Women's Wisdom For 2004

pek1

Reaction score
Okay, I know what you're thinking . . . "dude, it's 2007 . . . " But, I think we all need a good laugh after reading the thread regarding what men want and what women want. Now, I did some editing, so enjoy! :D

Women's Wisdom for 2004

A bachelor never quite gets over the idea that he is a thing of beauty and a boy forever.

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

A good many women are good tempered simply because it saves the wrinkles coming too soon.

A husband is what is left of the lover after the nerve has been extracted.

A lady is one who never shows her underwear unintentionally.

A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.

A man’s got to do what a man’s go to do; a woman must do what he can’t.

A man has to be called Attila The Hun to be called ruthless; all a woman has to do is put you on hold.

A man in love is incomplete until he is married. Then he’s finished.

A man’s home may seem to be his castle on the outside; on the inside, it’s more often his nursery.

A sense of humour does not mean you tell him jokes; it means you laugh at his.

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend; a successful woman is one who can find such a man.

A woman can look both moral and exciting – if she also looks as if it was quite a struggle.

A woman has to be twice as good as a man to go half as far.

A woman is like a teabag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.

A woman past forty should make up her mind to be young, not her face.

A woman who will tell her age will tell anything.

A woman’s place is in the House and in the Senate. (GO HILLARY!!! pek1 comment, sorry)

A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes everybody sick.

After thirty, a body has a mind of its own. (And so does a guy's libedo!)

An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have . . . the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.

As you climb the ladder of success, don’t let the boys look up your dress.

As you get older, the pickings get slimmer, but the women don’t.

Before marriage a man will lie awake all night thinking about something you said; after marriage he will fall asleep before you have finished saying it.

Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Behind every successful woman is a basket of dirty laundry (and a man who washes it).

Best way to get a man to do something: Suggest he's too old for it.

Boys will be boys, but girls will be women.

Can you imagine a world without men? No crime and lots of happy, and really fat women.

The children of Israel wandered in the desert for 40 years. Even in biblical times, men wouldn't ask for directions (because all the women were giving advice where they should go next).

Cleaning your house while the kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.

The cock may crow, but it’s the hen that lays the eggs.

Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth.

Definition of a bachelor: A man who has missed the opportunity to make some woman miserable. Same applies to an old maid. :)

Don’t be humble – you’re not that great.

Expecting life to treat you well because you are a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

Experience is a good teacher, but she sends in terrific bills.

Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day; Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him for the whole weekend.

Go for younger men. You might as well - they never mature anyway.

Guilt is the price we pay willingly for doing what we are going to do anyway.

The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy.

She talked and talked because she didn’t know what to say.

He who laughs, lasts.

How could I possibly overthrow the government when I can’t even keep my dog down?

I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.

I can sometimes deal with men as equals and therefore can afford to like them.

I do not refer to myself as a ‘housewife’ for the reason that I did not marry a house.

I go for two kinds of men: The kind with muscles, and the kind without.

I hate housework! You make the beds, you do the dishes – and six months later you have to start all over again.

I like women to behave like women – strong and childish.

I love the male body – it’s better designed than the male mind.

I refuse to think of them as chin hairs - I think of them as stray eyebrows.

I rely on my personality for birth control.

I require 3 things in a man: He must be handsome, ruthless, and stupid.

I think being a woman is like being Irish . . . everyone says you’re important and nice but you take second place all the time.

I think, therefore I’m single.

I used to dread getting older because I thought I would not be able to do all the things I wanted to do, but now that I am older I find that I don’t want to do them.

I want to have children, but my friends scare me. One of my friends told me she was in labor for 36 hours. I don’t even want to do anything that feels good for 36 hours.

I’d like to grow very old as slowly as possible.

If he asks what sort of books you're interested in, tell him checkbooks.

If high heels were so wonderful, men would be wearing them.

If it wasn’t for women, men would still be hanging from trees.

If men run the world, why do they wear neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your neck?

If the world were a logical place, men would ride sidesaddle.

If they can put a man on the moon, why can’t they put all of them there?

If we could sell our experiences for what they cost us we’d be millionaires.

If you can keep your head about you when all about you are losing theirs, it’s just possible you haven’t grasped the situation.

If you don’t act as if your name were on the door, it never will be.

If you obey all the rules, you'd miss all the fun.

If you want a committed man, look in a mental hospital.

I’m extraordinarily patient provided I get my own way in the end.

I’m furious about Women’s Libbers. They keep getting up on soapboxes and proclaiming that women are brighter than men. That’s true, but it should be kept very quiet or it ruins the whole racket.

I’m having trouble managing the mansion. What I need is a wife.

I’m just a person trapped inside a woman’s body.

I’m like old wine . . . they don’t bring me out very often, but I’m well preserved.

I’m not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I’m not dumb… and I also know that I’m not blonde. Dolly Parton

I’m the foe of moderation, the champion of excess . . . I’d rather be strongly wrong than weakly right.

I’m tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin deep – what’s deep enough? What do you want – an adorable pancreas?

The important thing in acting is to be able to laugh and cry. If I have to cry, I think of my sex life; If I have to laugh, I think of my sex life.

In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done, ask a woman.

In times of great stress, such as a four-day vacation, the thin veneer of family unity wears off almost at once and we are revealed in our true personalities.

Instant gratification takes too long.

Is sexual harassment at work a problem for the self-employed?

It’s a man’s world, and you men can have it.

It’s like magic . . . when you live by yourself, all your annoying habits are gone!

It’s never too late to be what you might have been.

It’s not easy being a mother . . . if it were easy, fathers would do it.

It’s not how old you are, but how you are old.

It’s not the having, it’s the getting.

It’s the good girls who keep the diaries; the bad girls never have the time.

I’ve been on a calendar, but never on time.

I’ve been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I’ve lost a total of 876pounds. By all accounts, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet.

I’ve been rich and I’ve been poor. Rich is better.

I’ve often wished I’d had time to cultivate modesty . . . but I’m too busy thinking about myself.

Just being in a room with myself is almost more stimulation than I can bear.

Just remember – we’re all in this alone.

Lead me not into temptation . . . I can find the way myself.

Life is easier than you think . . . all that is necessary is to accept the impossible, do without the indispensable, and bear the intolerable.

Life is something to do when you can’t get to sleep.

Life’s a rash, and then there’s death and the itching’s over.

Love is blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener.

Love is much nicer to be in than an automobile accident, a tight girdle, a higher tax bracket, or a holding pattern over Toronto.

Love is a fire . . . you can never tell whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house.

Love never dies of starvation, but often of indigestion.

The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness and kindness, can be trained to do most things.

Macho does not prove mucho.

Man forgives woman anything save the wit to outwit him.

Marriage: The beginning and the end are wonderful . . . but the middle part is hell.

Marriage is a bargain, and somebody has to get the worst of a bargain.

Marriage is a great institution, but I’m not ready for an institution.

Marriage is the only thing that affords a woman the pleasure of company and the prefect sensation of solitude at the same time.

Marrying a man is like buying something you’ve been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn’t always go with everything else in the house.

Men are all the same - they just have different faces so that you can tell them apart.

Men are not opposed to women working, just against their being paid for it.

Men weren’t really the enemy – they were fellow victims suffering from an outmoded masculine mystique that made them feel unnecessarily inadequate when there were no bears to kill.

Men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage – they’ve experienced pain and bought jewelry.

Money isn’t everything, but it ranks right up there with oxygen.

The most effective form of birth control I know is spending the day with my kids.

My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child . . . we can’t decide whether to ruin the carpet or ruin our lives.

My husband and I have figured out a really god system about the housework: Neither one of us does it.

My idea of superwoman is someone who scrubs her own floors.

My mother always told me I wouldn’t amount to anything because I procrastinate. I said, “Just wait.”

My mother said it was simple to keep a man: You must be a maid in the living room; a cook in the kitchen; and a whore in the bedroom. I said I’d hire the other two and take care of the bedroom bit.

Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.

Never let your man's mind wander - it's too little to be out alone.

Ninety-eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hard-working, honest Americans. It’s the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then . . . we elected them.

No matter how cynical you get, it’s impossible to keep up.

Not all women give most of their waking thoughts to the problem of pleasing men . . . some are married.

Not only is life a bitch, it has puppies.

One reason I don’t drink is I want to know when I’m having a good time.

The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

The only thing I like about rich people is their money.

The only time a woman really succeeds in changing a man is when he’s a baby.

The opposite of talking isn’t listening; the opposite of talking is waiting.

People would have more leisure time if it weren’t for all the leisure-time activities that use it up.

Perhaps one has to be very old before one learns how to be amused rather than shocked.

Personally, I know nothing about sex because I’ve always been married.

Plain women know more about men than beautiful ones do.

Powerful men often succeed through the help of their wives. Powerful women only succeed in spite of their husbands.

Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs.

Reality is the leading cause of stress for those in touch with it.

The really frightening thing about middle age is the knowledge that you’ll grow out of it.

The reason there are so few female politicians is that it is too much trouble to put makeup on two faces.

Remember that as a teenager you are at the last stage in your life when you will be happy to hear that the phone is for you.

Sadly, all men are created equal.

Salary is no object . . . I want only enough to keep body and soul apart.

Science may carry us to Mars, but it will leave the earth populated as ever by the inept.

Self-esteem isn’t everything; it’s just that there’s nothing without it.

Sex appeal is 50% what you’ve got and 50% what people think you’ve got.

She runs the gamut of emotions from A to B.

She didn’t know it couldn’t be done so she went ahead and did it.

She’s the kind of girl who climbed the ladder of success, wrong by wrong.

Show me a woman who doesn’t feel guilty and I’ll show you a man.

Some minds remain open long enough for the truth not only to enter but to pass on through by way of a ready exit without pausing anywhere along the route.

Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry.

Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world.

Speak up for yourself, or you’ll end up a rug.

Success didn’t spoil me – I’ve always been insufferable.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they are okay, then it’s you.

The telephone is a good way to talk to people without having to buy them a drink.

Television has proved that people will look at anything rather than each other.

The surest way to be alone is to get married.

There are far too many men in politics and not enough elsewhere.

There are no old people nowadays – they are either “wonderful for their age” or dead.

There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it.

There is so little difference between husbands, you might as well keep the first.

They say getting thin is the best revenge . . . Success is much better.

They say women talk too much. If you have worked with politicians you know that the filibuster was invented by men.

Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.

The tombstone is the only thing that can stand upright and lie on its face at the same time.

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing – and then marry him.

Trust your husband – adore your husband, and get as much as you can in your name.

The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you’re still a rat.

Unfortunately, sometimes people don’t hear you until you scream.

Until you’ve lost your reputation, you never realize what a burden it was or what freedom really is.

Violet will be a good color for hair at just about the same time that brunette becomes a good color for flowers.

We had a lot in common – I loved him and he loved him.

We thought we were running away from the grown-ups, and now we are the grown-ups.

What do you do if your boyfriend walks out? You shut the door. Do you do the same thing when your girlfriend leaves? You bet! Make sure, though, that the door doesn't hit her on the ass on the way out!

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good . . . luckily, this is not difficult.

When a girl marries, she exchanges the attention of many men for the inattention of one.

When a woman behaves like a man, why doesn’t she behave like a nice man?

When faced with a decision, I always ask, “What would be the most fun?”

When fate’s got it in for you, there’s no limit to what you may have to put up with.

When women get depressed they either eat or go shopping; Men invade another country.

When women go wrong, men go right after them.

When you have no problems, you’re dead.

Whenever I date a guy, I think, “Is this the man I want my children to spend their weekends with?”

Whenever one of us falls in love, our friends watch as they would the progress of a disease.

Whenever you see food beautifully arranged on a plate, you know someone’s fingers have been all over it.

While forbidden fruit is said to taste sweeter, it usually spoils faster.

Who ever thought up the word mammogram? Every time I hear it, I think I’m supposed to put my breast in an envelope and mail it to someone.

Why do grandparents and grandchildren get along so well? They have the same enemy – the parents.

Woman’s rule of thumb: If it has tires or testicles, you’re going to have trouble with it. Man's rule of thumb: If it has tires or tits, you're going to have trouble with it.

Women and elephants never forget.

Women are in the military, but they don’t put us in the front lines – they don’t think we can fight. I think we can – all the general has to do is walk over to the women and say, “You see the enemy over there? They say you look fat in those uniforms.”

Women don't make fools of men - most of them are the do-it-yourself types.

Women might be able to fake orgasms, but men can fake entire relationships.

Women want men, careers, money, children, friends, luxury, comfort, independence, freedom, respect, love and three-dollar pantyhose that won’t run.

Women who aspire to be as good as men lack ambition.

The women who do the most work get the least money, and the women who have the most money do the least work.

Years ago, fairy tales began with “Once upon a time . . . ” Now they all begin with “”If I am elected.”

You can’t put a price tag on love, but you can on all its accessories.

You grow up the day you have your first real laugh – at yourself.

You’d be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap.

nice wisdoms!

i liek the one.. I do not refer to myself as a ‘housewife’ for the reason that I did not marry a house.

sooo true! lol...

Everything was so British in the original so I changed them and tried to slim it down some. Glad you liked them! :)

Back