wow, a vintage Jeep Cherokee by me!!

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
This one is only 10 minutes from me. I wish it was up for sale, but it is not. Just wanted to share love of vintage Jeep with you :).

I think this is a 1979 truck. Enjoy the pictures :).

Attachments

• 2012-04-30 16.17.35.jpg
    2012-04-30 16.17.35.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 2012-04-30 16.17.43.jpg
    2012-04-30 16.17.43.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 25
Nice!!! Those things were built like tanks, would last forever if they didn't rust so easily.

If you like vintage Jeeps, check out this website Got FCs Dan is a good friend of mine and I have worked on several of his FC Jeeps.

Nice!!! Those things were built like tanks, would last forever if they didn't rust so easily.

My Grandpa had a brown 1979 Cherokee that was gulfed by rust in early 1990s. Being on farm in Arkansas would do that to any rust prone rigs. Was nice while it lasted......

If you like vintage Jeeps, check out this website Got FCs Dan is a good friend of mine and I have worked on several of his FC Jeeps.

I'm not very into FC trucks. I used to frequent IFSJA.org, but not much those days.

Yeah, just like any classics, FCs are cool in their own way, but I'm more into Wagoneers/Cherokees.

A great link to look through. Love to see old rigs pictures :).

Im little confused, I thought you require Turbos, these Jeeps don't have turbos. I know cause I own Jeep Cherokee and still have it running. Hey no Turbo in my Jeep. Only in my Ford.

Im little confused, I thought you require Turbos, these Jeeps don't have turbos. I know cause I own Jeep Cherokee and still have it running. Hey no Turbo in my Jeep. Only in my Ford.

I'm fine without turbos in Jeeps :). This is one rig that is better without turbo.

You can check a couple of ways what year the vehicle was made. Check the registration sticker on the vehicle. That is first thing you can see clearly. If not, go to the back of the vehicle and check the brake tail lights. You may can not see it clearly but it is there. You can barely read what it says. If not, get a pencil (not pen) and paper and rub on it and you will see the year. Most of the time, it is a VIN (Vehicle Id. Number) and you can check online for decoding what it means. There is a code for that (year, automobile maker, model number, and/or producing number). Rarely concept vehicles have them!

With Jeep Cherokees, the grille you see in picture was available in 1979-1980. 1979 was quadra trac. 1980 was not. Granted, someone may put a 1979 grille on a 1983 Cherokee. I don't think this one was modified in anyway. It looks original.

As for tail light, I wonder when they stopped putting year of manufacture on light?

Speaking of FCs, my Dad had one(150) with a snow blade up front as our farm driveway was quite long. Dad also cleaned the neighbors driveways right after snowstorms. That was a great rig.

Oh true, with 4.0L Straight 6 don't even need turbo, it got too much power already. And too much power isn't really enough. LOL

Lol, I had 2 4.0 Cherokees and 1 4.0 Wagoneer. No more XJ Jeeps for me. They were fun to drive especially since one of them was manual. I enjoyed manual back then. Not any more.

This one is only 10 minutes from me. I wish it was up for sale, but it is not. Just wanted to share love of vintage Jeep with you :).

I think this is a 1979 truck. Enjoy the pictures :).

It looks like the Jeep is not being used as the tire are flat. Maybe you could made an offer for it and see what happen.

It looks like the Jeep is not being used as the tire are flat. Maybe you could made an offer for it and see what happen.

THat is possible. I'm pretty sure if it was for sale, they would put a "For Sale" sign on it. I would assume the owner is just letting it park and waiting until money allow it. YOu know, maybe for time to work on it.

That's sweet! I always liked the Wagoneer for some stupid reason. I keep hoping they'll make a diesel Jeep. I see signs on many old cars around here "NOT For Sale".

I used to want to be cool. I thought if I had manual, I would show off and pick up women. I'm 35 years old and more down to earth now.

Yeah, XJ Jeeps are cool and I enjoy seeing them on the road. I love their old fashioned styles, but XJ Jeeps no longer fit my lifestyle and goals for the future.

That's sweet! I always liked the Wagoneer for some stupid reason. I keep hoping they'll make a diesel Jeep. I see signs on many old cars around here "NOT For Sale".

Wow!!! I never see sign "NOT for sale" in Illinois, Indiana, or Michigan. They must have had many people knocking on door asking, "Hey, what is up with this car?". I guess they get tired so they put up "NOT for sale" on it.

Back