Would it be wrong to ask kids.....

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I'm deaf and I wonder what it would be like if I had kids in the future. You see, I've no idea of what a car with turbocharged engine sounds like. I know that different engines makes different sounds.

See, what if I asked a 5 years old kid different sounds of turbocharged engines? Would it be fair to ask if a kid is not ready to drive? Or should I wait until kid have drivers permit and then ask kid?

The kid does not have to drive the car to hear what it how it sounds.

I understand the concept, but I think you need to re-phrase the question.

ask kids anyway, you would be surprised what the kids would answer your questions. kids myserious minds tell the truth right there.

Probably asking any kid, would probably get a response like ...."Duh"?...then realizing ur deaf, and their answers would probably be very visual and hilarious.....:giggle:...(as long as it's boys)....Asking a senior citizen would more than likely give you a negative response...."The police outta' get those loud cars off the road!"....(Same as for boom-boxes)...

Feel sure pre /and teenager boys would love to discuss the sounds of turbo-charged engines...

I think asking a 5 year old kid is a great idea! Kids are generally more expressive than adults. I can imagine asking a kid "what does a turbocharged engine sound like" and the kid making faces like a lion and fingers scrunched up like claws ready to rip you up. Violent, powerful like the sound of turbocharge vroooooooom!

Children are sponges. I know this sounds horrible to say but one of the main reasons children are killed in crimes is because their mind is a photograph. They remember every detail. You rob a woman and she'll likely say "it happened so quick" and won't be able to give details about the attacker. Children remember the tattoos, the way they smelled, what they wore, how they looked, the way they spoke. It's true. If you want to know how something sounds, children are the best people to ask. They're so animated in their description that you'd be hard pressed to find an adult to explain sounds better than them.

Laura

Nothing wrong with it. I think it would be a great lesson and bonding time. :)

Only way to get the kid to listen to the turbo is to stick the car on a dyno or drive fast enuff for the tubro to kick in. Then tell the 5 year old to stick his head out the window.

Back