Would you sterilize your teenage daughter?

Risk my Daughter's chance to have a child when she is ready? Risk me from having Grandchildren in the future. Not a Chance.

I have to agree with the posts above.

Yep, I totally agree with you. I would not do that to my daughter. No chance in the world I would do that to her. No matter what happens to my child and what mistakes she makes, I will love her no matter what.

Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome Support

I also like to mention this.. thats what i am having plms as i did have tubal ligation. now I have Post Tubal Ligation syndrome due to abnormal bleeding and pains on right side etc.. hence why i am going to have hystercomy in 2 weeks.

So think of this..... do you want your young girls to go thru this EARLY menopause?? NO... this is bad IDEA! really...

reverse of the steriliziation may be hard and may have to get parts from leg and put tube back together? and risk getting scar tissues? small chances of getting preggy.

I had tubal ligation in 2003. mine was cut and burned.. then seared.. so its more like a permanent solution .. which mean FOREVER. cant get preggy ever again..

i think the doctor wasnt clear to all women what tubal ligation really is...

thats why women need to research what it really is... before you make a big decision to have a procedure done. tubal ligation is a PERMAMENT solution.

Tubal ligation Information on Healthline

Definition

Tubal ligation is surgery to close a woman's fallopian tubes, the tubes that connect the ovaries to the uterus. The procedure is commonly known as "tying the tubes."
Normally, a woman's fallopian tubes moves eggs from the ovary to the uterus about once a month. If a man's sperm meets up with an egg, pregnancy can result. If the tubes are closed, or "tied," sperm cannot fertilize an egg, and pregnancy will not occur.
Tubal ligation makes a woman permanently sterile (unable to get pregnant).

clear.gif
</IMG>
Alternative Names

Sterilization surgery - female; Tubal sterilization; Tube tying; Tying the tubes
clear.gif
</IMG>
Description

Tubal ligation is done in the hospital or outpatient clinic while you are under anesthesia. The surgeon will make one or two small cuts in your belly area, usually around the belly button. A laparoscope, a narrow tube with a camera on the end, is inserted into the pelvic area. Instruments to tie the tubes are sent thru the laparoscope. The tubes are either burned shut (cauterized) or shut off with a small clip.
The wounds are closed, and you are usually able to return home after a few hours.
Tubal ligation can also be done immediately after vaginal childbirth through a small cut near the belly button, or during a cesarean section.

clear.gif
</IMG>
Indications

Tubal ligation may be recommended for adult women who are certain that they do not want to get pregnant in the future.
While sterilization is very popular, some women who choose to have the procedure regret their decision later. The younger the woman, the more likely it is that she will regret having her tubes tied.
Tubal ligation is considered a permanent form of birth control. It is NOT recommended as a temporary or reversible procedure. However, the operation can sometimes be reversed if a woman later chooses to become pregnant. But, this requires a major surgical procedure. About 50 - 80% of women who have tubal ligation reversed eventually become pregnant.

clear.gif
</IMG>
Risks

Risks for tubal ligation include:
  • Incomplete closure of the tubes, which could result in woman getting pregnant in the future -- approximately 1 out of 200 women who have had tubal ligation get pregnant later
  • Increased risk of an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy if pregnancy occurs after a tubal ligation
  • Injury to nearby organs or structures caused by surgical instruments
Risks due to anesthesia include:
Risks of any surgery include:
  • Bleeding
  • Infection
clear.gif
</IMG>
Expectations after surgery

Most women recover with no problems. There are no tests required to check for sterility (to make sure the procedure will prevent pregnancy in the future).

clear.gif
</IMG>
Convalescence

Most women are told to avoid strenuous exercise for several days. Pain medicine usually helps relieve discomfort. Most women are able to return to work within a few days. You may have sexual intercourse as soon as you feel ready, usually within a week.

clear.gif

Yep, true, My doctor asked me if I wanted my tube tied or burn.. I said "NO" because I prefer to leave my body the way it is. I do want another child again one day. But having my tube tied or burn cost money to have it reserve and insurance won't cover that. I leave mine the way it is. :)

good.. i am glad you said no.. i wish i didnt have the procedure as i am suffering this stupid thing.. ugh! i didnt know it can cause complications.. jeez!

good.. i am glad you said no.. i wish i didnt have the procedure as i am suffering this stupid thing.. ugh! i didnt know it can cause complications.. jeez!

You can always go to see a speicalist to see if they can fix it for you, or there is always another way to adpotion. :)

its ok.. i dont want more kids anyway.. i have 1.. thats enough for me.. smile!

I wouldnt mind fostering kids or adopting kids.. if i ever settle with my sweetie.. who knows! :)

its ok.. i dont want more kids anyway.. i have 1.. thats enough for me.. smile!

I wouldnt mind fostering kids or adopting kids.. if i ever settle with my sweetie.. who knows! :)

That sound like a great plan,, take your time and let fate come your way what you decided to do. :)

Well it depends..........seriously. Like I think the key is installing healthy attitudes about sexuality. Teach kids that sex should be a part of a loving caring good quality relationship. I think part of the problem is that a lot of kids really don't have great models for healthy relationships. Like SO many girls seem to follow the dating advice in Insipid Teen magazine, with their romantic relationships. They don't understand that a romantic relationship is just a nautral healthy maturization of a platonic relationship. Maybe if our society didn't overvalue the importance of having a girl or boyfriend, then less people would find themselves in one of those "OMG I have a boyfriend relationship......we didn't even start out as friends. I just followed the dating advice in Seventeen" "relationships."

Back