Words that look alike when spoken

FireTiger

Reaction score
Words that look alike when spoken?

I was trying to illustrate a point to someone about what happens if you their child has (any type) of processing disorder- and found myself in the usual predicament of being without words...

I was going to frame a sentence giving a short list of directions, and have the 'real' directions written down to show the difference in what is perceived vs what is there.

No/Go/Slow

"Go Running" vs "No Running" was about the best I could do on the spot.

Being really complicated with this person is not an option, her daughter is 'just being lazy' and that's not true- I need mom to get on board with ... everybody else.

I'm usually good at this kinda thing but got stuck.

(ADHD for example like being in a house with all of the TVs and appliances on on different channels and trying to have a conversation through a closed window - as plates fall out of the cupboard and the sink backs up onto the floor)

OR

(RAM is the amount of 'space' you have to do work, remember your desk in school, you could only use one book on them OR one notebook- not both- getting more RAM of the right type is like working at a library table instead, more room, more books more notebooks more work -might/can- get done.)

Can you help?

Numbers like thirteen/thirty, forteen/forty all way to nineteen/ninty.

Some words like bat, cat, mat, sat, rat, pat, fat and hat.

Axe and a**

My mom made that mistake at this haunted house/attraction when I was telling her it smelled like poop (we were downwind from the Portapotties) then a couple seconds later "now it smells like Axe." My mom did NOT get the word "Axe" of my lips.:giggle:

Though that's not something you'd come across in directions... probably not in everyday conversation either.:P

My dad was born in Russia and they did not use the sound 'TH' . My dad would teach me to count to # 'tree'. Dad would tell me to say "One , two, tree!" I did not have a HA yet and had no idea this was wrong and repeat my dad like a good little student, say "One , two, tree!" Dad was so happy ,I sound just like him!!

My dad was born in Russia and they did not use the sound 'TH' . My dad would teach me to count to # 'tree'. Dad would tell me to say "One , two, tree!" I did not have a HA yet and had no idea this was wrong and repeat my dad like a good little student, say "One , two, tree!" Dad was so happy ,I sound just like him!!

Back in my high school days, in choir if you forgot the words you were told to mouth the word "watermelon" to look most convincing.

My ASL 2 teacher found it funny the first week when we reviewed ASL 1 as many kids got coffee, make, and make out mixed up, as well as rape and work. There are others that keep popping up.

Back