Would You Welcome?

yes this is a very special time of the year. all around the world on march 26th after sundown, people will assemble at the various congregations, which speak their language; they will meditate, appreciate and honor Jesus Christ. There will be a Bible based discussion on how we can all benefit from his life, his ministry and his death. last year there were over 19 million people world wide who attended the Memorial. there are a little less tan 8 million Jehovah's Witnesses. there is definitely interest in showing honor on this most important event. it is the only event that the Bible commands us to comemorate annualy. so please consider this your personal invitation to come. If you are having trouble locating a Kingdom Hall in your area, please let me know and I will be happy to help you.
A memorial? For Jesus Christ? Only dead people need memorials. Jesus Christ is alive! That's why Christians celebrate Resurrection Sunday (Easter). We don't hold memorials but celebrations of life.

"I hear ya knockin'.....but ya can't come in"!...:laugh2:...

take a load on ur azzes....ya ain't got no friends....

If you or a member of your family were in a hospital, nursing home or rehab center, would you appreciate a visit from another Deaf person? This person would share an encouraging message and a real hope for us from the Bible.
Please let me know your thoughts on this important topic and the reasons for your answer, please. I would appreciate some honest feedback.:ty:

I do believe such a provocation would cause me to rise, like Lazarus, from my hospital bed to kick that missionary in the butt right out of the room, with a few choice curse words.

May I ask if you object to this, my visit because I am a Jehovah's Witness?

No! Because you're butting in where you don't belong! Haven't you heard of respect for people, especially on their deathbed?

Christ Jesus is alive

The memorial is an obzsrvance of all he sacrificed on our behalf. We show appreciation for those sacrifices.
I am so very sorry that you all don't delight in talking about God and Jesus life and ministry. I am not at all surprised. If you all remember no one listened to Noah either.

The memorial is an obzsrvance of all he sacrificed on our behalf. We show appreciation for those sacrifices.
I am so very sorry that you all don't delight in talking about God and Jesus life and ministry. I am not at all surprised. If you all remember no one listened to Noah either.

Ok, think about this.

Assume I'm dying in a hospital bed.

I'm trying to keep things positive to show a good example to my family and friends.

If I want to talk about God and everything in the Universe, I'll talk to them about it.

If you or some other missionary (doesn't matter what faith background they are) barges into my room and starts talking about their views, it's like you're taking my last moments of life from me. Those are my final minutes to conduct as I wish. Not as you wish.

You don't get to take that from me. I will give that time to my family and friends.

The problem with religious (or political) ideologues with stars in their eyes, is that they honestly believe there is no other permutation but theirs. They believe this so strongly, yet they have no evidence of their rightness, except by the numbers of people who accept what they believe in 100%. Every person who doesn't believe 100% in what the purists (that's you) believe is a nagging reminder that maybe they, the purists (that's you), haven't got the picture totally right.

Ideologues don't want to deal with self-introspection and self-doubt like that, so they go overboard trying to convert everybody to their religion or politics. They insist they are absolutely 100% right about everything.

(Instead of trying to prove yourself right, try to prove that perhaps 1% of something you believe is wrong. Because one certainty is that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is wrong about something. So why not find out what parts of your beliefs about religion, the world, yourself, people, etc is wrong? It's better to be far more humble about the "rightness" of what you believe because everybody, including you, is wrong about something in life.)

Barging into people's hospital rooms pushing your views on them is not humbleness, it is arrogance of the first order. It is disgusting. If you can't see that, you need to spend some time alone away from your Kingdom Hall friends for a while, and talk to a greater variety of people, seeing and accepting them for who they are, instead of who you want them to be.

And if you still can't understand why what you're proposing is so wrong... there's just no getting through to you.

:wave:

This actually happened to me when I was ill. I would like to know how they find out when someone goes deaf. Really pissed me off that someone would intrude upon me and my family when times were so difficult.

This actually happened to me when I was ill. I would like to know how they find out when someone goes deaf. Really pissed me off that someone would intrude upon me and my family when times were so difficult.

The reality is that JWs work everywhere in every profession. (And nothing wrong with that, people need to earn a living and feed their families.) My guess is there's a JW nurse or some other employee in the hospital gathering this information. Or even people hanging around in the public areas of the hospital listening to conversations or watching people for information.

Same goes for any other profession that puts people in a position to gather that kind of information about people.

You judge amiss.

You totally overlooked what I posted about celebrating the resurrection of Jesus. I not only appreciate the sacrifice that Jesus made for all mankind. I personally accepted His sacrifice as full atonement for my sins. There is my joy and gratitude. If you truly loved Jesus you would also rejoice in His resurrection rather than stopping with His death.

I certainly do delight in talking about God and Jesus but we are not permitted to go far into that topic at AD. Those are the rules.

I hope you aren't comparing yourself to Noah.

The reality is that JWs work everywhere in every profession. (And nothing wrong with that, people need to earn a living and feed their families.) My guess is there's a JW nurse or some other employee in the hospital gathering this information. Or even people hanging around in the public areas of the hospital listening to conversations or watching people for information.

Same goes for any other profession that puts people in a position to gather that kind of information about people.
Working in every profession is fine with me. Ignoring the ethics of the profession, I'm not fine with.

My personal belief is that if one has a message that should be shared with someone who will receive it, God will make a way for that to happen without resorting to unethical or illegal or unloving means. God doesn't need to be sneaky, and neither do His servants.

It's one thing to go door to door or talk to random people on a street about Jesus but another to intrude on a private moment especially if you're dying.

Think about it this way, how would you feel if you were told you got 3 days to live and then a funeral salesman comes by your hospital room and asks if you're interested in deals. It's like come on, leave me alone!

Back