World Comparison

actually nearly all of them. Because you have to pass the test in order to obtain CCW. That's why the states do not issue CCW easily. That's why you RARELY hear in the news about CCW holder accidentally or murderously killing people. You hear more about CCW holder saving the lives than the tragic stories! There have been several cases of CCW holder being jailed even though he used it in self-defense. So yes - read the laws. Better safe than sorry!

It was a hypothetical question. You actually believe that gun owners read up the laws in other states before taking their weapons with them? That is a little far fetched.

yep..... sad, right? That's why I think this whole thing about children dying from guns does not warrant a microscopic attention nor further regulation which means legislators will not be able to pay more attention on tragic cases that can be easily prevented or lowered. It's a waste of time and waste of taxpayer's money. That very limited resource should be better used on something such as teen drivers, teen drug addicts, abusive parents, etc.

Any juvenile death from guns, overdose, car accidents is a tragedy in itself.

Reading some of your posts on gun control, military, I am starting to wonder if you are involved in the sadomasochist culture. :hmm:

It was a hypothetical question. You actually believe that gun owners read up the laws in other states before taking their weapons with them? That is a little far fetched.
I understand but it's a similar responsibility as doctor/lawyer. They are required to know the laws in the state they're in and be licensed for it. Same for CCW holder. Did you know that you can be arrested for even revealing the pistol butt in public for one second? You can be arrested for touching the gun or informing others that you're armed when you're in argument with that person. That's how strict the laws are.

If the people called the cop on you because he saw a gun on you when you bend down to tie your shoe or whatever, you can be arrested for that even if you have a CCW. There are more "not allowed to" than "allowed to" so that's why you have to read the laws to protect yourself from legal ramification.

Any juvenile death from guns, overdose, car accidents is a tragedy in itself.

Reading some of your posts on gun control, military, I am starting to wonder if you are involved in the sadomasochist culture. :hmm:
lol!!!! that's so weird - Byrdie actually said same thing to me!!! :lol:

Originally Posted by Liebling:)))
I do not against anyone for want to own the gun for good reasons but I still beleive in tighten the gun control law, that´s all what I have in my opinion.

What do you suggest then?

1. Tighten the weak gun control law to prevent them from buy gun at gun stores easy like they can buy the foods from supermarket.

2. Close the Gun Show because it allows the people to buy guns at gun shows without check their gun liescne and ID.

3. Check their backgrounds, train and test their knowledge/skills to see if they use good common sense to be own responsible gun owner.

4. If you want to buy guns and bullets from gun stores then must prove your gun liescne with photo, ID and number of gun and bullets registery. It´s easy for police to arrest person who tries to sell illegal.

5. If your gun is missing and steal then report it to police with your gun and bullet numbers.

6. the links, I provided in my post #1 is too easy for anyone to buy gun and bullets... I explained in my post #1 that weak US gun control law is too easy to expose people into crime and illegal.

The New York Times > Log In

And Stop letting people just “pick up a gun” like they’re picking up milk and eggs from the supermarket.

American gun culture obscures solutions; encourages violence | International Political Will

Shock, Sympathy And Denunciation Of U.S. Gun Laws - washingtonpost.com

It looks like Russia isn't counted on data, however there's other one does include Russia.
Murders (per capita) statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

It does surprised that USA is in along with developing countries for high murder rate and that's how American society has done in past.

Yes, Russia is high murder rate than the USA but their violence crime is low than the USA.

Did I tell you in abortion threads that Russia is highest abortion rate in the world? Russians consider abortion as a birth control. :roll:

naisho, wikipedia is not alway correct. I prefer to use Nationmaster because it´s % per 1,000 and per capita estimation.

Every statistic always have estimation.

You should check websites that UK are one of highest crime rates around the Europe countries.

UK crime rates went up since UK gun control law was banned after school shooting in Scotland and then few years later they change and tighten gun control law instead of banned...

UK crime rates goes improve since they tighten gun control law but it is still highest crime rate around the Europe countries.

oh my goodness - I surely do not want people to be able to buy guns like food at supermarket! Thanks god President Bush signed NICS! Virginia Governor Kaine signed the new law that closed the loophole and tightened the law.

and you are required by law to report to police if your gun is missing/stolen.

about your #3 - that's nearly impossible to test for common sense but I wouldn't mind testing them on same standard as CCW. That's why I suggested a mandatory Civil Service (or compulsory military service).

Virginia Tech shooter had proper ID & qualification to buy guns. But I do not support issuing federal firearm license to those with green cards. You have to be American citizen to buy guns in America. That's what I want.

Liebling - most of your suggestions are in old time. Time has changed and we already tightened up the law on that. But :ty: for coming up with suggestions. Please do keep it coming because I'm sure we can agree on gun control laws.

naisho, wikipedia is not alway correct. I prefer to use Nationmaster because it´s % per 1,000 and per capita estimation.

Every statistic always have estimation.

You should check websites that UK are one of highest crime rates around the Europe countries.

UK crime rates went up since UK gun control law was banned after school shooting in Scotland and then few years later they change and tighten gun control law instead of banned...

UK crime rates goes improve since they tighten gun control law but it is still highest crime rate around the Europe countries.

re-read Naisho's post. He said nationmaster used data from wikipedia

re-read Naisho's post. He said nationmaster used data from wikipedia

Oops, :ty: for get my attention... I overlook it...

I will check on this links tomorrow... I´m tired and have to go bed now... Today is 11.35 pm...

Guten Nacht!

oh my goodness - I surely do not want people to be able to buy guns like food at supermarket! Thanks god President Bush signed NICS! Virginia Governor Kaine signed the new law that closed the loophole and tightened the law.

and you are required by law to report to police if your gun is missing/stolen.

about your #3 - that's nearly impossible to test for common sense but I wouldn't mind testing them on same standard as CCW. That's why I suggested a mandatory Civil Service (or compulsory military service).

Virginia Tech shooter had proper ID & qualification to buy guns. But I do not support issuing federal firearm license to those with green cards. You have to be American citizen to buy guns in America. That's what I want.

Liebling - most of your suggestions are in old time. Time has changed and we already tightened up the law on that. But :ty: for coming up with suggestions. Please do keep it coming because I'm sure we can agree on gun control laws.

You forget to answer #2 about close the gun shows. I will response your post tomorrow... I´m tired. Guten Nacht

You forget to answer #2 about close the gun shows. I will response your post tomorrow... I´m tired. Guten Nacht

that is what NICS covered along with other laws. I want to keep gun shows running because it's for hobby and fun purpose. The laws have already been tightened after ATF investigation to close the loophole. Good night, liebling! :wave:

Yes, Russia is high murder rate than the USA but their violence crime is low than the USA.

That probably has something to do with the fact that the criminal acts of violence are upgraded to homicide once the victims are dead. :roll:

...According to the most recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3,006 children and teens were killed by firearms in 2005, the first increase since 1994 and the first rise in gun deaths since Congress allowed the Assault Weapons Ban to expire in 2004.....
The previously banned "assault weapons" accounted for how many of those deaths?

The previously banned "assault weapons" accounted for how many of those deaths?

Those exact numbers are not available. That does not, however, change the fact that the numbers have risen since the ban was allowed to expire.

Those exact numbers are not available. That does not, however, change the fact that the numbers have risen since the ban was allowed to expire.

what changed the fact is the distorted perception of this misguided agenda.

Back