Xbox 360 CC?

NightwarriorJin

Reaction score
Guys

I have a question to ask all of you..

Have you noticed when you play DVD movie from Xbox 360, they do not pass along the information for CC to be displayed? We thought it was DVD problem, until we tried the same DVD on Xbox1, it displayed the CC while Xbox 360 do not.

I searched through the web and found that in order to turn on CC, i need to have Windows XP Media Center Edition to enable it. Is it true? Do you find any way of turning it on without the use of WMCE?

Thanks!

It happens on SOME DVDs but most of the DVDs I played on my Xbox360 shows closed capitoning while some would just need subtitles to be shown instead.

Steel X said:
It happens on SOME DVDs but most of the DVDs I played on my Xbox360 shows closed capitoning while some would just need subtitles to be shown instead.

is there any special setting on xbox 360 to get it to work? I am using HDMI cable (the cable with red, green, blue for video) and it did not show ANYTHING at all, while on xbox, it works.

Not really, the only way to fully understand a movie is to turn on the subtitles if the CC doesnt work though. Just be aware that the DVD player on Xbox360 works alittle different than the one on the orginal Xbox.

Are you sure it's not the captioning?

Some DVDs don't have closed captions and use subtitles instead. Some people complain that that the closed captioning isn't working, but in reality... it's not captioned... just subtitled.

VamPyroX said:
Are you sure it's not the captioning?

Some DVDs don't have closed captions and use subtitles instead. Some people complain that that the closed captioning isn't working, but in reality... it's not captioned... just subtitled.
Yeah it's possible.

For example, forgien movies are not capitoned but rather subtitled instead because they are not speaking in English.

I have no problem at all. Some DVD do not provide CC. If no CC, and then there is a subtitle or english for deaf and hard of hearing.

Fragmenter said:
subtitles > CC

Some dvd movies don't provide closed captioned, because there are subtitle for hearing impaired what I see on language menu. That makes sense. If it doesn't say anything on language menu then you know dvd movie must have CC from television.

That makes sense to you.
Why don't you check that?

I do know that Xbox 360 doesn't have CC. Only on Media Extender from Windows Media Center Edition from PC. You can use remote for using CC from using xbox 360 through MCE. You can watch tv shows on Xbox 360 and it is much better than TIVO. So I don't have to pay monthly on record favorite shows.

SJones4dad

It's wasn't fault because some DVD doesn't have subtitles, just check on back of DVD if have subtitles included. If not then setup the CC on TV. Only problem with Lions Gate because rejected to build subtitles in DVD, all DVD that Lions Gate created and don't have subtitles included, that's sad.

I wish that laws would pass that All DVD should have subtitles built-in before shipping to US.

Fragmenter said:
subtitles > CC

yeah, subtitles look better then closed captioning.

and if your movie have a menu, you can select subtitles. most movie have subtitles now.

Gt-racing said:
yeah, subtitles look better then closed captioning.

and if your movie have a menu, you can select subtitles. most movie have subtitles now.

Some part of HDTV has subtitles built-in instead of CC. CC looks ugly with all white text and black background.

TrippLA said:
Some part of HDTV has subtitles built-in instead of CC. CC looks ugly with all white text and black background.

On your cable hdtv? or hdtv televison itself? I noticed hdtv cable box having small CC and hate it very much. Decided to give back to cable company. Using digital box works good but no hdtv programmings. My hdtv work normal like standard tv for CC. Get HDTV antenna or Directv or Dishnetwork. I have not try those. Is anyone who have HDTV directv or dishnetwork?

Let me know.

HDTV on Xbox 360 is amazing! Love it very much!

sjones4dad said:
On your cable hdtv? or hdtv televison itself? I noticed hdtv cable box having small CC and hate it very much. Decided to give back to cable company. Using digital box works good but no hdtv programmings. My hdtv work normal like standard tv for CC. Get HDTV antenna or Directv or Dishnetwork. I have not try those. Is anyone who have HDTV directv or dishnetwork?

Let me know.

HDTV on Xbox 360 is amazing! Love it very much!

It's on HDTV television itself, not all have it, most of them have regular CC with white text and black background.

TrippLA said:
It's on HDTV television itself, not all have it, most of them have regular CC with white text and black background.

What kind of televison do you have? Sony? Samsbung? Toshiba?

I think it is good to know if anyone buy and find it too small to read on CC. I would not recommend that.

Mine is Sony.

Back