wont be on much for the next month

inmate23

Reaction score
Hi

I wont be on much for the next month as I an intestive therapy program but i will be back :evillaugh

I ride horses(since I was two) and was looking at paraequestion as I have cerebral palsy anyway I had a shoulder accendent when I was 12
horse reared I fell backwards and she landed left hoof on my eye and the eyelid dropped(white out) and her right hoof landed on my right shoulder
I have been riding with a adapted reins since I was 8 don't really no why up till then I was riding with standard reins.I want to be able to use standard reins. I saw this video on youtube [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWaG04rA04I]‪Kia Stroke‬‏ - YouTube[/ame] and asked my local hospital if Cit can be done in the local area. The answer was NO!! I was chatting with a mate who used to work at spinal unit and he said if you are as decatied as you sound come up to palmston north and I'll find a couch for you so I fly out on sunday to go do a month of cit. hoping to be able hold standard reins at the end of the month.

Also need to find a riding school who will do safety line cantering lessons

Hope it works out for you. I've heard riding is great therapy.

I hope things go well for you. :)

Hoping your program is exactly what you are looking for -- sending good thoughts your way!

Hope it works out for you. I've heard riding is great therapy.
:roll: but the therapic riding can make you pigoen holed to fast
Yes, but some prefer equestrian activities. j/k

Sorry I gave the wrong impression I am doing the therapy so I can ride better the therapy is so I can ride better(I'm a dressage rider)

Couch? You mean coach?

What's CIT?

I ment coach sorry

How Is CIT Actually Done?
As you can gather from the above, the key intervention in CIMT is forcing a person to use a dysfunctional limb as much as possible. In fact, in stroke survivors who are left with arm dysfunction, the goal is to “force them” to use only the affected arm to perform routine activities such as cooking or getting dressed.
Mittens and arm slings are used to prevent patients from using the intact arm for at least 90% of a person's waking hours. The program carries on for several weeks. In addition, patients participate in intense physical therapy sessions of the affected limb for at least 6 hours per day, up to seven days per week.

Studies have shown that this rigorous program improves function by inducing a functional reorganization of the brain.

Hoping your program is exactly what you are looking for -- sending good thoughts your way!

Thanks

training/level 1 with no special stuff

RDA was keen to keep me in DISABLED(must use adopted reins no cantering) world

my para grade was 1a(walk ONLY)

My second lesson to learn to ride as AB

Worked on transistions within the paces today

Walked and trotted off the rope today

Will canter on the rope not next week(having MRI)hearing related but the week after

After we get to cantering off the rope will begin a transistion peroid to take the clogs OFF

I have NO real world with contact with paralympians anymore

I'm not suited to insulter communites but doesn't change my id as Deafblind+ person

:wave: Good luck with your riding, inmate!

I learned in English a little as a young kid and rode in high school <Western>, really enjoyed it-

I read "insulter" as a typo on "insular."
Oh, OK. That makes more sense. :)

I'm never sure. There are always new social networking phrases popping up that I don't know. I try to keep up but....

Back