wow! mci ip-relay operators posting relay transcripts on the internet

RO rules-- gee don't know

I'm not a RO so I don't know if they can call the police. Maybe police don't care. I don't think the police would come out for hearing - on the other hand, oprs. don't take numbers from hearing or do anything with their calls. If there is a RO around I would like to know. I have heard they have the problem but don't know any oprs. to ask what they do about kids and others who abuse relay.

Good questions.

I'm not a RO so I don't know if they can call the police. Maybe police don't care. I don't think the police would come out for hearing - on the other hand, oprs. don't take numbers from hearing or do anything with their calls. If there is a RO around I would like to know. I have heard they have the problem but don't know any oprs. to ask what they do about kids and others who abuse relay.

Good questions.

We don't get any info at ALL about the user. So, no, we can't do anything about the prank callers. But let me tell you, there are a LOT of prank callers! All over YouTube people are posting videos of kids playing pranks using relay! It's awful!
I work night shift, so I get a LOT of prank calls, kids calling using relay to their own phones and then putting us on speaker phone (letting the whole room hear the telephone conversation) and making the operators say nasty dirty humiliating things! :pissed::pissed:

I feel bad that you have to put up with this. I guess we have to monitor our kids better. I wonder if hearing kids do this. I saw some of those videos also saw some deaf thought them funny. Really I don't.

I guess best D/d can do is tell people about this. I would hate to have my call delayed cause some jerk was playing games. I also don't like idea of anybody being humiliated. I would feel like that if I was RO.

So you oprs don't have caller ID at work? I know some places deaf and others can put in preferences. How do you know who may want what? Maybe I'm wrong.

Well sometimes deaf users can prank, we can't really tell or discriminate and determine who is a real deaf person and who isnt...otherwise that eliminates your freedom to say what you want or do what you want on relay.

Back