woman says she is victim of Facebook cyber stalking

rockin'robin

Reaction score
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Tammy Valenzuela is a Facebook user and she said she no longer enjoys her social media.

"My ex-husband's wife bullies me everyday," she said.

Valenzuela said she has heard of cyber-stalking before, but now she knows what it is like to be a victim.

"We are two adults and it has been 20 years I have been divorced from my husband," said Valenzuela. "Why do you constantly go every day like we are 15-year-olds."

Valenzuela said she has complained to Facebook, blocked the person who is allegedly harassing her, but it has yet to stop.

"I stay stressed every day because it is something everyday," she said.

The comments are not blatant threats, but Valenzuela said they are insulting and they are harassing.

"My husband is a Dominican with a dark complexion and she calls him the N word," she said," I'm an N lover, I'm fat, I'm this."

Lee Lockett is an attorney that handles cyber stalking cases.

"If you feel you're the victim of one of two instances, in some cases could amount to stalking or harassment," said Lockett.

Lockett has seen his share of clients with complaints similar to Valenzuela, and he said the law takes cyber stalking seriously.

"(Cyber stalking) can now be criminalized and if it rises to an egregious level," said Lockett. "It can be filed as a second degree felony."

He said what Valenzuela needs to do is the same thing anyone being harassed on social media should do.

"If you're feeling like that, the best place to start is either the clerk's office or the state's attorney's office and inquire about a domestic injunction," said Lockett.

Valenzuela said she is ready to put an end to the harassment on Facebook before it escalates.

"Just let me live a peaceful life. That's all I'm asking for," said Valenzuela.

Make no mistake: Cyber stalking includes sending threats or false accusations, repeatedly, and in most cases the person is not a stranger.

First for you, here's how to prevent it:

-Be careful what personal information you share on social sites like Facebook and Twitter.

-Check your privacy settings often to see if their up to date.

-If there's harassment, contact the harasser's internet service provider. An ISP can close their account.

-Keep all communications as evidence and file a police report.

Jacksonville woman says she is victim of Facebook cyber stalking | firstcoastnews.com

I was a victim myself. My ex-fiancee stalked me all over the US years ago.

And yeah, I've read this news and I was thinking about my experience :ugh:

I just realized about FB stalkers. Reason why my parents saw newspaper something happen about Facebook/Twitter/MySpace to forbid me to have Facebook. However, if that's case someone bully/bothers you on FB, why don't you just block someone simply?

Sigh so even school kids want to make fake FB account to troll outcast people. Smh... If I saw something happen, I shouldve better stopped them.

Cyberbullying sucks.

Wirelessly posted

Lukin said:
I was a victim myself. My ex-fiancee stalked me all over the US years ago.

And yeah, I've read this news and I was thinking about my experience :ugh:

I had the same situation in 2001. It was a nightmare. I feel you.

Wirelessly posted

She needs to get over her ex- husband for one thing and second, she needs to move on with her own life. Some people need to accept an ex is an ex
and leave it as that.

Back