Words & Picture In A Letter

Maria

Premium Member
Reaction score
How do I make it for everyone to read when I scan words & pictures in a letter to insert in any thread ? I've tried it a few times and it was hardly to read because, if its limited of pixels. I want to insert sumfin' in my thread "Obesity Epidemic"... Wonderin' if, one of MODS can fix it for me to make it able to read ? Please, help.. LOL

Are you talking about inserting a newslink? Or uploading something from a link? You can do it using Geocities. I think it's what you meant? Bear with me, scan picture and uploading in a thread. I do that with pictures and articles, upload in Geocities and reformat in .txt and upload it. (unless I totally misunderstood you)

Thanks Socrates for respondin'. No, I got a paper that was already printed from the Health Dept. and I scanned it the other day, but when I uploaded it in thread and it says that it's too big, because of its limited to pixels. And, also if, I make it down to 100 x 100 pixels, then, it would be difficult to read. Any idea how to make it to work when readin' better instead of too small in words when it comes to 100 x 100 pixels ?

CyberRed said:
Thanks Socrates for respondin'. No, I got a paper that was already printed from the Health Dept. and I scanned it the other day, but when I uploaded it in thread and it says that it's too big, because of its limited to pixels. And, also if, I make it down to 100 x 100 pixels, then, it would be difficult to read. Any idea how to make it to work when readin' better instead of too small in words when it comes to 100 x 100 pixels ?

I totally get what you meant. You can use Microsoft Picture Editor to resize the paper into the pixels you want for uploading. :) If you resize it down to 100X100 pixels, you will be able to upload it into a thread. I asked my boyfriend and he said to use Microsoft Picture Editor as he works with computers and advised to do this easy approach. Hope it works! :)

Thanks! But, unfortunately, I don't find "Microsoft Picture Editor" in my WinXP Professional. I just went ahead and uploaded in my thread at "Obesity Epidemic". I knew it is hard to read, but ... oh, well. LOL I did try my best. :)

Actually, you're better off converting it into PDF or huge high-quality imaging... then posting a link here to some off-site server. That will help better.

Vampy,

Ahh... alwitey ! I will try it again... thanks! :mrgreen:

Also try to scan with resolution 300 then resize to 1,200 pixels or 1,024 pixels (height size), fonts will be readable but of course, it is depend on what kind of print and such but for me, it usually work well.

You can use irfanview to resize or compress if you don't have the photoshop or whatever image editor you are using to resize or compress. Actually irfanview do the best job than photoshop or any editors on resize/compression. Irfanview is free and you can get it from http://www.irfanview.com/

Hopefully that is helpful for you.

Thanks, Magatsu...

I just posted requestin' you in "Obesity Epidemic". :)

Back