Woman 'marries' dolphin

Nancy

Reaction score
Woman 'marries' dolphin

URL: http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1857229,00.html

Jerusalem - Sharon Tendler met Cindy 15 years ago. She said it was love at first sight. This week she finally took the plunge and proposed. The lucky "guy" plunged right back.

In a modest ceremony at Dolphin Reef in the southern Israeli port of Eilat, Tendler, a 41-year-old British citizen, apparently became the world's first person to "marry" a dolphin.

Dressed in a white dress, a veil and pink flowers in her hair, Tendler got down on one knee on the dock and gave Cindy a kiss. And a piece of herring.

"It's not a perverted thing. I do love this dolphin. He's the love of my life," she said on Saturday, upon her return to London.

Tendler, who said she imports clothes and promotes rock bands in England, has visited Israel several times a year since first meeting the dolphin.

When asked in the past if she had a boyfriend, she would always reply, "No. I'm going to end up with Cindy."

On Wednesday, she made it official, sort of. While she acknowledged the "wedding" had no legal bearing she did say it reflected her deep feelings toward the bottlenosed, 35-year-old object of her affection.

"It's not a bad thing. It just something that we did because I love him, but not in the way that you love a man. It's just a pure love that I have for this animal," she said.

While she still kept open the option of "marrying human" at some stage, she said for now she was strictly a "one-dolphin woman."

She's hardly the jealous type, though.

"He will still play with all the other girls there," she said, of their prenuptial agreement. "I hope he has a lot of baby dolphins with the other dolphins. The more dolphins the better."

Ooooh how sweeeeeet! That is really a lovely story!

Gosh is she whacked or what?? :crazy:

:ugh: What's next? Is she going to sleep with the dolphin? I never heard a human being fell in love with animals calling it pure love. Oh okay.

Me wonder if she will think next of making babies with her new hubby the dolphin :-o

I assume they are just doing it as a joke even though she does really love the dolphin, but proably dont do anything "funny" with that mammal anyway.

Part of the problem with interspecieal relationships is not that there's something inherently wrong with the idea, but that intelligent communication between humans and other animals is at the moment impossible. It's hard to say if other animals are conscious or not (or if humans are, for that matter). If it can be determined that animals other than humans can be determined to be intelligent and conscious, and the communication barrier broken down, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I've always said that there's nothing principally wrong with the idea of relationships with other animals, or even with children, other than the fact that the child or animal might not actually understand what is going on completely and, of course, any forced sexual contact is rape, regardless of the species or age of the person. If the issues of consciousness, awareness and education could be solved, I wouldn't see a problem with it... But until the problems are resolved, the actions should, of course, be illegal.

If you want to condemn me or flame me or something, go ahead.

:crazy: How can humans and animals produce a baby.. thats insane... I would never marry an animal.. thats plain sickening... even how can they have sex??? wonder if dolphins ever have a penis? I haven't seen one at the zoo....

racheleggert said:
wonder if dolphins ever have a penis? I haven't seen one at the zoo....

All animals that reproduce sexually have sex organs... The layout of the internal ones tends to vary, and the means to how they're used does also, but penises and vaginae are pretty consistent in presence and shape.

I don't know where exactly a male dolphin's penis would be (maybe there's a flap of skin that covers it up? no idea on this one), but it's there somewhere.

Too bad.. marriage is between a man and a woman. That wont be an eternal marriage. People are so stupid.

Catmandu said:
Ooooh how sweeeeeet! That is really a lovely story!

Gosh is she whacked or what?? :crazy:

:giggle: I can't image to live with animal as wife and husband... :eek2:

Back