Wyndtell problems?

AquaMaiden

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with Wyndtell pager? Feel free to share ALL your problems and of course I'm having my own problems and am just ready to throw it out the window - even the damn company are not responding faster as they used to. Will explain my problems soon......

that is WYND. there is no perfect telecommunication devices. Even hearing people are having problems with their cell phones. even AOLhell was having their own problems wiht their RIM pagers until they figured this out- STOP SELLING DISFUNCTIONAL PAGERS.

[shrugging] My 2 years contract is up next month then I will sign on with Nokia to get cellphone model 6800. It has keypad, with letters, popping out so one can type on it like a normal pager. It got email/internet/aim on it... everything that Sidekick has but in a size of CELL PHONE... goody for me. faster text-messages between me and mom if we are both Nokias.

What kind of problems do you have, Aqua? Lemme guess- blank lines, slow recieving emails, it freezes and reloads on its own "intitation" something? eh? Yeah... one year of abuse will cause that ;) Learned that with my pager.... 2nd year with second pager (replacement) and it is fuckedup again. WYND pagers cannot survive longer than a year worth in deafie's hand :lol:

I have been a Wyndtell user since my senior year in high school - *counting* Fall 2000 til now - you do the math!

Anyways, the first few years it was good, not perfect.....had to replace my pagers few times thru the year until the previous year when I tried to get them to change my mailing/billing address as well as trying to get them to change the user name since they used my mother's name instead of mine *dumbass people there* - it took them a little over one year to get them to finally respond to my e-mail about changing the user name and half a year to get them to respond to my address changes. I didn't get my bills for nearly 4 or 5 months.
Now my pager is starting to work like old farts, having lines on the screen. Yea, I had this *shutting down, inizating* problem before.

They did respond few times, many different answers from different people. They don't even bother to check if other had respond to the emails.

Now I dont want to be with Wyndtell pager but my mom refuse to let me cancel it because it cost so expensive to cancel my service so I emailed them to change to a limited service since I don't use it much anymore. My contract don't expire for another year *Dec 2004* ARGHS!

Wyndtell got back to me after AGES and told me that they are giving me one month free - I'm like *hell no* but I got no other choices or do I? I want to get rid of it so bad without being charged. I got enuff bills to handle on my hands. Any suggestions?

I'm just this close to talk to Better Business Bureau but I just need more feedbacks and more reaible complains from other wyndtell users as well. Hope we can make a difference in this case. :type:

WYNDTELL PAGERS :rifle:

[laughing] @ "WYNDTELL PAGERS :rifle:"

well, I never have any problems with the customer service because I did get a speedy service. I emailed them about my pager being screwedup (a year ago) and they answered back within 3-4 days (I emailed on Friday... they didn't work on weekends so I got a reply on Monday... altho they should have worked throughout the weekend if they want to keep people happy, you know? 24-7 service or whatever)... my only peeve is that the AAA service SUCKS!
One time I was lost in Los Angeles *I am a native San Diegan and I hate driving in LA with those crazy idiots and stupid signs that are not clear!* and I was stuck in this neighborhood where nobody speaks English! so I paged AAA to come and tow my car or whatever, car services they were supposed to do... THEY NEVER F***ING ANSWERED BACK! I was stranded for like 3 hours until my friend from north of LA came in and guided me out of Hell's Pit. then like three days later, AAA paged me and told me that they didn't serve that area where I typed in the street names. :ROLL: idiot! :thumbd:

BTW, do you have an insurance plan? because those blank lines and bs are MECHINAL problems and they are required to replace it because it is their faults that their pagers are fucked up. you can always... [whistling] BREAK THE SCROLL. It is a gimmick. They will take it the second you tell them that the scroll thingy is broken and youc annot open anything. ;-) because the blank lines and etc could be YOUR fault, i.e. dropping it too much, spilling water on it.

I took advantage that one day my pager is not FUNCTIONAL at all and I reported it and told them allllll problems: scroll wheel broken, blank lines, bleeding ink *yes, the ink inside was literally bleeding across the screen.. couldn't read the emails!!!*, and initizialing shit. They told me at first that they couldn't cover it since it was their policy that they cannot accept if i had a bleeding ink problem but then they refrained themselves because in their policy, a broken scroll wheel was a good reason to get a free replacement. :thumb:

I am going to STOMP on my pager! It make me growling, I did email them and not get til 3 months! It is waste to pay for it if I already cancelled... It is SLOW! *whistle* for it be over!

Wyndtell is no value customer service

I used to work as agent or selling the pager. However, I learned a lot about those pagers that relate with deafwireless and wyndtell. You see, the deafwireless has no problem due their respond fast but only lacking is bill part and took care of that quickly.

The contract the paper can lead and confuse to everyone. The contract from what I read is made no sense from what they will tell you. Suppose, you get free pager with two years contract. If you decide to break the contract early with fee costs. They will force you to pay 129.00 plus the fee break contract. In previous that I am aware and becareful what you are changing your plans on pager's service. For example; my mistake that I just simple want add voice to text and the contract reset!?!?!? I learn my lesson and will not be their customer either deafwireless or wyndtell. I feel that owner have low abibilty function to understand the business world. What business world, the fellow the customer's happy and easy communicate.

I am glad that there are more service provide similar as RIM but sidekick had capitably to use coverage service and fast respond. Beside the T Mobile has 24 hours and Wyndtell made no sense of their customer hour. When they, Wynd and Deafwireless, become one business and their former hours was 8am to 11am thats it! 3 hours to answer the question but people live in different time zone who is working that time!

I think that Deafwireless and Wyndtell made no sense. I feel like whoever owe the business as wireless business for deaf customer. I rather to stick with hearing person ower because they are understanding what they are talking about from the contract. I do not care if Wynd read this message because that who they are! :nana:

The only different between "free" with two years contract and the cellular phone doesn't require you pay the cellular phone. Just the contract fee. Wynd force you to pay both! RIM and FEE CONTRACT! Its made no sense!

I hope WYND WILL VALUE TO DIE! :madfawk:

yes i agree they should be merged Deaf258

ideafspy -- i agree on that observations that deaf owned businesses for PDAs seems to be the ones ripping off the deaf customers while the hearie owned businesses for PDAs are much more reasonable and VERY clear on contracts

WYNDTELL :rl: I not like RIM because I was ex in Penna that my wynd is good sometimes not work it from Coverage Then I moved in La and I did sent to wynd talked about Coverage and I found that my pager is not coverage area in La damn :madfawk: also I sent to wynd cancelled my pager already then i just check up my pager is done.. they sent me bills that I WON'T pay bills becasue they refused fix something my pager coverage :asshole: also I found about Nokia 6800 is very good and i just read this Nokia is best and I will buy cell phone but I have to question to who is work from cell phone at att that make sure before i will buy it Hope Nokia good for me.. because I alway keep email to my family important and I need cell phone so bady damn and I found that someone told me about SideKick is not work here No coverage sometimes i say Forget it

I am pray get Nokia 6800 for me

Last edited:
Hi,

The RIM950's were very poor, but the newest Blackberries are pretty good. The 7200 and the 7700 series are very good and superior in the email department to Treo/Sidekick/Hiptops.

There is more software available for PocketPC/Palm.... but email is so much better on the 7200/7700 series Blackberries.

7200_landing.jpg

(Only 4.8 ounces, backlit keyboard, better tactile feel, can type about 30% faster than a Hiptop/Sidekick keyboard, lighter than TREO, lighter than Hiptop/sidekick). Just go for a REGULAR provider, and buy wireless TTY/TDD service separately such as Fuse Wireless ... and third party dispatch service through www.dictomail.com .... And it is more RELIABLE than Hiptop/Sidekick/TREO if you choose a GOOD provider... Blackberries have improved a lot and are less fragile too! WebMessenger is now finally possible through a third-party BES/MDS hosting service such as www.mailstreet.com ...

It is more expensive, and the monthly fees are more expensive -- but if you need the ULTIMATE wireless email that receives full size emails instantly automatically pager style (no 160 byte limit, no 15 minute intervals, and much better than TREO/Sidekick/hiptop in low reception areas where sometimes emails do not download for hours).

The 7XXX series Blackberry are reliably fast enough that FedEx can call dispatch, and the email will show up on my Blackberry fast enough for me to answer the door before the FedEx person walks away!!!!!

Last edited:
Mark Rejhon said:
Hi,

The RIM950's were very poor, but the newest Blackberries are pretty good. The 7200 and the 7700 series are very good and superior in the email department to Treo/Sidekick/Hiptops.

There is more software available for PocketPC/Palm.... but email is so much better on the 7200/7700 series Blackberries.

7200_landing.jpg

(Only 4.8 ounces, backlit keyboard, better tactile feel, can type about 30% faster than a Hiptop/Sidekick keyboard, lighter than TREO, lighter than Hiptop/sidekick). Just go for a REGULAR provider, and buy wireless TTY/TDD service separately such as Fuse Wireless ... and third party dispatch service through www.dictomail.com .... And it is more RELIABLE than Hiptop/Sidekick/TREO if you choose a GOOD provider... Blackberries have improved a lot and are less fragile too! WebMessenger is now finally possible through a third-party BES/MDS hosting service such as www.mailstreet.com ...

It is more expensive, and the monthly fees are more expensive -- but if you need the ULTIMATE wireless email that receives full size emails instantly automatically pager style (no 160 byte limit, no 15 minute intervals, and much better than TREO/Sidekick/hiptop in low reception areas where sometimes emails do not download for hours).

The 7XXX series Blackberry are reliably fast enough that FedEx can call dispatch, and the email will show up on my Blackberry fast enough for me to answer the door before the FedEx person walks away!!!!!

Hello, I am not interesting of Blackberries but i like CellPhone nokia 6800 coverage is good area in LA

HAIL TO ANDREW!!!!! I couldn't believe that WyndSucktell communications decided to add $5.00 paper statement fee on ACTIVE contract accounts!!! I thought they'd wait until my contract expires before they add such fees. It is so UNREAL!!! I know 5 dollars isn't alot money, but letting them break the contract agreement? I don't think so! After carefully check with sources, and even professors at university. I realize that this addition of such fees that weren't in the orignal contract agreement before its expiration date is really VIOLATION of agreement, and that orignal agreement is automatically DEAD! Image, if you had 1 year lease agreement with your landlord on January 2004, that shows only 400 dollars a month rent, All is included in the rent. Then they just inform you today that beginning March 2004, you have to pay "Maintenace Fee" of 50 dollars a month. Will you, the tenant accept that??? I don't think so! That is because it has not mentioned in lease 2 months ago, and a year has not been passed yet. If you allowed Wynd to add $5.00 fee over your existing contract that didn't mention about this fee... I would bet on you that, Wynd committee would discuss in closed meeting, and they said, hey Customers don't mind at all, why not add more fees? :rl: NO WAY!!! This is not going to happen!
As matter of fact, Wynd has lost over 50% of their customers in the past 3 years, I can't image that Wynd didn't get this loud and clear message from customers!
I am now looking in T-mobile, Sprint, AT&T, etc wireless pager... Adios, Wynd! :madfawk:

Once again! HAIL Andrew's loud and clear message! :cheers:

Doggie

ideafspy said:
I used to work as agent or selling the pager. However, I learned a lot about those pagers that relate with deafwireless and wyndtell. You see, the deafwireless has no problem due their respond fast but only lacking is bill part and took care of that quickly.

The contract the paper can lead and confuse to everyone. The contract from what I read is made no sense from what they will tell you. Suppose, you get free pager with two years contract. If you decide to break the contract early with fee costs. They will force you to pay 129.00 plus the fee break contract. In previous that I am aware and becareful what you are changing your plans on pager's service. For example; my mistake that I just simple want add voice to text and the contract reset!?!?!? I learn my lesson and will not be their customer either deafwireless or wyndtell. I feel that owner have low abibilty function to understand the business world. What business world, the fellow the customer's happy and easy communicate.

I am glad that there are more service provide similar as RIM but sidekick had capitably to use coverage service and fast respond. Beside the T Mobile has 24 hours and Wyndtell made no sense of their customer hour. When they, Wynd and Deafwireless, become one business and their former hours was 8am to 11am thats it! 3 hours to answer the question but people live in different time zone who is working that time!

I think that Deafwireless and Wyndtell made no sense. I feel like whoever owe the business as wireless business for deaf customer. I rather to stick with hearing person ower because they are understanding what they are talking about from the contract. I do not care if Wynd read this message because that who they are! :nana:

The only different between "free" with two years contract and the cellular phone doesn't require you pay the cellular phone. Just the contract fee. Wynd force you to pay both! RIM and FEE CONTRACT! Its made no sense!

hey ALL i came across this E mail OMG i can't belive this shit this is being fwded to all but some of my addresses are in this AD too so im saving the e mail hell and just posting here:

This is about Wyndtell: stole customers' $$$ pls read and be warned:this's true!
==========================================================

RuscanskyFamily [10:02 PM]: Hi I am here now
LooneyJD17 [10:02 PM]: Hey let me get online
RuscanskyFamily [10:03 PM]: ok
LooneyJD17 signed off at 10:03 PM
LooneyJD17 signed on at 10:03 PM
LooneyJD17 [10:04 PM]: ok im here
RuscanskyFamily [10:04 PM]: ok
LooneyJD17 [10:04 PM]: glad you remebered
LooneyJD17 [10:04 PM]: heh
LooneyJD17 [10:04 PM]: ok... i mentioned that I had bad news..
LooneyJD17 [10:04 PM]: i was working overtime today
LooneyJD17 [10:04 PM]: dallas left this afternoon
LooneyJD17 [10:05 PM]: he had to go to the bank to find out if they sent the checks to wyndtell (we got the bill and stated we owe them over 400.00!!!) so the banker said we did make payments so they called wyndtell and guess what?? wyndtell DENIED that they received the payments!! the bank already proved that we did
LooneyJD17 [10:06 PM]: so they talked to their supervisor about it
LooneyJD17 [10:06 PM]: and guess what...
LooneyJD17 [10:06 PM]: we found out more....
LooneyJD17 [10:06 PM]: i couldnt believe this...
LooneyJD17 [10:07 PM]: they were STEALING our $$.... how??? ok.. I paid by using bank online and what they did was to charge our credit card too meaning we paid double all long for 2 years
LooneyJD17 [10:07 PM]: almost 2 yrs
RuscanskyFamily [10:07 PM]: what??? Wyndtell?
LooneyJD17 [10:07 PM]: YES!!!!!!!!!
LooneyJD17 [10:07 PM]: i was sooooooooooooooooooooooo pissed
LooneyJD17 [10:07 PM]: no wonder why my visa card was so high
LooneyJD17 [10:07 PM]: i couldnt udnerstand it
LooneyJD17 [10:08 PM]: and they charged it for 2 years secretly
RuscanskyFamily [10:08 PM]: and yet they tell ya u never pay them what the nerve they got!
LooneyJD17 [10:08 PM]: right
LooneyJD17 [10:08 PM]: so tomorrow....
RuscanskyFamily [10:08 PM]: u should report this to the police/detective, your credit card co. for fraud and sue Wyndtell
LooneyJD17 [10:08 PM]: will call visa to get all the statements
LooneyJD17 [10:08 PM]: and they have to pay us back they owe us for 2 YEARS!!!!
RuscanskyFamily [10:09 PM]: plus interest
LooneyJD17 [10:09 PM]: right!
RuscanskyFamily [10:09 PM]: geez can't beleive that!!! how can they do that? Did Wyndtell admitted?
LooneyJD17 [10:09 PM]: if wyndtell denies then were gonna sue
RuscanskyFamily [10:09 PM]: ok
LooneyJD17 [10:09 PM]: no
LooneyJD17 [10:09 PM]: they said they never got anything !!!
RuscanskyFamily [10:10 PM]: but how did u find out for sure what went on?
LooneyJD17 [10:10 PM]: my god
LooneyJD17 [10:10 PM]: the banker helped dallas a lot
LooneyJD17 [10:10 PM]: they were really pissed
LooneyJD17 [10:10 PM]: ok
LooneyJD17 [10:10 PM]: first... we got the statement of wyndtell that we owed the balance of 400 something
LooneyJD17 [10:10 PM]: i was like huh???
LooneyJD17 [10:10 PM]: i know we paid
LooneyJD17 [10:11 PM]: so.... dallas asked the banker to check if we did pay and they said we did
LooneyJD17 [10:11 PM]: they showed it on the computer
LooneyJD17 [10:11 PM]: sooo they called wyndtell and explained to them
LooneyJD17 [10:11 PM]: and they told them they never recieved!!
LooneyJD17 [10:11 PM]: my god
LooneyJD17 [10:11 PM]: I couldnt believe it!
LooneyJD17 [10:12 PM]: what a big rip off and cheater!
LooneyJD17 [10:12 PM]: im gonna make sure they pay us back!
RuscanskyFamily [10:12 PM]: but u also said they charged on ur credit card how did u find out? since they said u nevet paid
LooneyJD17 [10:13 PM]: ok... the first time we got the pagers, we used visa for the first time and told them that we would pay checks no more visa
LooneyJD17 [10:13 PM]: but then they kept our visa nbr
LooneyJD17 [10:13 PM]: and charged it ever since
RuscanskyFamily [10:13 PM]: didn't u notice that ur visa being charged each month by Wyndtell???
LooneyJD17 [10:13 PM]: plus i paid by using checks (E-bill) bank online
LooneyJD17 [10:13 PM]: no!
LooneyJD17 [10:13 PM]: i thougth that interest went up fast cuz we couldnt afford to pay so much and we had to pay little
LooneyJD17 [10:13 PM]: didnt realize it til today
LooneyJD17 [10:14 PM]: after what dallas found out at the bank
RuscanskyFamily [10:14 PM]: u never notice Wyndtell charging ur visa???
LooneyJD17 [10:14 PM]: no....
LooneyJD17 [10:14 PM]: never thought of it
RuscanskyFamily [10:14 PM]: I always check what being charged on my cards account always!!!
RuscanskyFamily [10:14 PM]: but since they got from visa how could they denied u never pay them?
LooneyJD17 [10:14 PM]: because we havent used visa in sooo long time
LooneyJD17 [10:15 PM]: they charge us on visa plus i pay online which means they got double
RuscanskyFamily [10:15 PM]: doens't matter u get the statment to pay the bill each month and should check what is or is not charged
RuscanskyFamily [10:15 PM]: yes how could they denied that?? and still said u owe them that much???
LooneyJD17 [10:15 PM]: i will collect all the statements and look at them
LooneyJD17 [10:15 PM]: right
RuscanskyFamily [10:15 PM]: ok do that
LooneyJD17 [10:15 PM]: i dont know why they denied
LooneyJD17 [10:16 PM]: i guess we busted and they denied
RuscanskyFamily [10:16 PM]: ok Jess I want ur permission to make copies of this and forward to friends who have Wyndtell to warn them off and check their billings etc.,
LooneyJD17 [10:16 PM]: ok
RuscanskyFamily [10:16 PM]: hld pls so I can copy this thanks

I never liked wyndtell, I knew it was a rip-off company.. they keep sending in the mail saying my hubby owe money for it but it was always the same price, no late fees or whatever, we knew they just want $$

:fu2: Wyndtell !

They should shut down.. I hope they do! :squint:

I hope that person gets the proof of statements showing what Wyndtell has done to her credit card and etc and sues them

ideafspy said:

Deafwireless is under wyndtell now, or merged, My hubby cancelled the contract (already expired past one year) as soon as he found out it was merging with Wyndtell. He never liked wyndtell at ALL.

Hello guys!
:wtf: Can you guys believe this??? I have contact BBB, their website is www.bbb.org if you want to file complaint against Wyndsuckertell corp. Of course, Wynd responded to me and BBB regard to my complaint of their intention on breaking my contract agreement by slapping extra fees. I don't give DAMN why they add $5.00 statement fees while I still have contract agreement with them. The contract is due to expire this coming june of 2004, and NONE of this bullshit $5.00 paper statement fees are included in the contract. Yes, Wynd send me message explain why such fees, they did point to AOL for doing same thing, HELL right, I don't give fuck about it because AOL don't do contractural business like Wynd does! They forgot that since AOL does not have any contract agreement in force, so therefore they can add if they wanted to. Anyway, BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!! I haven't respond to Wynd's message because they haven't answered my question about their intention of breaking contract agreement, they (Wynd) contacted BBB and told them problem is resolved and everything is fine! I couldn't believe that! Too bad, I am responding to BBB that it is not true, and that the problem has not yet solved, and now I wanted to rescind the contract agreement and the rescind date is the day that Wynd added the statement fees! I don't care anymore! Hey Wynd :madfawk:
In addition to exciting news for myself... Wynd has lost OVER 50% of their subscriber in the past 3 years! I found out that I am NOT ALONE with these problems!!!
Wynd's HISTORY, and I could BET that Wynd Corp will never see 2005!, because they borrowed 14 million dollars to save their ass, and where they could get money to pay back the debts, plus the services that Wynd has to pay along... with shrinking customer base????

Wynd Communications, Inc. :rl:

BTW, I have came to decision to do business with T-mobile. I have bought Blackberry 7230. GAWD! I couldn't believe how powerful e mail system they have to offer! They even offer powerful organizer and can work with MS outlook or Lotus! I just plug my handheld into my pc and all of the information on outlook system was exchanged in no time. Now I have all appointment, and addresses in my handheld, so won't forget my appointment! Yes, it has web access... so man! FAR better than WYNDSUCKER RIM 950! Even coverage is better! sigh! Monthly subscription fees are the same as Wynd with T-moble Blackberry plan!

Last edited:
WTF? They are charging us extra five dollars for paper statement *which is just a fucking bill* for having it mailed to us instead of using our credit card monthly. I was NEVER awared of this until I noticed extra five dollars. Did they tell you about it? I think this is outraged! I've switched to sidekick and my wyndtell is under my mom's name and of course she is fighting with them at this moment. Seesh!!

AquaMaiden, the 5 dollars fee suppose for people who is using money order or mail the check. If we gave our credit, check or debit card was not suppose to be charge 5 dollars. I ex-agent pager and suprise the Wynd has nothing news about this business. However, I agree one person say they, the wynd, has broken the contract about the 5 dollars fee. Oh well....

I just got a bill from Wyndtell this morning, they want money :roll: We cancelled our service with them before Deafwireless merged with Wyndtell.. what a rip-off

Back