World Comparison

huh? so soldiers should go to war with no guns? :roll: beside - anybody with a history of mental illness shouldn't have guns anyway.... which is already a law

A soldier in a treatment facility should definately not have access to guns. The soldier referenced was being treated in a facility.

But no where did I make the statement or imply what you are suggesting.

The thread, I create is about world comparison... You are welcome to talk about Russia or other countries here if you like to.

It doesn´t mean that we make the USA look bad because we discuss about Gun control law between other countries and the USA. I check with Homicides > Gun Violence statistics - countries compared - NationMaster about crime rate in Russia. It says that Russia´s crime rate is low than the USA. You can see it yourself.

I am well aware that South Africa is the highest crime rate in the world. You can see the Nation master link that the USA is not worst in the world.

It looks like Russia isn't counted on data, however there's other one does include Russia.
Murders (per capita) statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

It does surprised that USA is in along with developing countries for high murder rate and that's how American society has done in past.

Why do you disagree with #2 and #3?

#2 - CCW laws are pretty strict and thorough. we are very mobile - thanks to cars and planes. the surrounding (or other) states have same/similar laws. It makes sense to allow CCW Reciprocity agreement among the states. I'm legally permitted to carry one in 29 states and it is my social responsibility to know those state's laws that I'm visiting. Guess what? I've never carried one out of state but I'm glad to know that I have a free choice to do so :)

#3 - because it's as bad as limiting number of cars to 1 per household. Beside - automobile is one of the leading cause of deaths for juveniles - something that we hear in the news much more frequently than gun deaths.

The thread, I create is about world comparison... You are welcome to talk about Russia or other countries here if you like to.

It doesn´t mean that we make the USA look bad because we discuss about Gun control law between other countries and the USA. I check with Homicides > Gun Violence statistics - countries compared - NationMaster about crime rate in Russia. It says that Russia´s crime rate is low than the USA. You can see it yourself.

I am well aware that South Africa is the highest crime rate in the world. You can see the Nation master link that the USA is not worst in the world.

South Africa is also one of the most stratified societies in the world. That should tell us something.

I won't take much of my time following up with this thread issue but just want to say little bit for once.

To be honest with everyone especially you, Liebling that it's the PEOPLE themselves, not guns itself who did murders and killings by using gun as the weapons. So those people are the real culprits, not the guns... that some people who continue complaining about guns and the gun control laws yet those keep forgetting that it is the people themselves who originated, u know better.

Many think that guns don't kill, people do. The truth is guns make it
easier to kill.

I still believe we, Americans ought to have gun rights to protect ourselves although I don't own one yet but plan to buy one someday. I think our government could improve our gun laws bit more to regulate more effective yet it's still our government's job to do that, ofc.

I do not against anyone for want to own the gun for good reasons but I still beleive in tighten the gun control law, that´s all what I have in my opinion.

Liebling, I really agree with others aka Jiro that you ought to worry about your country and it would waste your breath debating about our country's gun laws which you think is lax. Yet it's not my business to tell you to stop or whatever you say int he forum, fair enough. It's just too often you brought up with this type of issues (gun laws).

America is America while Germany is Germany, like it or not. But re-mention it yourself that is those evil PEOPLE, not the guns that are the problem(s) after all.

Did you read the title of my thread? We have no problem to share the exchange over world comparison like culture, law, etc because we are interesting... If you don´t like then don´t post here.

What years?

I already provide a link about murder rate during Bush admin, still lower as Clinton admin does.

Murder doesn't account for all of the deaths by gunfire. The Brady Bill expired, I do believe, in 2004. Since that time, the number of deaths attributable to guns has gone up in the United States.

From my original post #9:

3,006 children and teens were killed by firearms in 2005, the first increase since 1994 and the first rise in gun deaths since Congress allowed the Assault Weapons Ban to expire in 2004.

I do not against anyone for want to own the gun for good reasons but I still beleive in tighten the gun control law, that´s all what I have in my opinion.

What do you suggest then?

Jiro, I think I know why there is this argument in the first place. I think it is that guns are capable of killing many people just from one time use while other weapons, u cant. Yes, if we ban guns , murderers will still find a way to kill but if the gangs dont have guns, the number of innocent killings would probably go down as it would be harder to kill as many at once with a knife.

That's probably why there is this argument about guns being banned and etc.

people know how to make bombs today than they did in the past. how are we going to stop them>?

The link to nationmaster needs to be read carefully. It's actually not percentages, that's deaths per 100,000 people.

They used Wikipedia's source to plug in their numbers, from this page:
Gun violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down on wikipedia to that section, which says
Intentional Homicides (non-firearm and firearm homicides) by country
Source: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, 2000[8]
If you sort it by percentage of homicides with firearms, this is what you should get in descending:
NOTE that I don't think this means at all that guns are more dangerous, it's just saying that there are more homicides done with guns than there are done with other weapons.
So for the USA, 6 out of 9 people will choose a gun to murder.
That's all the statistic is trying to say.
It is important not to misinterpret the meaning of statistics, just leave them at the original intent on what they were quantifying.

I have highlighted the countries of importance:
countryhomi.jpg

My question for the experts..
Why does the UK rank as one of the lowest in gun deaths yet the population of the country is almost similar to that of Germany?

Here are some pop stats:
USA — Population 304,059,724 - Jul 2008 est.
Germany — Population: 82,369,552 July 2008 est.
United Kingdom — Population: 60,943,912 July 2008 est.

it is known that the higher the population, the higher the crime. That's why small towns are safer than cities.

England has difference upbringing. But as more cultural difference enter, you will see more crime.

If guns are banned then gangs still can get guns from black market, ban on guns are not effective and violation of 2nd Amendment.

If guns are banned then black market would become bigger, bigger businesses.

Exactly that´s why I don´t support to have guns banned.

I know that banned the guns do not solve anything.

#2 - CCW laws are pretty strict and thorough. we are very mobile - thanks to cars and planes. the surrounding (or other) states have same/similar laws. It makes sense to allow CCW Reciprocity agreement among the states. I'm legally permitted to carry one in 29 states and it is my social responsibility to know those state's laws that I'm visiting. Guess what? I've never carried one out of state but I'm glad to know that I have a free choice to do so :)

#3 - because it's as bad as limiting number of cars to 1 per household. Beside - automobile is one of the leading cause of deaths for juveniles - something that we hear in the news much more frequently than gun deaths.

#2 How many gun owners actually do read up the laws in other states that they are wanting to take their weaponry with?

#3 True however with the latest television commercials being advertised about prescription drugs in the medicene cabinet, I think that juveniles are overdosing more than car accidents. That remains to be seen.

I know very few people who know how to make their own gun and black power. Anyway, he says that the only problem with making your own guns is not able to be accurate. This is very bad if they made guns illegal. Because if people start making their own guns, they would not be able to get a good aim.. and that mean your children could be shot accidentally.

#2 How many gun owners actually do read up the laws in other states that they are wanting to take their weaponry with?
actually nearly all of them. Because you have to pass the test in order to obtain CCW. That's why the states do not issue CCW easily. That's why you RARELY hear in the news about CCW holder accidentally or murderously killing people. You hear more about CCW holder saving the lives than the tragic stories! There have been several cases of CCW holder being jailed even though he used it in self-defense. So yes - read the laws. Better safe than sorry!

#3 True however with the latest television commercials being advertised about prescription drugs in the medicene cabinet, I think that juveniles are overdosing more than car accidents. That remains to be seen.
yep..... sad, right? That's why I think this whole thing about children dying from guns does not warrant a microscopic attention nor further regulation which means legislators will not be able to pay more attention on tragic cases that can be easily prevented or lowered. It's a waste of time and waste of taxpayer's money. That very limited resource should be better used on something such as teen drivers, teen drug addicts, abusive parents, etc.

Liebling, it's ok and I got about gun related deaths.

It doesn't change my opinion unless any gun law will not affect citizens but hard on gangs or any people who commit crime.

Back