would you---

FeistyChick

Reaction score
get an apt with the owner living in the same building???? :hmm:

we are hunting for an apt... we prefer walk ups/flats... instead of medium/high rises...

please let me know asap....

thanks! :ty:

I'd say yes, but it's mainly because I have issues with being entirely left on my own.
I plan to move into an apartment over my friend's grandmothers garage, which is fine with me since I know them and won't be getting any special treatment (besides the occasional finnish pancakes :giggle: )
Basically, I would, but if you don't particularly like the idea that the owner could just waltz into your apartment while you're not there(which can happen), I wouldn't.

It would be depend on the owner. Some owners do live on the property, some don't. I went thru both and didn't have any problem.

Have a happy apartment hunting! :)

If you're referring to he landlord, it would depend on what you do.

If you're the type of person who is noisy (parties, sex, screaming, fighting, etc), you're probably better off getting an apartment further away.

I have a few friends who used to live in townhouses next to or a few spaces away from the townhouse that the landlord lived in. One of my friend had a history of hosting too many noisy parties that he was banned from living in that apartment complex again. So, he came back and lived with a different friend instead. However, since the place he was staying at was next to where the landlord was staying at... the landlord saw his truck there every day and figured that he was "living" there. So, my friend got caught and kicked out again.

Do you mean " share house " with rental rooms the landlord rents ?

Not me I sure dont want to be noisy by the landlord.

But at least I am not living in an apt and looking for a house. Waiting to hear from my agency about the house that I made an offer. I wont know til Monday afternoon. Cross your finger

I like it better when the landlord is right there... makes it easier to give rent to the landlord.. I've had one that would just show up whenever and another one required the rent be sent by mail! WTF! No way!

If you're referring to he landlord, it would depend on what you do.

If you're the type of person who is noisy (parties, sex, screaming, fighting, etc), you're probably better off getting an apartment further away.

I have a few friends who used to live in townhouses next to or a few spaces away from the townhouse that the landlord lived in. One of my friend had a history of hosting too many noisy parties that he was banned from living in that apartment complex again. So, he came back and lived with a different friend instead. However, since the place he was staying at was next to where the landlord was staying at... the landlord saw his truck there every day and figured that he was "living" there. So, my friend got caught and kicked out again.

that's interesting I never thought of it til now :roll: now I have to keep that in mind if I ever want to deal with landlord stuff or whatever.. ;)

I like it better when the landlord is right there... makes it easier to give rent to the landlord.. I've had one that would just show up whenever and another one required the rent be sent by mail! WTF! No way!
If it was a house, yes.

If it was an apartment, then they usually expect you to pay at the office.

its fine as long that owner dont live with you !!! :):)

I always have alot of people coming over just to hang out and stuff and I used to feel like I would get in trouble for it. If you're a party goer or like having people over all the time.. its probably best to be away from the landlord. If you're quiet and don't have many companies.. then it would be good for ya.

Well, depend on different rules where landlords have... Check their rules first until agreement then fix agreement contract before move in.

Ihave in thepast, but I wouldn't do it again. Maybe it was just my landloard, but I felt like my father was constantly looking over my shoulder! This guy was just way too nosy!

Back