Would you date a physically disabled person?

Try to find someone with your same health problems, and you can be a support to each other.

That's a good idea. Can't believe i didn't think of that before.:roll: I guess i was caught up in the stereotype way of thinking, and probably a little superficial myself.

I would not date a physically disable person or person that not disable that need financial help right from the start If the person and I where dating and we really had a strong relationship that I thought was going last of course I would help him then. I had done this before but not anymore!
I meet a guy in a W/C that I really like and we talked on the phones a few times. I did not date him as I end moving back to Massachusetts . If I had stayed in Calif. I would had loved to get to know the guy better. And I did invite a guy that had MS to my home for lunch . He was also in a W/C but when he told his dad was a KKK member , I did not think it work out as my daughter is Black. I never would had been welcome at his parents home me being Jewish too! So yes I would date a guy physically disable person.

I would not date a physically disable person or person that not disable that need financial help right from the start If the person and I where dating and we really had a strong relationship that I thought was going last of course I would help him then. I had done this before but not anymore!
I meet a guy in a W/C that I really like and we talked on the phones a few times. I did not date him as I end moving back to Massachusetts . If I had stayed in Calif. I would had loved to get to know the guy better. And I did invite a guy that had MS to my home for lunch . He was also in a W/C but when he told his dad was a KKK member , I did not think it work out as my daughter is Black. I never would had been welcome at his parents home me being Jewish too! So yes I would date a guy physically disable person.

Jeez......:hmm:

You would also have to consider that if this went further to marriage that possibly kids could be born with the same health problems. I can't get this out of my mind. It makes me wonder if that is another thing the women i try to date think about.

So all the women, please reply to this with your opinions...

I recently met a woman who married a man with a genetic disorder. Some of their kids inherited the gene, some didn't; some lived, some didn't. Clearly, to her, the possible inheritability was nothing to stop her from being with the person she loved or trying to have kids.

I'm not looking, as I'm married, but I would date a disabled person.

Not all women want children, so if you don't want to pass on your health condition and don't want biological kids, no problem with a lady like that. If you want kids but not pass it on, you may find a woman who already has kids or would like to adopt.

There are all kinds of women in the world and there is one out there who is just right for you. :hug:

That's a good point. I figured i needed to find someone with no health problems, in order to be happy. I'll just have to do things different.

Jeez......:hmm:

And why should I feel I have to pay for a person that I just meet. There are people looking for a 'free' ride all the time. I am not saying the OP is going this
but I known people that would try sponge off people as long as they could. Fine if want to give money to a person do just meet, I like to date a person awhile to see if we get along. I am not The Donald !

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying. I would agree with that too. I wouldn't want someone sponging off of me either.

First be happy with yourself. Once you do that, you will be surprised that people look at you in a much more positive light. When dating, don't worry about explaining about all of your health issues. If you ask a girl out suggest a place that is comfortable for you and see if she agrees to it. Focus on the girl, be interested in her. if she is interested in you she will ask questions. It will come out eventually so don't hide it. The bottom line is do not make your disability the focus of your relationships.

My Girlfriend loves me for who I am. I am a very forgetful person and that bugs her but she keeps forgiving me. I also have chronic migraines and sometimes miss work and cannot go out for a few days. She hates it, but she hates me not feeling well more than anything. I didn't mention much about these things in the beginning because they do not define who I am. In the beginning I missed a few dates so she just came over to sit with me while I sleep of another migraine. Lord knows what she sees in me, but the longer things go, the more I think I might have a keeper on my hands! :D

Please do not worry so much about what you cannot do, focus on what you can do and I am sure others will enjoy that as well.

My girlfriend has health issues. She is not deaf, but have other issues. That is one reason why we get along quite well.

If a girl understood my sense of humor and is tolerant of my personality I wouldn't care If she was physically disabled or not. Those few qualities are exactly what a lot of people I know including myself look for in their counterpart.

Back