World's oldest person dies

CatoCooper13

Reaction score
AP - A Japanese woman believed to be the oldest person in the world died, city officials in her hometown said. She was 116.

Born in 1887, Kamato Hongo was recognised as the world's oldest living person by the Guinness Book of Records after an American woman - Maude Farris-Luse - died last March at the age of 115.

Hongo was famous throughout Japan for her habit of sleeping for two days and then staying awake for two days.

She was raised on a small, rural island on Japan's southern fringe, and grew up tending to cows and farming potatoes.

The same island also produced the Japanese record-holder for longevity, a man who died at the age of 120.

©AAP 2003

MizzDeaf said:
Wow! that been long live for her. :D

Yes but when you think about how your life becomes meaningless at a certain point, why would anyone want to live that long in such a frail body. If i could live forever in the body of a 21 year old, thats 1 thing, but to spend my life in a prison of my own body, i think not.

just when you think everything is fine
the foundation cracks... in a fraction of time
so look in the mirror.. it doesn't lie

we... we all forget
that we're the architects of the bodies we inhabit

WaterRats13 said:
AP - A Japanese woman believed to be the oldest person in the world died, city officials in her hometown said. She was 116.

Born in 1887, Kamato Hongo was recognised as the world's oldest living person by the Guinness Book of Records after an American woman - Maude Farris-Luse - died last March at the age of 115.

Hongo was famous throughout Japan for her habit of sleeping for two days and then staying awake for two days.

She was raised on a small, rural island on Japan's southern fringe, and grew up tending to cows and farming potatoes.

The same island also produced the Japanese record-holder for longevity, a man who died at the age of 120.

©AAP 2003

Wow, that lady lived long time!

Back