Would You Welcome?

marylou4

Reaction score
If you or a member of your family were in a hospital, nursing home or rehab center, would you appreciate a visit from another Deaf person? This person would share an encouraging message and a real hope for us from the Bible.
Please let me know your thoughts on this important topic and the reasons for your answer, please. I would appreciate some honest feedback.:ty:

You mean do I want a visit from a missionary I don't know?

No thanks. I have my own beliefs and I would not want people trying to convert me to theirs when I was very ill or dying.

You mean do I want a visit from a missionary I don't know?

No thanks. I have my own beliefs and I would not want people trying to convert me to theirs when I was very ill or dying.

Ditto...it happened to me once and was so very annoying!

Would I appreciate a visitor, yes. Would I appreciate a visitor with their own agenda, no.

OH...MY... GOD!!!

really.... why are the Jehovah's witness out in full force right now? Some sort of a campaign they do every year? I just had one come up to my house yesterday and I was on the way out. I paused for a moment not to be rude since my daughter was with me and I looked at the flyer and saw it was for Jehovah's witness. sigh!!!! BTW - one of the guys knew sign and was signing to me .They showed me a flyer and I told them OH! your religion? not interested. As they were leaving - I saw they did not stop at any other houses and proceeded to leave. HOW IN THE HECK did they get my address? This really ticks me off.

ATTENTION all Jehovah's witnesses - Look - I have my own religion and you do not need to preach onto me yours.

We just had them at our door also. They left a flyer in the door , and it was an invitation to their services .

It seemed to be coinciding with the Christian Easter.

yes this is a very special time of the year. all around the world on march 26th after sundown, people will assemble at the various congregations, which speak their language; they will meditate, appreciate and honor Jesus Christ. There will be a Bible based discussion on how we can all benefit from his life, his ministry and his death. last year there were over 19 million people world wide who attended the Memorial. there are a little less tan 8 million Jehovah's Witnesses. there is definitely interest in showing honor on this most important event. it is the only event that the Bible commands us to comemorate annualy. so please consider this your personal invitation to come. If you are having trouble locating a Kingdom Hall in your area, please let me know and I will be happy to help you.

I made it very clear to my daughter and son- in-law if I am at my death bed or really sick in a hospital I DO NOT anyone near me with a bible! And I do not care if they deaf, hoh or hearing , I just want them to stay the HELL away from me! Is that honest enough for you??

And I thought threads about religion was not allowed on AllDeaf

Not everyone is interested in becoming religious and I am one of them.

No, I wouldnt want someone trying to push their religious beliefs on me while I am on my deathbed. I just want my family and my Deaf community around me.

yes this is a very special time of the year. all around the world on march 26th after sundown, people will assemble at the various congregations, which speak their language; they will meditate, appreciate and honor Jesus Christ. There will be a Bible based discussion on how we can all benefit from his life, his ministry and his death. last year there were over 19 million people world wide who attended the Memorial. there are a little less tan 8 million Jehovah's Witnesses. there is definitely interest in showing honor on this most important event. it is the only event that the Bible commands us to comemorate annualy. so please consider this your personal invitation to come. If you are having trouble locating a Kingdom Hall in your area, please let me know and I will be happy to help you.

Do you know really pissed me off about Jehovah's Witnesses? They think they have the rights to trespass onto people properties , I mean walk right into my condo hallway and knock on my door any time of the day! I know a guy that got lost and he pulled into a Jehovah's Witnesses church driveway to call his friend on his cell phone to get direction . The guy was in the driveway less than a minute and he was told that he was trespassing!!
Talk about double standard!!

We just had them at our door also. They left a flyer in the door , and it was an invitation to their services .

It seemed to be coinciding with the Christian Easter.

I do not have Jehovah's Witnesses coming to my condo any more. The last time they where I told them they where trepassing and I would call the cops if they came again. The guy I wrote getting lost was doing work on my house
when this happen and he told what happen to him. Needless to say he loved what I said. I was born a Jewish baby and I am going to dies as a Jewish woman !

last year - I was able to answer the door in my B'day suit and wanted to invite them in. They left soooo fast .:giggle::D I wish I knew they were coming yesterday.

last year - I was able to answer the door in my B'day suit and wanted to invite them in. They left soooo fast .:giggle::D I wish I knew they were coming yesterday.

Bad Boy!.....whatcha' gonna do...when them Jevohooooo's come after youuuuuu?

May I ask if you object to this, my visit because I am a Jehovah's Witness?
I would like to know how you gained entrance to the deaf patient's room, especially with patient privacy rules in effect. No one on the hospital staff is supposed to give out patient information.

BTW, I was an interpreter present when a pair of Witnesses came into a deaf person's hospital room uninvited. I've seen with my own eyes what goes on.

I've also had Witnesses come to my front door mistakenly expecting a deaf person to answer. They outright lied to me about how they got my address.

OH...MY... GOD!!!

really.... why are the Jehovah's witness out in full force right now? Some sort of a campaign they do every year?
Interesting you should bring it up. Here's the text of an email posted via our HOA's forum yesterday:

"We're extremely tolerant of people from diverse backgrounds, and I appreciate people who are so enthusiastic about sharing the Good News of their religious beliefs.I certainly don't want to offend anyone, But it's beginning to become a little tedious when members of the Jehovah's Witnesses congregation are knocking on our door more than three times a month at all hours. Do our homeowner association rules exempt religious groups from soliciting? If not, I hope the Board will contact the local Kingdom Hall; they may not realize we have restrictions."

I just had one come up to my house yesterday and I was on the way out. I paused for a moment not to be rude since my daughter was with me and I looked at the flyer and saw it was for Jehovah's witness. sigh!!!! BTW - one of the guys knew sign and was signing to me .They showed me a flyer and I told them OH! your religion? not interested. As they were leaving - I saw they did not stop at any other houses and proceeded to leave. HOW IN THE HECK did they get my address? This really ticks me off.
That's what I would like to know, especially the ones who "visit" hospital patients.

Just a thought about the timing.

Easter is coming up.

I told my boys....if one comes to our door...give 'em the ol'..."heave-ho"!...If one comes into my hospital room....ring for the nurse and have Security throw them out....

Back