Xmeeting for Mac OS X

deafaussie

Reaction score
Guys and Gals,

Just recently discovered that developers had released Xmeeting 0.4p2 which contains so many fixes experienced in previous version.

It works really well with my MacOS X 10.5.6 and can call to ALL VRS providers without any difficulties.

Google and download it. Sourceforge still having the previous version.

Thanks for the heads up, but I do not have a webcam. :P

Ah, gonnna check...

XMeeting is a SIP and H.323 compliant and Open Source videoconferencing client for Mac OS X (10.4 and later). The current version of XMeeting is 0.3.4. Historically, XMeeting has evolved from ohphoneX. However, XMeeting has been rewritten from scratch and uses a totally different software architecture than ohphoneX.
Although not yet being a 1.xx release, XMeeting is quite stable, has good interoperability with other clients and provides many unique features such as the sophisticated Address Book integration. Much effort has been put into the Mac OS X native GUI. We think the result is worth it!

http://xmeeting.sourceforge.net/pages/xmeeting.php

:hmm: it's still 0.3.4?

Or you could mean this. it shows:
XMeeting 0.4 preview 2 released 2009-01-11

So that means a beta:

This is a preview release of the next version of XMeeting.
(not fully tested, English only, no manual / other documentation)

of course it is a beta and i assure you It works way better than I had experienced with previous version.

Cant go wrong, right ?

of course it is a beta and i assure you It works way better than I had experienced with previous version.

Cant go wrong, right ?

Yeah well I haven't used Xmeeting in a while, so I'll wait for the full version. I'm using my VPAD+ since I got it couple months ago :)

VPad+ is much better than VPAD

What does it do with this thread? :slap: :lol:

Anyway, it been a while as they finally release the new beta version. I hear it was tough to fix the solution. I'm try it out and see how it handle well.

excellent, have you found a way to call people easier? I always have to ask around for IP address of everyone. I wish viable would make a mac client. Not to mention I can't receive calls

Guys and Gals,

Just recently discovered that developers had released Xmeeting 0.4p2 which contains so many fixes experienced in previous version.

It works really well with my MacOS X 10.5.6 and can call to ALL VRS providers without any difficulties.

It seem that XMeeting isn't work with HOVRS while I able to get it work with CSVRS.

It seem that XMeeting isn't work with HOVRS while I able to get it work with CSVRS.

Yes, I had noticed but it takes time for HOVRS to establish H323 connection with Xmeeting. Other providers I tried are CSDVRS, Sorenson and GraciasVRS. These are pretty fast.

If you could look carefully into inspector (logging) window you will see the video conferencing platform that HOVRS use and that platform is not the same as CSDVRS and GraciasVRS.

It is time for HOVRS to upgrade to a better and reliable platform

VideoSign 3.0 can work with both of Windows and MAC OS. It will be coming soon.

It's for Mac issues, not for Windows..... Last time I hear there is VideoSign come up on Mac, like 2 or 3 years ago. :mad2:

Neverless.... XMeeting is now, only the videophone available on Mac that does the VRS and point to point with stupid ip-address instead 10-digit number.

XMeeting Version 0.4p2 Setup in Mac OS X 10.5.8

Guys and Gals,

Hi Deaf Aussie, Can you show me the proper setup in the XMeeting Preferences, Version 0.4p2 for Mac OS X 10.5.8 as having trouble connecting the Sorenson VP200 users as their screen is black. Wonder what am I missing? Thanks

does xmeeting use interpreters, or is is regular video-chatting?

edit: i downloaded xmeeting, but when i tested the video, it was as if a mac photobooth effect was on...the video was stretched...any ideas why? any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
ZVRS is coming out with the Z3 soon. Apparently it's Windows and Mac compatible. I'd wait for that.

Back