Would you spank your kids when they are bad?

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't, it seems bad idea. Just curious.

Spanking is just another one of those hot button issues that gets everybody ire up and emotions going.

Personally, I have no problem with it (I do have two kids). However having said that, I put limits on it it due nature of the wrong, age appropriateness, get one's emotions (anger) under control, is there a better punishment and etc. Spanking can be abused which is why I put strict limits on it. Unlike the belief of some, kids are not scarred for life as long there is consistent love and respect shown to them. It is the parents responsibility to weigh all actions regarding discipline and apply the appropriate punishment. Simply flying off the handle simply doesn't do it and that I believe where a lot of the problems come in. Like any other parents, there are good days and bad days when dealing with kids. You just gotta keep going.

My kids are almost 9 and 6 and I can't remember the last time I spanked either one (it has been so long ago). Believe me, my kids are not perfect. We have found effective ways to get their attention without doing so. They are quite aware that if they do something quite defiantly or really stupid that the possibility exists but again the circumstances are looked at before any such is meted out.

My two cents...

TrippLA said:

That post was by Liebling. So that is repost!! It was a very good debate!! Why don't you check it out?? :doh:

Deehamilton said:
That post was by Liebling. So that is repost!! It was a very good debate!! Why don't you check it out?? :doh:

It's not my fault because that thread isn't posted since Oct 2005, I just asked if parent that who spanking children, that all. That's different stuff and don't discuss about abuse. I just want know about parent experience.

TrippLA said:
Yes, I have to spank my child if unapproval behavior is occured because the Bible demands it.

I did spank my daughter when necessary. As she got older, she needed fewer spankings.

She is a fine wife and mother now. :)

Reba said:
I did spank my daughter when necessary. As she got older, she needed fewer spankings.

She is a fine wife and mother now. :)

Yeah....I know I was spanked as a kid and I think I turned out somewhat OK :whistle:

Something that did suprise me when I joined the police department was how many people call the police for us to come and discipline their kids. Some parents are afraid to discipline their kids for fear that it is abuse...and their kids act up even more and hold that fear over their parents head. I don't know about all states, but here it is OK for a parent to discipline their children...and one would hope that common sense would tell you what is discipline and what is abuse (did you spank on the butt with an open hand or did you beat them with a wooden spoon...one is discipline and one is abuse).

Taylor said:
Yeah....I know I was spanked as a kid and I think I turned out somewhat OK :whistle: ....
Same here. I was spanked as a kid, and I think I turned out OK, but I figured there were too many ADers who doubt my OK-ness. ;)

I was never spanked by my parents and I turned out too good for them.

I did spank my kids when they were little and I hate it. Felt so much guilt for doing that.

Askjo said:
Yes, I have to spank my child if unapproval behavior is occured because the Bible demands it.

You are definitely brainwashed by the Bible. What a sad!

webexplorer said:
My dad used to spank me, and he was an atheist.

Reba said:
My dad used to spank me, and he was an atheist.

Bible told Askjo what to do with his/her children that does not make a sense at all. Bible is a book that contains several statements which is not human being.

Being atheist and Catholic who is not very profoundly religious are normal in the society.

webexplorer said:
Bible told Askjo what to do with his/her children that does not make a sense at all. Bible is a book that contains several statements which is not human being.

Being atheist and Catholic who is not very profoundly religious are normal in the society.
It proves that the principles of the Bible are true, even when used by non-believers.

webexplorer said:

yeah, I know :roll:

Unfortunlately yes.

Spanking over the time is a great way to turn your lovely kid into a psycho teenager or adult kid.

I seen spanking in a private texas baptist school during lunch time they have it on the stage while everyone eats. They use big paddles and for people under 3rd grade gets the ping pong paddle. They beat ur ass with it till youre screaming and u got like 1,000 kids watching you.

Richard

For few next decade, spanking children by parent would be part of children abuse, that would be illegal in USA. Spanking children at public school are illegal in late 70's or even in 80's. I wouldn't want spanking children because it seems like abuse and make more hate, decline of self-esteem.

Nesmuth said:
Spanking over the time is a great way to turn your lovely kid into a psycho teenager or adult kid...
So that's why I'm so :twisted: !

Back