XBMC-Media Player

CrazyPaul

Reaction score
My son recommends me to install XBMC so I can watch any streaming 1080p video with subtitles on my HDTV from PC using a video card with HDMI output. He showed me that the subtitles can be adjusted such as color, font size and type. That's new to me and I was fascinated by this great feature. I am not talking about CC, capisce? Maybe many of you already know or have that program (media player) which is much better than WMC or MCE. So I will try it as soon as I upgrade my video card.

To download for your OS, Downloads | XBMC

Yeah XBMC RULES!

I have it installed on a HP Laptop using HDMI out to our TV. The CC Support is awesome!

You might get a clearer picture than Boxee as I have heard it does a lot of H.24 encoding. I've never used it myself.

So far I have watched many torrented movies (in BD format, 1080p) using XBMC on my TV which is connected to my PC via HDMI. It works great.

If a movie doesn't have English subtitles, XBMC can automatically search, download and install it from opensubtitles.org per request (it only takes two clicks).

If no subtitles are found, simply mouse over on the right and the small window will pop up. Click on "Manually enter search string" and a new window will pop up. Make sure the name of the movie is correct and click on "Done". It will search again and show a list of subtitles so pick a right one for that movie. If still no subtitles are found, obviously no one made subtitles to be uploaded for that movie.

XBMC's best feature is that I can change a style (4 choices), color (8), type (only two) and size (so many) of the subtitles that are downloaded from opensubtitles.org. However it doesn't work on subtitles that come with a movie.

I use my wireless keyboard to play, pause, etc. One thing that disappoints me is that it can't play slow-motion.

Well, that's it. If it has been discussed here before, then I am sorry. :Oops:

Back