact. But since 1971, there is no escape [to other paper currencies] because no paper currency has any link to Gold."

"All of the economic, monetary, and financial upheaval of the past 40 years is a direct result of this fact."
-------------------------

Who is going to pay for the implantation/reimplantation when the gov't loses the ability to function/pay for services as a result of repudiation of the dollar? It's already starting to happen with Iran and China trading directly without going through SWIFT. And India as well. Who is next?

I want to be medically as "stock" as possible when we are forced to lower our living standards. (stock as in a stock Jeep Wranger)

well they had 80 ish percent of market so they will still be the biggest even if they loose some market share. Also the Financial news has nothing to do with the product history, research and future. If anything they will probably just work harder to maintain their market share....
Personally if my implant failed I would not get another of any brand..

Back