Wonder if anyone ever gotten electrocuted while working on vechiles

Casperman

Reaction score
other day i was workin on my 1991 Ford Areostar Van and got electrocuted by touching the jumper cables lol.. that bring me memories when i was little and working on old lawn mower.. when i was 7 or so i was fixing old lawn mower with 5 hp that grandpa gave me and i was not thinking and i touched Spark plug by mistake and WHOAAAAAAAAA felt a rush! but i never learned my lesson , later on when i got my first car- 1964 Fairlane 500 with 170 Cid and i was working on tune up and didnt think and touch coil wire and WHoa and i acutally touched it and touched my dad and we both got electrocuted same time. i eventually got a lecture from my grandpa for a hour or so on not touch this and that etc LOl... also had 2 watches destroyed by auto battries.. never wear watch again ever

I think you mean you were shocked. If you were electrocuted you'd be dead.

I once burned myself with a set of melting jumper cables. The rubber part of the wiring was burned into my skin and it took at least a week for the rubber to come out. :eek:

I think you mean you were shocked. If you were electrocuted you'd be dead.

yea they mean shocked.. even the older cars ingition systems were around 70,000 volts but the amps weren't enough to kill you.. just shock you.. newer cars voltage is much higher but the amps are still too low to electrocute you...

yea they mean shocked.. even the older cars ingition systems were around 70,000 volts but the amps weren't enough to kill you.. just shock you.. newer cars voltage is much higher but the amps are still too low to electrocute you...

That's right. It's not the voltage, but the amps that you should be worried about.

Even a 9V battery could kill you if the Amp was set up right.

Back