Would you or wouldn't you?

I have dated three hearing guys and only one deaf guy in all my life. I found/find myself that I rather be with hearing guy instead of deaf guy...most likely of what happened with my relationship with my deaf ex.

I'm married to hearing guy and he's wonderful, very patience with me, would repeat of things that I missed or misunderstood, and he understands what I'm going through or what I've gone through my life even though He's not deaf. He's well likable by my deaf friends because he's kind, friendly and he tries to communicate to them by signing.

Most of the reasons why I prefer to date hearing guys is because I like to talk and my family would be able to talk to this guy without me signing for him or interpret for my family. But in this case doesn't matter now as my family and I aren't speaking to each other due to some matters.

I donno...I just find more fun, enjoyable to be with hearing guy instead of deaf guy...that doesn't mean I don't find fun in deaf guy which I do...but I just enjoy more myself dating a hearing guy.

WOuld you date a hearing person? WHy or why not? Give me the pro's and con's of dating what I call an inter-hearing relationship. I'm curious to the amount of attention and answers this will generate. Please be more specific, not something cheesy like; "Well, he was hot!" NOt helping folks... Let's get down to the nitty gritty of this topic!

PS first time blogger here, nice to meet ya'll!!!

Sherree

If I met a really cool guy that I felt happy around, it would not matter to me if he were Deaf of hearing or green or alien. I would learn of his world and be the best mate I could be to him. He would have to be willing to be my best friend, and I would be his.

Actually, my preference is hang around with Deaf people inspite of the fact that I am hearing, because hearing people seem to be more shallow. Not every Deaf person is cool just cuz they are Deaf, but somehow they have a stronger spirit and better since of humor, and they desire to work hard to overcome whatever comes at them. I wish hearing people would learn some lessons from them. Their hearts seem to be more open to honesty and bluntness too, which is a must for REAL conversation. Learing to communicate via sign or whatever can be learned if you have the desire and the love.

I am deaf. My fiance is hearing. We are getting marry in couple months. When we met each other. He don't know the sign language. He wanted to learn sign language to communicate with me and his hard of hearing nephew. My fiance have a stutter problem when he was kid boy. So I taught him how to sign languages. I am patience. He made it. We have no problem with relationship at all. I like hearing man more than deaf men. All ex deaf men are not work out for me. I am first time to have a hearing man. He can hear anything. I can't hear a water fountain running in sink. He can interpret for me at everywhere.

[
QUOTE=deafmummy;948467]WOuld you date a hearing person? WHy or why not? Give me the pro's and con's of dating what I call an inter-hearing relationship. I'm curious to the amount of attention and answers this will generate. Please be more specific, not something cheesy like; "Well, he was hot!" NOt helping folks... Let's get down to the nitty gritty of this topic!

Sherree[/QUOTE]

My boyfriend is hearing... He's the best boyfriend ever. He always tries to include me in his life, and does everything so I don't feel left out. Hearing people are not automatically bad partners for deafies.

i dont mind i would dating hearing man because im now dating with my boyfriend who lives in London,England he learn sign languages because my boyfriend's friend is deaf i always love that man very dearly because he good man and he very focus,trust what he tell me to understand me to say because he is englishman and im american also.

If i would trust my boyfriend as sign languages i would acceptance him because he hearing.his name is James he always polite and handsome i told my parents about my boyfriend James.

WOuld you date a hearing person? WHy or why not? Give me the pro's and con's of dating what I call an inter-hearing relationship. I'm curious to the amount of attention and answers this will generate. Please be more specific, not something cheesy like; "Well, he was hot!" NOt helping folks... Let's get down to the nitty gritty of this topic!

Sherree

Welcome to AllDeaf ! Deaf Mummy

Well, my hearing Mom married to my Deaf Dad for over 28 years ! My mom can sign pretty good. I did try dating with hearing guy, did not enjoy it very much due to carry around paper and pen with me. Had to pull over the car and light on to write the notes. It caused our communication breakdown. His initmacy was AWESOME !!! Communication barrier was AWFUL ! I dump hearing guy !

sure why not. I'm HOH and dating a hearing gal for about 3 years. Our communication's great. She makes an effort to speak clearly and we talk on AIM :type: half the time. She was generous enough to cough up $15/month extra to her cell phone plan so we can communicate via text message a lot.

Pro- I think it's a great advantage to date hearing person. He/She is your ear and that's important for many reasons - safety issue (fire alarm, baby crying, rattling noise like your pipe's gona blow), talking to others via phone for you, and a "free" interpreter for you in case you need somebody to make sure you understand (for example, you're in process of signing legal documents and lawyers talk a lot. He/She will make sure you understand fully what the lawyer said).

Con - pretty much same as all deaf/hoh people experienced in life. social gathering and she can't always inform me what's going on all the time. sometimes she talks to me like I'm hearing - talking to me w/o looking at me or in other room :dunno: sometimes she throws stuff at me to get my attention :evil:

Back