Is Fernandes the right choice?

• Yea

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Nay

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Neither/neutral

Votes: 24 42.9%

• Total voters
I am glad it s time to wake up calls again..

I knew there is something wrong with between Dr. Jordan King and Jane K. I hope they ll find something that they cannot get away with it anymore.

The reason is that I dont have confidence in Dr. King Jordan from the beginning from my strong instinct. Now I m not surprised whats going on in Gallaudet University with those audist attitude people.

Thats very good reason for Deaf students and people are still boycott it now. I applaud their courages to stand up and their Deaf voices to be heard.

Smile! ;)
Sweetmind

I'm neither as I am not a student and I do not have all of the information.

To be honest about this whole thing, it was interesting at first, then it lost its appeal just like every other headliner.

I vote none, because I could care less about Gallaudet University and their protests. They sure are picky for who's the president, that reminds me of high school. The students are picky with who wants to play with in sports, like they will pick someone else and pick me last.

Whoa!

sequoias said:
I vote none, because I could care less about Gallaudet University and their protests. They sure are picky for who's the president, that reminds me of high school. The students are picky with who wants to play with in sports, like they will pick someone else and pick me last.

Students and Faculty are not being picky they have tried for the past six years to get the educational standards higher, but they have been dumbed down by Jane. Therefore, it is time to let off the steam...

thank you!

:cheers:

I am not Gally...it got me attention about the protested by students as I thought Gally hired hearing prez. Oooh, it is about DEAF Prez?! Then I didn't bother to read the details...hold a sec (watching TV)...darn, Suns lost to Clippers...okay, where I am? Never mind. :zzz:

Good luck to Gally students and new prez. :bye:

sequoias said:
seq i agree i went thru the same thing eagles RULEZ!!!!

Dr. Strangelove said:
Nay. I just don't feel Fernandes is the person to lead and represent Gallaudet. I am curious about the opinions of AllDeaf members regarding this current hot button issue.
Well, what do you know? This is hearing world. Jane might know something to help all deaf students. Many people don't like deaf people because of their lack discipline and respect and lack at communication in English. Maybe this time they will begin to like deaf people after Gallaudet have a hearing president... Think about it.

Demise said:
Well, what do you know? This is hearing world. Jane might know something to help all deaf students. Many people don't like deaf people because of their lack discipline and respect and lack at communication in English. Maybe this time they will begin to like deaf people after Gallaudet have a hearing president... Think about it.
The president isn't hearing--she is hard of hearing and ORAL.

Another thing is that if hearing people have a problem with deaf people, that is the hearing person's problem. Many hearing employers are OK with writing back and forth, but of course there needs to be emphasis on LITERACY.

I am for a DEAF president of Gallaudet University.... for long time hearies had been controlled this univeristy.. until Jordan was first deaf ( not completely deaf) ...

It is time for Deaf President to run this university!!!!

Thanks!!
SxyPorkie

SxyPorkie said:
I am for a DEAF president of Gallaudet University.... for long time hearies had been controlled this univeristy.. until Jordan was first deaf ( not completely deaf) ...

It is time for Deaf President to run this university!!!!

Thanks!!
SxyPorkie
So, you're saying that you support the newly selected president?

I think JF would be a good choice because I understand how it feels to be deaf but good at writing and reading. I understand how it feels to have other deaf tell you that you're hearing instead of deaf.
most of the people who say JF is an audist, probably haven't even met her, so why do they say it!?
Bottom line: Time to grow up!

JF is not the right choice. Students and faculty have a right to choose who they want to represent their interests, and obviously, they feel that JF is not the one that will represent them to their best advantage.

Why should everyone care about this? Because what is seen in the news by the hearing community about Gally determines how the Deaf community is perceived. Everytime even one deaf person stands up for thir rights, it has an effect on the whole Deaf community, and even on those who are d/hh and don't consider themselves to be Deaf.

i vote neutral, even if i am goin to gallaudet this aug, i have no idea what the protest is about and don't really understand the whole thing.

Some of you may need to think about what you define Deaf? or deaf?

Back