X360 & PS3 are equal

Fragmenter

Reaction score
Denis Dyack: 360, PS3 Are Equals

The head of Silicon Knights says it's a wash between the next-gen consoles.
by Daemon Hatfield

November 3, 2006 - Silicon Knights, makers of Eternal Darkness, are readying the forever-in-development Too Human for the Xbox 360, as well as an unannounced title for the PlayStation 3. Speaking to the San Jose Mercury News, the company's President, Denis Dyack, says the next-generation systems are virtually identical in terms of power.

"The 360 and the PS3 are equal in power in my eyes," Dyack says. "Maybe the PS3 has more processing power. The 360 has more available memory. It's pretty much a net, net. The public perception of the PS3 was that it was much more powerful. To developers, they look even."

Silicon Knights had a working relationship with Nintendo for several years, making Eternal Darkness and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for the GameCube. That partnership ended in 2004, though, and Dyack says he has no current plans to develop for the Wii. Too Human is planned as a trilogy for the Xbox 360.

So, the X360 already has a library of videogames AND will have almost all the videogames the PS3 has. So, to me, the PS3 is for gamers who must have Metal Gear Solid 4 and BluRay and whatever.

I'm happy with my X360 and I don't care about MGS4 & BluRay so the Wii is next.

Not totally surprised there...I mean, ppl did say the game "the darkness" looks pretty similar on both PS3 and Xbox360 versions.

'Silicon Knights' is based in St. Catharines, the city I live in.

I find it interesting that Dennis Dyack says this about the PS3 and Xbox360. I ask Dennis Dyack then, why is Tomonobu Itagaki choosing to develop Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PS3 as opposed to the 360? Itagaki has said he wants the next Ninja Gaiden to be on the best hardware.

Personally, I think that PS3 and X360 games will be comparable in graphical quality at first, but after a year, and after developers get a feel for the PS3, I believe the PS3 will have games that surpass 360 games graphically. I also believe this will prompt Microsoft to come out with the next Xbox to compete with the PS3. Y'all can betcha your undies that Micro$oft right now is already desgining their next Xbox. I think with the Wii and PS3 that Nintendo and Sony raised or is raising the bar in different things that are part of videogames. So it would not surprise me to see Micro$oft coming out with a xbox handheld and a motion-sensitive controller, or a motion-sentisitve handheld completley compatible with the new Xbox. Jeepers, I'm ramblin' on here. Anyways, right now the PS3 and Xbox360 are comparable, but I really doubt they will be comparable at all after 2008\2009. The Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer is IN-GAME graphics. (Check out the MGS4 trailer at Gametrailers.com or google it) I've said it before, ans I'm going to say it again. MGS4 is going to sell a lot of PS3s.

I don't think so because PS3 is powerful, cell processor and other features that make games look superior but loading time will be more faster due BD and cell processor or almost no loading time.

Dr. Strangelove,

The PS3 may have a better hardware but the strings tying them all up are weaker than the strings in the X360. The X360 was designed to be a videogame console in mind.

Sony made the same mistake Sega did with the Saturn. Nice hardware but stupid architecture. Only the best programmers will have the patience and knowledge to get the most out of the PS3. And the X360's architecture is what everyone is used to the last 10 years (PC-like coding with architecture geared 100% towards gaming).

I think the X360 will be just fine this time around (life-cycle may very much be similar to the PS1) AND Sony will be the one rushing the next system (PS4).

Nintendo will be sitting back enjoying not fighting directly against Microsoft and Sony for once.

And the Ninja Gaiden hasn't been confirmed for a specific system, yet.

We know that Ninja Gaiden Sigma will be coming to the PS3 yet its the same game but with new features and better graphics, etc...however, the creator of Ninja Gaiden and DoA series said he is mainly focusing on Xbox360, and he wasnt 100% behind the PS3 version thou a friend of his were actually creating the PS3 version with the same team that made monster racher. So, Ninja Gaiden Sigma isnt really redone by Team Ninja anyway but by monster racher team for the PS3 version.

So I'm pretty sure a sequel to Ninja Gaiden will be on its way to Xbox360 soon.

The Xbox version of Ninja Gaiden being ported to the PS3?

Well, yes and no.

It will still be the same story but have more features like the blonde in black leather costume named Rachael, will be playable in the PS3 version as she never was in the Xbox version. It will also have other weapons that never appeared in the Xbox version as well the SUPER HARD mode will be featured in the PS3 version also. Graphics obviously looks better on the PS3 version than Xbox version. Xbox fanboys were concered about NG going to PS3, but then Itagaki, creator of NG and DoA series mentioned in the 1up.com interview that he's mainly focusing his work on the Xbox360 and said "he cant do everything" since it would be too much work to port from one console to another, etc...so he had a friend do it for him while he's busy with Xbox360. and his friend was the one who done monster racher, and asked Itagaki if he can bring the NG title to the PS3 since the PSfanboys are missing out whats cool about NG...so he let him do it so to be fair with PS fanboys but he mentioned that he has no plans of releasing NG2 and DOAX2 to the PS3 as well...and proably never will happen, but who knows?

NG is like a 3 yr old game now and is playable on Xbox360 so in my opinon it seems too late for that and not many NG PS3 versions will be sold since the PS3 is still too expensive. If you already played NG on Xbox and wanna play NG2, then for sure it will be on Xbox360 soon...so you Xbox fanboys dont have to worry about Itagaki porting or making some of his games exclusive to PS3 cause he said it's not gonna happen.

I find it interesting that Dennis Dyack says this about the PS3 and Xbox360. I ask Dennis Dyack then, why is Tomonobu Itagaki choosing to develop Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PS3 as opposed to the 360? Itagaki has said he wants the next Ninja Gaiden to be on the best hardware.

Itagaki isnt behind the works on the PS3 version...his friend who made the monster racher games (tecmo? yes. team ninja? no.) So Team Ninja isn't redoing the NG game for the PS3..only monster racher team is doing it for them.

Thanks for clearing that up. I cannot wait to see what Itagaki has cooked up for the offical sequel to Ninja Gaiden. I've been playing DOA4, and I remeber playing Ninja Gaiden Xbox after playing DOA3, and being awe-struck at what Itagaki did making the DOA or whatever engine work for a full-fledged action game. I guess more news and details about NG2 will surface after DOAx2, or previews\demos will come with the game or be available on Live Marketplace.

Thanks for clearing that up. I cannot wait to see what Itagaki has cooked up for the offical sequel to Ninja Gaiden. I've been playing DOA4, and I remeber playing Ninja Gaiden Xbox after playing DOA3, and being awe-struck at what Itagaki did making the DOA or whatever engine work for a full-fledged action game. I guess more news and details about NG2 will surface after DOAx2, or previews\demos will come with the game or be available on Live Marketplace.

I don't trust what Steel said about Tecmo games.

I remember about DOA was released on PS2 and Tecmo was found out that PS2 isn't powerful as Xbox does, such as limited technical and not enough spaces for 1x DVD (single layer) since Xbox support 2x DVD (dual layer). Tecmo is just ahead and focus on Xbox until PS3 is introduced but Tecmo would change their mind about focus on PS3 after found out about successful. I just wait and see if Tecmo would rather to release new games on PS3 because their technical is much better and BD support more spaces than DVD.

I don't trust what Steel said about Tecmo games.

I remember about DOA was released on PS2 and Tecmo was found out that PS2 isn't powerful as Xbox does, such as limited technical and not enough spaces for 1x DVD (single layer) since Xbox support 2x DVD (dual layer). Tecmo is just ahead and focus on Xbox until PS3 is introduced but Tecmo would change their mind about focus on PS3 after found out about successful. I just wait and see if Tecmo would rather to release new games on PS3 because their technical is much better and BD support more spaces than DVD.

believe whatever you want.

and I wasnt talking about the WHOLE tecmo company...I'm mainly talking about Team Ninja and it's a small company owned by Tecmo who done mostly the DoA games and Ninja Gaiden and is run by Itagaki himself since he created DoA and NG so it's HIS decision to put his games on whatever system he wants...not Tecmo or Team Ninja. HIM.

since u dont believe me, are you desperate for some proof? well then here it is.

Team Ninja's Itagaki Interviewed news from 1UP.com

believe whatever you want.

and I wasnt talking about the WHOLE tecmo company...I'm mainly talking about Team Ninja and it's a small company owned by Tecmo who done mostly the DoA games and Ninja Gaiden and is run by Itagaki himself since he created DoA and NG so it's HIS decision to put his games on whatever system he wants...not Tecmo or Team Ninja. HIM.

since u dont believe me, are you desperate for some proof? well then here it is.

Team Ninja's Itagaki Interviewed news from 1UP.com

I just let him to developing the new games but I just get both of PS3 and 360 then wouldn't worry about version that release on 360 or PS3 only. Ninja Gaiden was released on Nintendo then remake for Super Nintendo and supposed to make on Gamecube or Wii. I'm not big fan of Ninja Gaiden and never played this game on Xbox.

I have admit that PS2 isn't good system and Sony was lost my respect in few years ago then I decided to got Xbox in 2003 because it seems best gaming system and support more spaces. I was surprised that PS3 is going be powerful enough for compete with 360 and doing much of work but require to update firmware to fuck all illegal mod chips up, such as cause an hardware failure. MS won because MS sent firmware to 360 to fuck all mod chips up and cause hardware failure. I understand about Sony and MS to protect their gaming system.

Now, let's look at the history of Team Ninja's work, shall we?

Dead or alive for the first time came out on Sega Saturn in 1996, then came to Playstation with better graphics and gameplay during the same year.

Dead or Alive 2 first came to Sega Dreamcast in 2000 then a renewed version for the PS2 during the PS2 launch. (DoA 2: Hardcore, but sadly, the graphics werent as great as the Dreamcast graphics were.)

In 2001, Xbox was born and DoA3 was a launch title for the Xbox since Team Ninja was impressed with the hardware power of the Xbox.

In 2003/2004, Team Ninja re-done DOA2 with better graphics and more features that werent in other versions for the Xbox in the DoA Ulimate collection along with the orginal DoA title in better graphics and also Xbox live enabled.

DoA Xtreme Beach Volleyball, the first DoA spin off released for the Xbox in 2003.

Then DoA4 was released as a launch title for the Xbox360 in 2005.

and now this year, Team Ninja is releasing DoAX2 for the Xbox360 this holiday season.

Ninja Gaiden was orginally on old school nintendo games by Tecmo.

A new Ninja Gaiden title began in 1999, and it had alot of delays and changes to the game. It was orginally planned for Dreamcast but failed since Dreamcast died, then planned for the PS2 launch but delayed since they feel the PS2 isn't that good for them. Finally, in 2001 Tecmo annouced that it would best for Xbox instead and the game was released for Xbox in early 2004.
Then around 18 months later, Ninja Gaiden Black, a special edition version with new features came out for Xbox.

Team Ninja haven't touched Sony in a long time since DoA2: Hardcore was on PS2 6 yrs ago so Tecmo/Monster Racher is bringing Team Ninja's NG Sigma to the PS3 to please its PS fanboys.

Now that we understand the history, it's clear that DoAX2 is already on its way to Xbox360 and NG2 is already in the works for Xbox360 as well and the creator of both games have no plans to port it to the PS3.

Now, let's look at the history of Team Ninja's work, shall we?

Dead or alive for the first time came out on Sega Saturn in 1996, then came to Playstation with better graphics and gameplay during the same year.

Dead or Alive 2 first came to Sega Dreamcast in 2000 then a renewed version for the PS2 during the PS2 launch. (DoA 2: Hardcore, but sadly, the graphics werent as great as the Dreamcast graphics were.)

In 2001, Xbox was born and DoA3 was a launch title for the Xbox since Team Ninja was impressed with the hardware power of the Xbox.

In 2003/2004, Team Ninja re-done DOA2 with better graphics and more features that werent in other versions for the Xbox in the DoA Ulimate collection along with the orginal DoA title in better graphics and also Xbox live enabled.

DoA Xtreme Beach Volleyball, the first DoA spin off released for the Xbox in 2003.

Then DoA4 was released as a launch title for the Xbox360 in 2005.

and now this year, Team Ninja is releasing DoAX2 for the Xbox360 this holiday season.

Ninja Gaiden was orginally on old school nintendo games by Tecmo.

A new Ninja Gaiden title began in 1999, and it had alot of delays and changes to the game. It was orginally planned for Dreamcast but failed since Dreamcast died, then planned for the PS2 launch but delayed since they feel the PS2 isn't that good for them. Finally, in 2001 Tecmo annouced that it would best for Xbox instead and the game was released for Xbox in early 2004.
Then around 18 months later, Ninja Gaiden Black, a special edition version with new features came out for Xbox.

Team Ninja haven't touched Sony in a long time since DoA2: Hardcore was on PS2 6 yrs ago so Tecmo/Monster Racher is bringing Team Ninja's NG Sigma to the PS3 to please its PS fanboys.

Now that we understand the history, it's clear that DoAX2 is already on its way to Xbox360 and NG2 is already in the works for Xbox360 as well and the creator of both games have no plans to port it to the PS3.

Just one question, Do you think that I'm Sony fanboy?

I didnt say you are Sony fanboy...so if I think you are, I would've said that, but no.

I didnt say you are Sony fanboy...so if I think you are, I would've said that, but no.

Thanks for answering... I'm neutral on between Sony and MS.

I used to be Sony fanboy (of course, it was PS1) until MS introduced new Xbox in 2001 and make me feel like Sony would lost my respect then rather to got Xbox. Sony was rushed to released PS2 in 2000 and doesn't good job with technical issues. Sony was introduced new PS3 and notice that their technical is much improving than PS2 does and doing good job, and I don't have problem with 360.

I sent few PM to you about apologize in last few weeks ago but you don't reply it.

Back