yesterday i signed my first paragraph in asl class!!!

limaris21

Reaction score
Yes I did it and to top it off we had to go in front of asl level 4 students which are the most advance and sign for them n they where really impress on how well I did it. It was a nice experience because in level 4 asl there is really no talking with voice and I sign with them some stuff they corrected me because I had either my hand placement wrong or something ..... Excited can't Wait to do it again next week

Awesome!
I look forward to some day being fluent in ASL and faster than the turtle signing I do now. :D

oh just hang in there. I'm in asl level 2 right now so i am still a beginner and i never thought i could sign a whole paragraph but when u get put to the test u actually realize your learning something. to practice my signing what i do is stand in front of the miror and sign anything, alphabet, words, questions and answers like that. SO MY ADVICE IS PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. i wish there was something like video chatting in this web so i can practice more with other asl students.

I canNOT sign in front of a mirror, it's too distracting! The ASL class I was taking is divided into 4 parts, and B was supposed to start this month, but has been cancelled due to lack of students. So, SO disappointed! We'd already done signing our introductions about ourselves, and our families, and basic questions, storytelling...
I'm trying to volunteer with one of our Deaf organizations, just to try and keep myself in practice, and learn some new things. It's amazing how hard it can be to coordinate schedules with someone else to do an interview.

Congratulations limaris21!
honey.toronto: you just made me really grateful that my city is able to support lots of ASL classes.

Congratulations limaris21!
honey.toronto: you just made me really grateful that my city is able to support lots of ASL classes.

Unfortunately, as it's a Continuing Education class at the college, it is what it is. Our first term teacher told us it was the smallest starting class he'd ever had, but I'm extremely grateful it was, I don't know if I would have learned as much otherwise.

He also showed us this film in class one day. I think it's brilliant.
Redefining D-E-A-F - YouTube

I canNOT sign in front of a mirror, it's too distracting! The ASL class I was taking is divided into 4 parts, and B was supposed to start this month, but has been cancelled due to lack of students. So, SO disappointed! We'd already done signing our introductions about ourselves, and our families, and basic questions, storytelling...
I'm trying to volunteer with one of our Deaf organizations, just to try and keep myself in practice, and learn some new things. It's amazing how hard it can be to coordinate schedules with someone else to do an interview.

Oh I see. Well good luck on the interview

Back