Workout: Gym or Home?

backerman

Reaction score
OK so we all know that it is imporant to stay in shape and workout. Not just cause it give you a better job, but because it strenghens you heart and lungs and everything.

To do so, we basically got two options: go to a gym, or buy some equipment and work out from home. My question is: what do you prefer?

I like working out at home a lot more. I think it is more convinient, especially since for me, the nearest gym is 15 minutes away by car. I also like the fact that whenever I feel like it, I can get up, walk a couple of meters, and hope on my exercise bike. I turn on the TV to whatever show I wanna watch, the time simply flies by. I think that is definitely encouraging.

home... all alone, more independent. nobody can bother you...

because at the gym people are being ego or not letting us take over the place if we want to work out while they blah too much with other people.... and it can be crowd at time.

get the idea?

I prefer to do it at home, more privacy and a better sense of independence in that way.

Banjo said:
I prefer to do it at home, more privacy and a better sense of independence in that way.

Oh Banjo, why don't you show off the "Before" and "After" pictures? :naughty:

:giggle: r-r-right.

I agree with others here, but I don't have the motivation to do it unless I go to the gym place to get me started.

We do have some exercise equipment at home - I do find it hard to motivate myself to exercise though, if I don't have someone to grunt and moan and sweat with.

(Get your minds outta the gutter. In case you haven't noticed, those are noises made when you're trying to keep up on the treadmill.)

Not much motivation at home, even though I have a few equipments and denise austin dvds.. but I'll just find a way to enjoy working out at home. I prefer that to the shared gym. I was thinking of converting a bedroom into a gym/art studio, anyway! (Yes, Miss D, it's where you slept in)

I don't need a ton of fancy equipment to exercise....I can just kayak or ski or ride my bike....besides I hate formally exercising....reminds me too much of physical therapy from when I was tiny.

I dont work out either at a gym or home. If I need a workout, I just simply go to WORK 'cuz its a 8 hour exercise session lifting 50 lb boxes, dragging a loaded pallet off a trailer, pushing boxes around you name it.

Malfoyish said:
We do have some exercise equipment at home - I do find it hard to motivate myself to exercise though, if I don't have someone to grunt and moan and sweat with.

(Get your minds outta the gutter. In case you haven't noticed, those are noises made when you're trying to keep up on the treadmill.)

Oh, pish... I like having my mind in the gutter! Makes life for fun! :rofl:

Didn't you know that "gutter things" can also count as exercise? You burn a helluva lot of calories and I bet it's a LOT more fun than a stupid treadmill would be! :mrgreen:

:naughty:

Seattle has got the hilly terrian, so it's perfect for huffing and puffing up and down the hills, it's a work out for ur lungs and heart. I commute to work by foot 6 days a week. 15 minutes each way.

sequoias said:
Seattle has got the hilly terrian, so it's perfect for huffing and puffing up and down the hills, it's a work out for ur lungs and heart. I commute to work by foot 6 days a week. 15 minutes each way.

i know!!! i lost 20lbs in 5 weeks! maybe i should go back for 5 weeks and lose another 20lbs!??? :lol:

FeistyChick said:
i know!!! i lost 20lbs in 5 weeks! maybe i should go back for 5 weeks and lose another 20lbs!??? :lol:

Go back where, someplace hilly? :lol:

I rather to work out at home because its more privacy..and save your money too. But since I don't have any exercise equirment, I usually go to the gym and walk on treadmills, just pay 5 dollars to enter every time I go there, but if I don't feel like to pay then I would go to my mom's boyfriend's shop and use his treadmill (sometime I don't like to go there since in the back room is kind of messy)

I would love to have exericse equirment at home, so I can exercise whenever I want to!

Malfoyish said:

:rofl:

I exercise at home and away from home for balance. For me, continuous home exercise can become somewhat a "burn-out" for me. :)

Gym? Well, housework belongs also "gym" :P I run up and downstairs alot...

I ride with bicycle or walk to town to get something... it's good enough.

Why should I need to go gym for?

i would rather to do excrising at home with all types of equipment that can do it at home and even through it may to boost up a confidence than being stalked by men at the gym.

Back