Would u rather dating...

I married to hearing husband and my husband only know little but of sign languauge, but we always talk about everything everyday.

I don't have any preference deaf nor hearing. I make it a point of mine to ask the people directly what they said, instead of relying on my hearing partner to interpret anything. My partner is not my interpreter. However, my current partner is Vietnamese, and his parents speaks Vietnamese all the time. So, I just ignore it most of the time and if my partner feels like sharing with me, ok. When I learn enough Vietnamese, maybe I will talk with them a bit but not now though!

I remembered doing that to my ex boyfriend before I asked him what did he or she said? He would do the same with me when I am talking to my deaf friends he would asked what did she say? It wasn't bad after all. It is normal for Hearing Guys to jump in and help you out without even tried to ask cuz I know it did happened with me often of times. I have dated more hearing guys than Deaf guys I don't know why Hearing guys seems fun to hang out with and seem to always make me Laugh. I love guys who have a great sense of Humor. :mrgreen:

it doesnt matter 2 me too....my babydaddy is hearing...my currently partner (not bf but sex partner)...he hard of hearing

I think it depends on the people altho im hearing i have better relationship with Deaf girls. But i think this is because since i sign comunication is not a problim and im always willing to learn more signs and become a better signer.
plus im a kind and careing person and easy to get along with.

I think it all boiled down to a sense of happiness and with the ability to communicate. In my case, when I went to a wedding and all hearing people there were having conversation. I found that I can't get along with them because of not understanding what they say. Then I asked them what they say or what they talked about. After a while, it became obvious that if I marry a hearing lady then I would see more of this everywhere, so I know it would not bring in happiness to me and that there would be more happniness for me with the deaf lady or hoh lady because I can communicate with them on the same level. Everyone have different gifts that allow them to have happiness with hearing or deaf, everyone is different.

Don't matter to me, but I am hearing... so does my opinion count?

It's not matter. I am dating hearing girl who had interest in sign language and really showed me her love for me.

lucidjen said:
I would date anything...since Im deaf, and I love to date deaf and hard-of-hearing becuz it has alot of communicate and everything, I had date hearing person for 2 years, it didn't go well.

Sound like you have a mute relationship... I had deaf friend who want to have hearing boyfriend because she prefer to have her relationship less problem or arguement... aint that something... anyhoo, sound lame is it?

coloravalanche said:
I prefer hearing...I had previous bad experiences with deaf men soooo....

sorry to hear that... hope you being good education!

hi anybody,

there no matter deaf or hering... i did dated with one of my ex hearing guy together for 1/2 yrs ago, later he was kinda not tell truth person, :madfawk: i found out anythings about him.. he keep me about future marry.. i not kinda trust that guy if he tell me truth... i can't marry hearing never know if any guys talk on phone with out deaf people kno what going on and who on the phone.. it not worth... deaf to deaf easy cause phone tty they can trust more then hearing... the hearing is two face is different act and serious and play game.. it not worth to me... i already had myu own enagred.. he is great to me... more trust it better then other my ex do... it hardest way for me.. yes i do missed them but i do not going back with them any ways.. cause soo n iam going get marry with my own enagaed any time not know when......

reply to kitten

what makes you think about hearing guy and wondering do you believe that you will marry your fianance? be honest with you
one day you will probably end up being alone soon. you will see in the future.
you know how fast gossip in deaf community and spread lot of false rumors as for hearing it is similar to our community. you just think about it ! :madfawk:
for your information you are part of them so do i. that is naked truth
your former ex!

kitten03 said:
there no matter deaf or hering... i did dated with one of my ex hearing guy together for 1/2 yrs ago, later he was kinda not tell truth person, :madfawk: i found out anythings about him.. he keep me about future marry.. i not kinda trust that guy if he tell me truth... i can't marry hearing never know if any guys talk on phone with out deaf people kno what going on and who on the phone.. it not worth... deaf to deaf easy cause phone tty they can trust more then hearing... the hearing is two face is different act and serious and play game.. it not worth to me... i already had myu own enagred.. he is great to me... more trust it better then other my ex do... it hardest way for me.. yes i do missed them but i do not going back with them any ways.. cause soo n iam going get marry with my own enagaed any time not know when......
i uddy how ur feeling and good lucky with ur man now.. smile!!!!

VamPyroX said:
For me, it depends. Communication is important. What's the point of dating someone that you can't even talk with or understand what he/she is saying.

I agree with u on this one, as long as there's communication, the relationship will last long and if u dont have it, the chemistry'll fade!

I've dated both a hearing person and a deaf person...

the deaf person and I have more common with eachother...due to deafness and all, we actually share the kind of stuff that we perfer...like watching movies with captions, use cell phones for text messaging, and can't always understand people when they mumble or speak too fast, etc...

with the hearing person, we dont really have that much in common but we still show respect for eachother...such as sharing food and smoking together and watching movies with capitons on...etc...stuff like that I think she is starting to understand better about the deaf community.

Back