WOOHOO!!! I am a candidate!!! :]

deafmama78

Reaction score
Welp, I have good news! I'm defintely a candidate! I go back Apr. 17th to meet the surgeon, who'll be doing my CI surgery. He will also be giving me my CAT scan to make sure everything checks out good. Then we'll basically talk & if he feels I'm ready for this, he will go ahead and schedule my surgery. I was told that my rt ear is a bit worse, which I knew anyways. That's the ear I haven't been able to wear a hearing aid, because of problems I faced every time I tried. So, my rt ear is the one we'll be doing first. Then, later on I can choose to get a 2nd one for my left ear. :]

I am soooooo relieved!!! Wahooo!!!!!!!!

Will continue to update thru out my CI journey!

TTYL,
-Deafmama78

Congratulations on the good news and hope it'll all work out nicely and smoothly for you! ;)

~RR

ALLRIGHT!!!! I had a feeling that you were going to be a "no problem" canidate!
Even if it had turned out that you have Meineure's, the treatment for that is probaly very indivdualistic outcome based. Don't really know too much about that......but I mean didn't you say that you'd had it for a long time? That probaly would have had an effect on how well you would have responded to treatment. I do know however that they are using the CI as a Meinure's treatment (they found it gets rid of the tintituas)
Can't remember..........do you have any speech perception at all in your left ear? I'd definitly advise you to experiment after your first CI. Try wearing your hearing aid in your left ear, and see how well that combo benifits you.
Of course, if you have very poor speech perception or whatever......
Just experiment with the left ear to find the best combonation for you. I really think that the CI hearing aid combo vs bilateral CI is going to be very indivdistic, along the lines of digital vs analog, rather then CI vs. hearing aids

Welp, I have good news! I'm defintely a candidate! I go back Apr. 17th to meet the surgeon, who'll be doing my CI surgery. He will also be giving me my CAT scan to make sure everything checks out good. Then we'll basically talk & if he feels I'm ready for this, he will go ahead and schedule my surgery. I was told that my rt ear is a bit worse, which I knew anyways. That's the ear I haven't been able to wear a hearing aid, because of problems I faced every time I tried. So, my rt ear is the one we'll be doing first. Then, later on I can choose to get a 2nd one for my left ear. :]

I am soooooo relieved!!! Wahooo!!!!!!!!

Will continue to update thru out my CI journey!

TTYL,
-Deafmama78

:thumb:

Congratulations and good luck with the rest of your journey deafmama!!!

More good news!!!!

Oh my gosh. I am extremely excited!!! I just found out a few minutes ago that my appt with the surgeon would be next Thursday instead of April 17th!! Isn't that just awesome? :] That means my surgery date could be in April and activation in May, which is what I'm hoping for!!! Woohoo!!!

Will update yall again next Thusday!

Oh my gosh. I am extremely excited!!! I just found out a few minutes ago that my appt with the surgeon would be next Thursday instead of April 17th!! Isn't that just awesome? :] That means my surgery date could be in April and activation in May, which is what I'm hoping for!!! Woohoo!!!

Will update yall again next Thusday!

Fantastic!

Back