workout at home or gym club?

yagazn

Reaction score
i'd rather at home for workout because it's comfortable and private. i don't workout that much but i do dance, dancing is also workout too. also walking and bicycling sometimes.

Last edited:
Mod's note:

Thread's moved to proper location.

i'd rather at home for workout because it's comfortable and private. i don't workout that much but i do dance, dancing is also workout too. and also walking and bicycling sometimes.

I work out at my gym in my condo. I don't need any of these fancy machines at expensive gyms. dumbbell, bars w/ weights, couple of machines, and treadmills are pretty much sufficient for overall health. I have my bike and rollerblade as well.

cool jiro123, as for me, just normal excerise not like at the gym.

I only do walking, ride a mountain bike. In summer time I do surfing. :)

I used to exercise at a gym club, but had to stop going as it was taking up my times. Because of the widespread staphylococcus virus, I don't know if I would ever consider going back to one. I am afraid to take any chance.

I usually workout at the gym, because they have equipment that is suited towards my needs. And, at home I have a pair of dumbbells and a barbell, which I try to use every 2nd day for light exercises. I also have a mountain bike, but I have neglected it for 6 months...

I use both as I try to alternate to other variations while still keeping my workouts interesting. If I do the same workouts at only one location, that is really a motivation killer! LOL

I do all the workouts in my area. I do treadmill, abs, walking outside with my dogs, A LOT of yard work (landscaping) this summer, golf, maybe soon bowling and shooting range. It's all the matter of keeping myself active than just sitting on my butt.

Walking my dogs provides good exercise. In winter I walk around in the mall.

I workout at the gym it works for me with all the equipment they got. I also take the yellow lab for walks, now that summer is coming up will take the lab to beach for some fun. He loves going places than lounging in the backyard.

add one more: reason why I didn't want to join gym club is because it's expensive and I heard it from someone who told me that some people judge on other people's look at the gym club.

and of course smelly in there because of sweat. that's why I'd rather at home. I remembered one hearie guy gave me free flyer for two weeks membership and he know a little bit sign and fingerspelling. he saw me and my friend sign at fast food restaurant three yrs ago. he work for the gym club. he's a nice guy. I never been a member of gym club. I know I should try it for two weeks free but I didn't want to go and my friend too.

add one more: reason why I didn't want to join gym club is because it's expensive and I heard it from someone who told me that some people judge on other people's look at the gym club.

and of course smelly in there because of sweat. that's why I'd rather at home. I remembered one hearie guy gave me free flyer for two weeks membership and he know a little bit sign and fingerspelling. he saw me and my friend sign at fast food restaurant three yrs ago. he work for the gym club. he's a nice guy. I never been a member of gym club. I know I should try it for two weeks free but I didn't want to go and my friend too.
Yes, it's usually expensive... plus they include long-term contracts.

The longer the contract, the more you save... but you're stuck with paying them even when you don't need the workout.

A lot of health clubs have policies where you stuck with paying after you move unless you can prove that you live more than 50 to 60 miles away from their nearest location. (It varies on the company.)

The other problem is putting up with other people who use the equipment. Some people have the respect to clean up after themselves, while others don't.

Usually, the best place to workout would be at private locations... your church... your work... etc. They sometimes provide free access to people who are part of them.

My parent's church have a workout room with all equipments. My brother's church is the same. My friend's dad's office also has a workout room as well. They even have a bathroom for people to shower and change.

I work out at the Y so I can get exercise while my little ones get their social time with other kids in Child Watch few mornings a week. $34 a month for family membership plus I can go to any other Y's almost free.:D

I went to fitness studio including sauna three time a week.

I walk or ride a bicycle a lot.

Alternatives ways of exercising besides having membership for the gym - I have treadmill at home, I have lively dogs that would need to be walked or play games with them outside, do a lot of yard work (I'm into it now, beautifying the backyard with stones, rocks, borders, you name it). Also getting invovled with the community, doing volunteer jobs with the animal shelter - walking the dogs, helping out in maintaining their facility, it never ends here.

Back