World Free of Diseases/Virus

ChelEler

Reaction score
Don't we all wish that our world is free of virus/diseases? If so, then we probably won't be deaf, will we? Just a thought. This thought came to me when I was reading a thread about West Nile Virus.

Do you think virus or diseases cause the deafness, blindness, disability, etc? If not, tell me how we become deaf without any virus or diseases? Just curious.

I did not become Deaf due to a virus or disease! My mom was very healthy when she was pregnant with me.

I was born hearing and was hearing until about 16 months old... what happen to me then? How did I become deaf.... spinal meningitis <--that is a disease, isn't it? So how did you become deaf, if there's no disease or virus? That's where I'm trying to figure out, if the world is totally free from diseases and virus.

I was born deaf, my mom was very healthy when she was pregnant with me. I guess I'm one of few kids who were born deaf and so on. They found out I was deaf at age 6 months and I started school right away.

Don't forget that genetics plays a role here....no?

Tousi said:
Don't forget that genetics plays a role here....no?
Maybe. Umm... that leads me to another question. What cause the genetics to make us deaf?

I was born hearing and had a common childhood problem. Something to do with the fluids in our ears that keep us balanced. A lot of children around the age of one have this and it usually goes away. Sometimes, it gets worse and it requires medication. That's what happened to me, and my real mom didn't take proper care of me... so I became deaf.

If the world was disease free, I'm sure that the sex rate would go up cuz no one would have to worry about AIDS, HIV, and other various STDs!

VamPyroX said:
I was born hearing and had a common childhood problem. Something to do with the fluids in our ears that keep us balanced. A lot of children around the age of one have this and it usually goes away. Sometimes, it gets worse and it requires medication. That's what happened to me, and my real mom didn't take proper care of me... so I became deaf.

If the world was disease free, I'm sure that the sex rate would go up cuz no one would have to worry about AIDS, HIV, and other various STDs!

Definitely :werd:!!! That'll be crazy, and the world will be overcrowded, no matter where you are!

Chel, I have friends who are geneticists and they don't know what causes genetic errors.
Vam, Are you legally deaf? (70 dcb or more loss) From what I understand the cause of your deafness is conductive and the majority of people with conductive losses are medically hoh. Actually I remember reading somewhere that in the '30's when otis media was more common then now, a third of kids in schools for the deaf had otis media and wore bone conduction hearing aids. (I was looking for info on BCHA since I might switch to those as I have aural atresia and I don't feel like my current a/c aids are doing a very good job.)

my mom was sick in the 3rd trimester with rubella and i was contracted with that at the time of my birth i was born with three conditions, heart conditions, half blind and also Deaf, BUT the two outweights the heart condition as it was repaired when i was either 8 weeks old or 18 weeks old i keep g etting those confuse.

VamPyroX said:

Yeah! Then, we would have NO food from feeding too many mouths on this planet!

I think viruses and whatever is a sure way to keep our population in control and nature's way of telling us that we were getting too bigger for the biosphere to handle- if lesser population the lesser chance of the virus going around

Deaf258 said:
Yeah! Then, we would have NO food from feeding too many mouths on this planet!
With the money we have saved from not spending on research for new drugs to fight against those diseases and viruses, we can afford to do research on better and more productive food.

Cricket said:
I think viruses and whatever is a sure way to keep our population in control and nature's way of telling us that we were getting too bigger for the biosphere to handle- if lesser population the lesser chance of the virus going around
Like I said recently, with the money we saved from not spending on research for drugs to fight against viruses and diseases, we can spend on research for better living arrangements. America would probably not be in debt for medicare since there's nothing to fight against for diseases and viruses. Perhaps, we'll be able to build better space exploration programs and expand our world on other planets!

VamPyroX said:
Like I said recently, with the money we saved from not spending on research for drugs to fight against viruses and diseases, we can spend on research for better living arrangements. America would probably not be in debt for medicare since there's nothing to fight against for diseases and viruses. Perhaps, we'll be able to build better space exploration programs and expand our world on other planets!

Yeah, and we wonder why people die from various reasons such as self-imposed illnesses like smoking and drinking too much!!! No matter what researches are being done, people will still engage in stupid behaviours that will undermine their health.

It's impossible to live in disease-free world!

Know why?

It's like only strong will survive!

See....

People in war... fighting for what they believe in... war comes naturally to human beings...

Animals fighting to protect their babies, territories... they come naturally to them...

So on and on... plants...Growing and hogging the water underground by its roots and other weak plants just die...

Look in our cells inside our body... other cells invading to posssess our body...

It goes on and on forever...

Wish i can say more! Not unless i eat more mushrooms then i may give some good show and lecture to awaken your eyes and mind!

Well, just my silly thought...

I think some people would still be deaf as it's genetics and sometimes there's faults in the genetic strand. Not that I'm saying deafness is bad but it gets passed on from generation to next and there are plenty of other causes.

With a virus free world, the world would indeed be a happier place I believe and hospitals would have an easier job of looking after people but then again, it might put doctors and nurses out of their job. Oh well.

Deafness isn't really a disease or virus. It's a defect or genetic disorder. You're born deaf. You're not born sick. You become deaf due to injury. You don't become sick due to injury. Etc...

Deaf and Disease?? I see no connection. Deaf people are capable to be well being. Genetics will be benefits for Deaf People. We could breed Deaf population. :cool:

Back