Would you rather date...

Shoshana

Reaction score
For the other Deafies: Would you rather date another Deaf person or a hearing person?

For the Hearing people: Why do you choose to date a Deaf Person?

I am Deaf, Ive dated two Deaf guys but all others were hearing. I see many advantage to dating a Deaf guy but also many to date a Hearing :lol:

I have realized many hearing people here are dating a Deaf person or are specifically seeking out a Deafie to date.

Pros and Cons of both :)

I'd love to meet a nice deaf girl. I wouldnt want to have kids with her b/c it would be terrible for the kids born hearing and then lose all of hearing when get older. That happened to my best friend. It was very difficult for him.

I'm not going out thinking, " I want to date a deaf person or I will date a hearing person". It's about chemistry between 2 people. You either feel it or you don't.

for me, I won't mind as long as that person knows ASL or can learn ASL. Very important for me as I cannot rely on oral form of communication. I've dated deaf and hoh person before. My current girlfriend is hearing.

After the demise of my marriage to my ex hubby, I swore I would never date another hearing guy so I just dated deaf men for the 4 years I was single. Nothing worked out and I met my current hubby and fell in love with him. Yes, he is hearing.

I have to say it's so hard to find a good man whom you're very compatible with so while ideally, it would make sense to date a deaf guy, realistically, I'd rather be with any guy who treats me like a queen like my current boyfriend does. He's the only guy I've dated who has never seemed to find fault with me and in fact, only seems to see the positives in me and it's wonderful. It really is. He brings out the best in me.

I'm not going out thinking, " I want to date a deaf person or I will date a hearing person". It's about chemistry between 2 people. You either feel it or you don't.

for me, I won't mind as long as that person knows ASL or can learn ASL. Very important for me as I cannot rely on oral form of communication. I've dated deaf and hoh person before. My current girlfriend is hearing.

yes i know and agree, but I asked because I see many hearing people come here looking for Deaf person to date.

My boyfriend is hearing but learning sign.

depend on person character is very deaf or hearing of hard sometimes depend of course!!

I wouldn't mind dating a Deaf man. I'm more looking for a guy that I'll mesh with than one who's Deaf. It's more important to me to have a good relationship.

Yes you are all right--personality and chemistry is number one important!

BUT has nothing to do with question...if the person had idea personality would u rather date hearing or Deaf?

I know there are pros and cons for both, thats the aim of the question.

Like what would you prefer to date another Deafie or what benifits you to date a hearing person?

I don't think Hubby wants me dating any man, hearing or deaf. :|

I agree. :giggle:

Most of the time. Sometimes he has the husbandly "huh?" syndrome. :giggle:

LOL I think thats a man thing in general :giggle: :laugh2:

When I was dating Deaf guys I loved that they "understood" culture and what it is like to be Deaf, and easier to communicate.

With Hearing guys communication can be difficult sometimes on my part (but my boyfriend now is learning sign!), another positive thing is having a set of ears around :) My boyfriend is wonderful in repeating what other people say to me if I cant read their lips or whatever :lol:

Never dated a deaf/hoh guy, and even the hearing guys get on my darn nerves. After some thought I decided to be more open in regards to dating period, whether it be someone I would not have thought to date before. As long as they're not a cheating dog, a weirdo, not a pedophile, have ambition, I will give a guy a chance, just don't be over 6 feet :giggle:.

Both have their own quirks. Pick the attributes that you desire or benefit you the most.
But if it came to a showdown between two of them, I think it doesn't matter what's their hearing status. If they're genuine, there's nothing to lose from either side.

It's the the personality behind them that counts, honest relationship material is rare to come by; buttwipes exist in every nook and cranny and are a dime a dozen.

Back