wouldn't it be cool....??

ear buds won't work with the freedom because of where the microphone is situated.

okay got it. I wear AB and it has a T-mic that goes down to the opening of the ear. For the first time I don't have to hear "behind me" like with a hearing aid.

okay got it. I wear AB and it has a T-mic that goes down to the opening of the ear. For the first time I don't have to hear "behind me" like with a hearing aid.

nice! i know alot of ab recipients who love the t-mic for that very reason. :)

When I had the headphones that my dad got for me for a CD-Player before, I had my CI and HA, it squished my HA and CI against my head and kind of hurted me.

When I had the headphones that my dad got for me for a CD-Player before, I had my CI and HA, it squished my HA and CI against my head and kind of hurted me.

were they the large over-the-ear type? when i use the latter, i don't experience any pain when wearing them because they fit completely over my ci's and don't cause pressure. if i use lighter headphones, they tend to slide off of my ears.

were they the large over-the-ear type? when i use the latter, i don't experience any pain when wearing them because they fit completely over my ci's and don't cause pressure. if i use lighter headphones, they tend to slide off of my ears.

hmm..can you post a picture of that on here?? I don't think its the kind of headphones that you're talking about on what my mind is thinking about. I was talking about the old headphones that hearing people used to wear for CD-Players.

hmm..can you post a picture of that on here?? I don't think its the kind of headphones that you're talking about on what my mind is thinking about. I was talking about the old headphones that hearing people used to wear for CD-Players.

i know what kind of headphones you're referring to, but those aren't the ones i'm talking about. i'll see if i can find a website which has the headphones i mentioned later today.

coolgirl,

here's an example of the larger headphones i was talking about:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E]Amazon.com: Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone: Electronics[/ame]

they are expensive, but definitely worth the price. i've had my headphones for the past 7 years and they're still working perfectly.

coolgirl,

here's an example of the larger headphones i was talking about:

Amazon.com: Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone: Electronics

they are expensive, but definitely worth the price. i've had my headphones for the past 7 years and they're still working perfectly.

wowww...96 dollars.. So that's what you're talking about. :D my badd..

I think my older cousin Tyler has a pair of those. So maybe i'll ask him if i could borrow it. I don't think he ever used it at all. It looks similar to his..so.

I showed my dad the hooks that connects to the t-coil, he was totally interested in this. Too bad radio shack doesn't have any of the special plugs for CI. :cool2:

wowww...96 dollars.. So that's what you're talking about. :D my badd..

I think my older cousin Tyler has a pair of those. So maybe i'll ask him if i could borrow it. I don't think he ever used it at all. It looks similar to his..so.

I showed my dad the hooks that connects to the t-coil, he was totally interested in this. Too bad radio shack doesn't have any of the special plugs for CI. :cool2:

i know radio shack does have a mono to stereo adaptor for ci's. i just don't know the model number. an ad member who used to post here from time to time told me about it, but unfortunately, i no longer have her pm.

coolgirl,

if you go to radio shack, you can purchase the same type of headphones in the link above for $30-$60. they obviously won't have a name brand, but they will be the same product and less expensive.

i know radio shack does have a mono to stereo adaptor for ci's. i just don't know the model number. an ad member who used to post here from time to time told me about it, but unfortunately, i no longer have her pm.

oh well. People move on sometimes. I used to go to radio shack for hearing aid batteries.
But i never really looked at the headphones over there at radio shack.. I wonder if walmart or target has something that might work for CI and HAs..:hmm:

coolgirl,

if you go to radio shack, you can purchase the same type of headphones in the link above for $30-$60. they obviously won't have a name brand, but they will be the same product and less expensive.

Oohhh okay. I send a link to my dad at his work email. So..Thanks for the heads up!!:D

Oohhh okay. I send a link to my dad at his work email. So..Thanks for the heads up!!:D

you're welcome! :) by the way, some radio shack headphones are quite good -- especially if you pay around $50 for them. i forgot that i have a pair of radio shack headphones that i've had for 10 years.

The trick with places like Radio Shack is to find the salesperson that actually knows the products. As with most retail stores, that is not always easy. My Radio Shack has employees that know the basics and the most popular items (cellphones, etc.) but there are one or two that really know their stuff with all the products. Those are the ones to look/ask for. When I got my last ha I went to there looking for adapters for my TV and for my ipod that I could use with my DAI device. All I had to do was explain and show him the cable I did have..he took care of the rest. You may have to visit more than once to find that "expert" but it is worth an extra trip to get it right.

unfortunately, there is no cable to show anyone. the adaptor that is used with a ci is connected to it directly.

Would be interested to see what's Radio shack thing is ;-)

Happy to learn new things....
Radio Shack is a retail store that started out selling mainly electrical equipment for "do it yourselfers". Radio buffs and computer geeks. That was way back in the late 60's, early 70's. Since then, they have branched out into anything electronic..audio cables and jacks, telephones and their jacks and plugs, TV antennas, cellphones, remote controls, etc. but still have their old core of products too.

Back