Women don't want men? Ha!

Gamer12

Reaction score
The recent census data finding that for the first time the majority of American women are unmarried is being greeted in a largely celebratory tone. One newspaper explains, "Who needs a man? Not most women." MSNBC warns, "Watch out, men! More women opt to live alone." CBS says, "More women saying `I don't.'" One newspaper cartoon depicts a happily divorced woman remembering her ex-husband bellowing, "Where's my dinner?! Iron my shirts!! Lose weight!!!" Several others depict women pondering the single life as their fat, lazy husbands drink beer and watch TV sports. One female blogger summed up the female blogosphere's reaction--"Hurray for all single women! You go girls!"

The message is clear--men don't measure up, and are no longer needed nor often even wanted. Since women have careers now, we are told, men's traditional contribution--financial support--has become largely irrelevant, and men do not now nor did they ever contribute much more than that.

In reality, men give a lot to their families--as much as women do. The current trend away from marriage and toward divorce and/or remaining single has more to do with overcritical women and their excessive expectations than it does with unsuitable men.

The most common charge leveled at men is that they don't hold up their end in the home. Men do work, many critics say, but women work too, and also do most of the child-care and housework--the "second shift."

Research contradicts this. Census data show that only 40 percent of married women with children under 18 work full-time, and more than a quarter do not hold a job outside the home. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' 2004 Time Use Survey, men spend 1 1/2 times as many hours working as women do, and full-time employed men still work significantly more hours than full-time employed women. When work outside the home and inside the home are properly considered, it is clear that men do at least as much as women. A 2002 University of Michigan Institute for Social Research survey found that women do 11 more hours of housework a week than men, but men work at their jobs 14 hours a week more than women. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, men's total time at leisure, sleeping, doing personal-care activities or socializing is a statistically meaningless 1 percent higher than women's. The Families and Work Institute in New York City found that fathers, despite their greater market labor load, provide three-fourths as much child-care as mothers do. And these studies do not account for the fact, strongly supported by federal Department of Labor data, that men's jobs tend to be more dangerous and physically straining than women's.

To what, then, do we attribute women's discontent with marriage and relationships, and the fact that they initiate the vast majority of divorces? A new Woman's Day magazine poll found that 56 percent of married women would not or might not marry their husbands if they could choose again.

Nobody would dispute that, in selecting a mate, women are more discerning than men. This is an evolutionary necessity--a woman must carefully evaluate who is likely to remain loyal to her and protect and provide for her and her children. If a man and a woman go on a blind date and don't hit it off, the man will shrug and say "it went OK." The woman will give five reasons why he's not right for her.

A woman's discerning, critical nature doesn't disappear on her wedding day. Most marital problems and marriage counseling sessions revolve around why the wife is unhappy with her husband, even though they could just as easily be about why the husband is unhappy with the wife. In this common pre-divorce scenario there are only two possibilities--either she's a great wife and he's a lousy husband, or she's far more critical of him than he is of her. Usually it's the latter.

Despite last week's media homilies, it's doubtful that many men or women are truly happy alone. Much of women's cheerful "I don't need a man/I love my cats" reaction has a hollow ring to it, and sounds a lot more like whistling in the dark than a celebration.

Yes, there are some men who make poor mates, but not nearly enough to account for the divorce epidemic and the decline of marriage. While it's easy to blame men, many of the wounds women bear from failed relationships and loneliness are self-inflicted.

bolded = quoted for truth. i was told the same thing by several 35ish years old and older women I knew or met.

women - your take? yes, i know i'm a jerk for posting this editorial.
men - your thoughts?

Last edited:
lol i dont believe this damn story, i knew mostly woman has same plms as like men too. MSNBC is blind! i did wash clothes, clean around the house, wash the dishes while my wife in bed. she is working 3 shift.

marriage= stress... :P that's what i think... some men are old fashioned minds... want women to do EVERYTHING for them.. but me.. no I prefer a guy who can take care of himself and can cook and etc... and unlike for me I don't cook that much but eventually soon I have to change that.. cuz i don't want people think I'm spoiled brat...and it stressed me out thinking that i will never be perfect woman. but ah likewise.. nobody is born to be perfect so go figures. :roll:

bingo

men can't handle the relationships when women wanted and men just break off when they don't get it from women

sighs :roll:

I think men who order women to iron cook wash etc are in need of a mother.....they act all tough like they is all that when deep down they need thier mommy. phht
yes in my experience lot of women have an 'irrational expectation' problem. Havin a crappy day.......oh is it all my fault?
Seems this day and age of 'instant and constant gratifications' screwing things up in more ways than one. spoiled spoiled spoiled

Well, where do I fit in?

I raised my 3 kids, cooked, cleaned house, driving kids to sporting events while I support my wife (now an EX) in graduate school.

Maybe NBC should do a research on how ALL Women have problem with shopping.... shopping when they do not need anything...

This is as bad as stereotyping men as lazy bunches who order their women around.

indeed. :o

there's no equality of 50/50 percents in relationships in this world. none of it.

we just can't keep 50-50 qualities for our exceeding of prospects in everything.

but IMO, women wanted to independent so that we can take care of ourselves without feeling any badder or bored to taking care after the other.

we likes to work hard for ourselves to keep ourselves in mind, soul & body to be healthier.

like the lyrics some singers sang their pride of being independent:

Destiny's Child - "Independent Women"
The shoes on my feet
I've bought it
The clothes I'm wearing
I've bought it
The rock I'm rockin'
'Cause I depend on me
If I wanted the watch you're wearin'
I'll buy it
The house I live in
I've bought it
The car I'm driving
I've bought it
I depend on me
(I depend on me)

All the women who are independent
Throw your hands up at me
All the honeys who makin' money
All the mommas who profit dollas
All the ladies who truly feel me

& there's other some lyrics could be offensive.

Salt 'N Pepa - "Independent"
Woman and I am independent
I make my own money so don't tell me how to spend it
Cuz you need me, and I don't need you
So listen close, boy, to my independent funk
Yeah, so funky, so funky

No, no, no more nookie for you cuz I gave ya the boot
Go ahead and go in your Yugo, gonna miss the Benz Coupe, hometroop
Who's supportin' ya now?
Got a job or do ya rob? I heard you're sellin' drugs - wow
Big man, huh? But just understand Uncle Sam know the scam
You'll end up in the can
Singin' a sad song cuz you did me wrong
Couldn't fool me for long, I got it goin' on
I'm independent

Yes, I am independent

You're a baby so maybe you just needed a babysitter
Bitter? I figure I'm rid of a piece of litter
Tiger, tigger, I bounce back, and you're a quitter
Your girl is gone for good so just forget her
You're blind, you'll never find another better
Your mind stays on a behind in a tight sweater
Burned your flowers and your love letters
Never a tear will I shed
I'm independent

can anybody understood what I mean based on why women want to be independent?

:ty:

Last edited:
bolded = quoted for truth. i was told the same thing by several 35ish years old and older women I knew or met.

women - your take? yes, i know i'm a jerk for posting this editorial.
men - your thoughts?

i dont buy this story :bsflag:

I think it's funny. My thoughts; indifferent. If chicks wanna live alone, let em. If they're not truly happy and just do it for whatever reason I laugh, frankly I don't care. Theres plenty of other women who DO want to date/etc. I'll leave them to their 50 buck rabbit vibrators and cats named muffy.

Back