Write letters to networks

ecp

Reaction score
I'm sick to death of mediocre captioning and programs that say they are captioned (in the info or at the beginning) but the captions aren't displayed.
Comedy Central has been really bad about this lately. I guess they think that Deaf people can't enjoy humor. And the captions for the Daily Show always suck. A drunken monkey could do a better job.

So, instead of just complaining I've begun writing letters to networks and companies that do the captioning.

Please join me in writing letters. Remind them about the ADA and access to media. Tell your friends (Deaf and hearing) to write letters. The more the better.

That would be a cool idea and one that can greatly improve the overall quality of how closed-captioning provide services. However, if you were able to provide links to whom can be written to, that would be a plus for AD'ers, for those who would be willing to submit a letter or two. ;)

~RR

ECP,that is a great idea. Will you be posting the addresses that we write to? You do the research for the addresses and we will write the letters.

Many thanks.

That would be a cool idea and one that can greatly improve the overall quality of how closed-captioning provide services. However, if you were able to provide links to whom can be written to, that would be a plus for AD'ers, for those who would be willing to submit a letter or two. ;)

~RR

**nodding agreement** As the old saying goes, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!"

yea if you would kindly post the address so I can write. I am so sick of tired some of the show does flashing the cc or missing cc or no cc at all. Thing havent been the same since back in the old day :(

I'm with you, and will write to the local news stations where captioning in rotton. Ha ha ha, I like what you say about "drunken monkeys."

American Movie Channel is also on my list, because sometimes the movies are captioned and sometimes not. AMC's "contact us" link is

AMC » Contact AMC

Any URLs others can post will be appreciated.

I'm with you, and will write to the local news stations where captioning in rotton. Ha ha ha, I like what you say about "drunken monkeys."

American Movie Channel is also on my list, because sometimes the movies are captioned and sometimes not. AMC's "contact us" link is

AMC » Contact AMC

Any URLs others can post will be appreciated.

I'll use that link now. Thanks, Chase!:ty:

I'll write to my local stations and E! as well. E! never has captions and it drives me nuts! Nickelodeon has captions but they are delayed really badly too!

At one time I wrote a letter to ABC.com and complaint that some of the show like wife swap, supernanny and extreme home makeover have cc but it flashed too fast and i missed what it says. They was telling me that it was from the cable company. OH brother!!! They are too lazy to help to fix the problem.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been out of town.
Here is a link for Comedy Central- Comedy Central:

Usually at the beginning and end of a program there is a little blurb that says who is paying for the captions.

Info from NAD- Television - National Association of the Deaf

Also, I'm writing to companies who produce DVDs to remind them that subtitles are not the same as captions. see-http://joeclark.org/access/captioning/Neves/

But to find to whom I should write I usually just google the network and email the "contact us" thing.
Also, writing to politicians could work.

wow, thats an awesome idea, the Nationa Association of the Deaf shoud do like other organizations and set up an emial system where all you have to do is type in your email and name and the lettter is pre-written, liket the American Family Association, maybe I should email them too....never give up.......God Bless

wow, thats an awesome idea, the Nationa Association of the Deaf shoud do like other organizations and set up an emial system where all you have to do is type in your email and name and the lettter is pre-written, liket the American Family Association, maybe I should email them too....never give up.......God Bless

If you will check their website, and click on the link for advocacy, they already have such a system set up to respond to all sorts of issues affecting the deaf community. I have sent numerous emails to my state senators and govenor using the system. (The NAD, I mean). Its the "Take Action" feature.

Back