Would you??

Would you date someone long distance

• Yes, It's love distance doesn't matter.

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • No, It's not worth the trouble.

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

Lil_country_gal

Reaction score
Ok this girl in gerogia is madley in love with me and i like her to and i'm kinda worried about the long distance thing but she says she would drive here lots to see me and she doesn't care because she loves me so much would you try a long distance relationship? would it be worth it to you or is this somthing i need to chose on my own?

Ive had several long distance relationships..one lasted 4 years, another one lasted 3 years and the one I am in is still going strong. We plan to marry this coming July. I have not seen my beloved one since mid of January so it is rough but worth every minute of agony.

Long distance is a barrier yes but it takes two commited people to make it work.

Key ingredients to make it work are: Flexibility, patience, sense of humor and commitment.

It will require strength, not to say the least so if you have all of the above mentioned ingredients, you and your gal can make it work :)

Gemtun said:
Ive had several long distance relationships..one lasted 4 years, another one lasted 3 years and the one I am in is still going strong. We plan to marry this coming July. I have not seen my beloved one since mid of January so it is rough but worth every minute of agony.

Long distance is a barrier yes but it takes two commited people to make it work.

Key ingredients to make it work are: Flexibility, patience, sense of humor and commitment.

It will require strength, not to say the least so if you have all of the above mentioned ingredients, you and your gal can make it work :)

Thanks i think it just might be worth it lol it also helps my cause she's hot lol gotta love her thanks gemtun if you can do i bet i can.

Lil_country_gal said:
Thanks i think it just might be worth it lol it also helps my cause she's hot lol gotta love her thanks gemtun if you can do i bet i can.

Use webcam or VP - it will help too :)

Enjoy your new hot babe :D

I agreed with Getumn.

I dated with Sequoias during he and Im in long distance right now, Im living with him.

Take your time with your girl, seeing her on the VP or webcam, talk to her until she and you are ready to meet in person then go ahead

I wish you good luck! :thumb:

Gemtun said:

gemtun is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! we both have been through a lot with men! :ugh: i am in a LD relationship myself too... it is NOT EASY... but we are very committed to each other... and like she mentioned in the above that i underlined... COMMUNICATION IS ALSO IMPORTANT TOO! >>> WE TALK DAILY... i visit him every month.... and my stays are longer each time i visit him... it will be one year next month... it hasn't SUNK IN yet! as a matter of fact.. i am moving in with him... this LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP IS WORTHWHILE after many failed relationships... i am very happy with him- HE IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME... and marriage is also in the works for us as well! :thumb:

my mom says i hit a "jackpot"... she is right! this LD relationship was worth it afterall- thanks to katzie and meg! :grouphug: otherwise i would have never met him... cuz i was at the point where i didn't want to be bothered with the distance anymore but i gave this one a shot! :)

SO GO FOR IT SINCE YOU GOT NOTHING TO LOSE! :)

I've been in several long distance relationships... they don't last. Only ONE woman I got involved with long distance ever met me in person. I try not to do them anymore. I'm getting too damn old to waste my time anymore.

People come up with a lot of ways long-distance relationships can work (frequent visits, communication, etc). In reality, all those things will help keep a LDR going- for a limited amount of time. In order for it to really succeed, there would have to be some compromise on one person's end, meaning someone would have to move. A relationship between two people living a thousand miles apart can't really be expected to continue forever.

I've done the long-distance thing before, but I don't think I'd do it again unless I knew it was temporary and one of us would be moving. I like having someone around, not 1,000 miles away.

Good for you FeistyChick! :thumb:

I wouldn't go through L.D. relationship with anyone because of my bad experience. He wasn't exactly who I thought he was after meeting him. All the wonderful things he said were too good to be true and sure enough it was all full of b.s. My male friend warned me about him that he and other women were having steaming conversations behind my back. Eventually I found out to be true and thanked my male friend. Another thing is, I wouldn't let anybody talk to me into moving out of state. This L.D. relationship still haunts me. Because of him I went back to my college boyfriend who is now my husband. :)

my vote is Yes, It's love distance doesn't matter.

because my boyfriend lives in MS and im lived in Arkansas no matter for me to chat him on e-mail and chat everyday but i love him lots!

when i met my boyfriend last January and he really nice guys and he really shy person and he and me been starting dating for 5 months.

but i can wait get married to my boyfriend but im patient person and i told him on e-mail about my dating dinner with him on my birthday on May and he cant come but i would understood because he had work.

Long-distance relationships demand work. I personally am not a fan of them because I like touching and being touched too much all the time. :D

Hey yea i'm actually having huge problems because her friends and parents don't want her dateing me. they would rather have a very unhappy straight daughter than a happy bi daughter and friend it makes me so mad I barley get to talk to her because her friends won't let her.

Lil_country_gal said:
Hey yea i'm actually having huge problems because her friends and parents don't want her dateing me. they would rather have a very unhappy straight daughter than a happy bi daughter and friend it makes me so mad I barley get to talk to her because her friends won't let her.

I just don't understand this. Nearly every deaf girl in my school is a lesbian, but it's hard as hell to find a hearing lesbian. Is deaf girls wired to be a lesbian or a bi, on the one hand you'll send a guy to heaven, but on the other hand you can send him straight to hell.

its dont matter how far ur lover live. u hav to care with ur feeling if u luv them so much, my best m8 love gal far away like 100 miles but they dont care. they together for 6 months :D

if girlfriend is rich and live far.. i am cool with it, since she would spoil me. :D

I voted for yes..I dont see any problems with long distance relationship as long there is communication, trust and love..;)

thewinterknight said:
I just don't understand this. Nearly every deaf girl in my school is a lesbian, but it's hard as hell to find a hearing lesbian. Is deaf girls wired to be a lesbian or a bi, on the one hand you'll send a guy to heaven, but on the other hand you can send him straight to hell.

heck it goes for the guys too! its either good looking deaf guys are gay or taken

:hyper:

Back