Wonderful to be here!

wendywade

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Wendy Wade. I am the grandaughter of two deaf grandparents. Paul and Imogene Maxson. They are both from New York originally but moved to Naples Florida 30 years ago. My grandfather passed away a few years ago and now my grandmother lives close to me in Grants, New Mexico. I live in Edgewood New Mexico. I am a Technical Writing student at the University of New Mexico. Ccurrently I am taking ASL and will follow through to be an ASL interperter. Karen Naughton has been my ASL professor for two semesters now and I have learned a great deal from her. I am working on a project to incorporate a national emergency alert system for the deaf and hearing impaired. I would like to get some type of legislation passed through congress to help implement a system for everyone. Any help or suggestions that anyone may have on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Take Care everyone nice to meet you.
Wendy Wade :lol:

Aw that's cute that you're a granddaug of your two deaf grandparents....;)

Hi Wendy,

Welcome to AD and hope you enjoy this friendly site and you're more then welcome to post with us here in AD! :hug:

And btw, I'm really sorry to hear about your grandfather! :(

Welcome to AD! Hope you will enjoy your stay! I wish I could help you with 'emergency alert system' issue but I don't have any ideas or suggestions at this moment, sorry :/

Back