Women, 70 and up, pose nude for charity

rockin'robin

Reaction score
CRAVEN COUNTY -- You've heard of folks posing nude for calendars, well, now we have a dozen local women with their own calendar, but here's the catch -- they are all more than 70 years old.

Twelve women from New Bern showed off their birthday suits, all for the sake of charity.

Strategically placed objects hid the ladies' most sensitive areas. Bev Fawcett said got the idea from the movie "Calendar Girls."

"Everybody just went crazy over it, and we thought we might get run out of town, but we didn't," Fawcett said. Initially (the women we asked to be in the calendar) were horrified and say they couldn't possibly, and as we talked a little bit they said why not."

The first calendar came out in 2008, this is the second installment.

"That was going to be the one and only one we did. Well here I sit. Got talked into doing it again and we just had the best time," Fawcett said.

Profits from the $15 calendars will go to two local charities: M.E.R.C.I Clinic and Religious Community Services.

The calender girls will have a signing on July 19. They will be at Port City Java in New Bern, and gentlemen, sorry to disappoint, but they will be fully clothed.

Women, 70 and up, pose nude for charity - News Story - WCTI New Bern

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

:shock: are they serious?

I saw a documentary about this on one of the cable stations. I was surprised, but with lighting and drapes, etc., the pics were really tasteful. Don't think it is something I would ever do at their age...or my age now, either, lol.

Well, my opinion is that if an older woman takes care of their bodies (and a lot of them do)...and are proud of it...then let 'em strut their stuff!

I have a neighbor who is 69...and all I can say is "My Gawd!"...she sunbathes in a bikini...and looks fabulous....She has great skin, exercises and walks, always doing something. Her husband, at age 64, looks good also and works 6 days a week.

I wonder if they're actually getting paid to not sell these things. ;)

There was movie about some women doing this. I can't think of the name of the movie !

Hey, you'll be old one day too.

Yep...just what I was gonna say...everybody will get wrinkles and saggy skin...and still love their spouse regardless.

I feel that everybody has a responsibiity to themselves to watch their weight, being clean and attractive to their mates, no matter the age.

Hey, you'll be old one day too.

That reminded me of something that happen to me years ago at a shoes store! I was with a friend and trying to find some shoes I liked in the store. I said to my friend "there is nothing here only shoes for little old ladies!" and a 'little old lady' heard me and said " You'll will be a little old lady some day too!" And guess what she was right! LOL!!

Back