Ya'll ain't from here?

baitchunker

Reaction score
I'm sixty-one. Have NF2. Had to retire from being an electrical contractor years ago because my hearing was so bad. Became a magazine editor back when email was in it's infancy. Sold out to a big publishing firm and retired again. Went to work part-time for American Honda, and retired for good when my already bad hearing got even worse. Became totally deaf about four years ago.

I had a second acoustic neuroma removed, the first in 1975, one year ago. Went to M.D. Anderson hospita in Houston as they have a well respected technique. Promised I would be in the hospital for a week to ten days, and be able to drive home. I was in a coma for five months, at four hospitals, and still am in a wheelchair.

Glad I found you guys. Looking forward to learning from ya'll.

Ray Fagan
Pascagoula, MS, USA

Welcome, Ray!

Wow, you've been thru the wringer!

I hope you enjoy your time at AD. :)

Holy cow, what a story!!! They sure messed up on THAT prediction, eh?

I hope you continue to make progress in your recovery.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Wow, you have gone and survived this trauma. I am glad that you have pulled out the best you can achieved in recovering your illness. Now that you are totally deaf. You have to adapt or adjust in getting use to being deaf, even if you have been deaf for four years. Have you learn how to sign like ASL, yet? Are you interest in wanting to learn ASL (American Sign Language)? It will help you not feel isolate if you are planning on meeting with the Deaf community.

I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Maybe I ain't from there but I grew up in Mobile and McGill use to beat your school every year, and still does. Nevertheless, you got great restarunts and Pascagoula is better than Biloxi/Gulfpost, not to mention the birthplace of Jimmy Buffet, who is a real good friend on mine.

Actually, I went to school in Moss Point. Ya'll haven't beaten us to bad since integration. :) Buffett's grandmother and mine were good friends. Ask if he remembers Lena Clay?

Back