Words of wisdom...

mlkshkgrl

Reaction score
The wise one who knows the subtle truth does not talk, but just wants to do things and be what one is. The one who talks about the subtle truth really does not know it. By stopping the openings, no trouble can enter and no evil energy can attack. By shutting the doors, one shuts off the source of disturbance. By rounding off sharpness, one deeply plants ones spirit as the root; one does not stay on the shallow surface to fight.

In governing your life:
Untie complications and entanglements
Untie all emotional bonds, such as hatred or resentment.
Simplify yourself with self-discipline; this makes confusion dissolve by itself.
Soften the light.
Do not be a Mister or Miss Smart
Identify with your suroundings; do no make yourself a special person.
Do not compete with anyone or anything.

This is called assimilating the subtle truth, or being Heaven. By doing so, no one can get too close to you, and no one can get too far from you. Why? After reaching the subtle truth, you do not engage yin and yang. You surpass the limitation of form and number. You become friends with the creator and with those who are beyond life and death. You avoid beginnings and endings, but live with the universal life at all times, close to all beings and things. No one can keep you particularly far away because you do not find fault in other people. No one can make you feel specially favored. You do not look for support, thus no profit appeals to you. No one can harm you because you hold no opinion about people. No one can make you highly honored; high positions and high money are not enough to honor the wise one; high positions and high money are no longer interesting to the wise one. No one can humiliate you; neither bad nor good treatment from people can change your spiritual focus or direction. Thus, your essence of life is not disturbed when you have subtly assimilated the eternal truth.

:gpost:

I really really liked it. I copied and pasted it for my favorites.

But I need to know who said that?

Meg said:
:gpost:

I really really liked it. I copied and pasted it for my favorites.

But I need to know who said that?

It's from the Esoteric Tao Teh Ching

mlkshkgrl said:
It's from the Esoteric Tao Teh Ching

Ahh thanks..it is something all of us could exercise in our day to day lives. If we all do that, this world will be LESS crazier and LESS angry, etc!!!!!

Back