XBOX 360: Any Way To Caption/Subtitle Games?

MomToDeafChild

Reaction score
Does anyone have an XBOX 360? My daughters got one for Christmas. We've noticed that there is a lot of talking going on in some of them, and DD can't hear what they are saying. She's getting really frustrated because she can't understand the instructions.

Is there a way to caption/subtitle the games?

Also, it comes with a free trial to Hulu Plus and to Epix, and I was wondering if either of those have captioning?

Thanks!

some games do have captioning, but not all. try to go into the video/audio options on the main menus of the games themselves, because you'd have to set up each one individually by game. you cant go into the xbox 360 settings and have all games have captioning. some of them will even have them automatically. like I said though, with some games I've had no luck but there are quite a few that do have them. Hope it helps!

my kids have xbox360. I dont play any games and I am not aware of ANY captioning for the games. However we have a subscription for netflix and after the firmware on the xbox was updated sometime last spring I think the captioning started to work on the xbox in netflix. Not all movies are captioned, but a good chunk is.

MomToDeafChild said:
Does anyone have an XBOX 360? My daughters got one for Christmas. We've noticed that there is a lot of talking going on in some of them, and DD can't hear what they are saying. She's getting really frustrated because she can't understand the instructions.

Is there a way to caption/subtitle the games?

Also, it comes with a free trial to Hulu Plus and to Epix, and I was wondering if either of those have captioning?

Thanks!

Hi, I understand the frustration with the captioning. Hulu does have some captioned movies but not that many. I only look for free movies with captions. Also, the XBox 360 does not have CC support. When you buy something it has to say CC right on the box or it isn't supported.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Back