woman made kid steal purse

Kateweb

Reaction score
Caught On Camera: Woman Has Girl Steal Purse - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis
thirs a link on on the story for video of the women directing the kid to steal the purse.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Police were looking Thursday for a woman they said was caught on camera telling a young girl to steal a purse at an Indianapolis Chuck E. Cheese's restaurant.

Amanda Harrington, 38, called police from the East 82nd Street restaurant on Sunday afternoon after she said her purse had been taken, Sgt. Lt. Jeffrey Duhamell said.

Video: Surveillance Video Shows Purse Snatching

According to the police report, when the officer reviewed the restaurant's surveillance video, it showed a woman telling a girl thought to be about 5 years old to walk to a table and grab a purse.

The girl took the purse and then walked toward an exit, while the woman walked the other way, police said.

Harrington told 6News' Rick Hightower that the entire ordeal is incredible.

"I'm just dumbfounded that it's about the little girl. I'm so angry what she's teaching this little girl," she said. "I'm teaching my kids not to steal, and she's clearly telling that little girl to go get my purse."

The girl was later seen back in the restaurant playing. Another young child was also with the woman, girl and a man, police said.

"She comes back in, and they're probably playing with my money," Harrington said.

As the woman, girl and man left the restaurant, the purse wasn't visible, but it appeared something was being hidden underneath a coat.

"We're concerned about the well-being of the children. We're not concerned about them being a suspect, because they have no idea what criminal intent is, they're just doing what mom tells them to do," Duhamell said. "That's disturbing in itself."

Harrington said her wallet, driver's license, credit cards, phone and tax-related papers were in her purse.

Police think the group might have done the same thing before.

"To look at how it went down, it's like they had planned it," Duhamell said. "It leads me to believe they've definitely done this before."

No additional information about the woman was provided. Police asked anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.

Copyright 2010 by TheIndyChannel.com All rights reserved.

This is very sickening to even read much less know parents use their own children to rob.

I'll be damned if those parents claim the economy is the reason.

woot got another vid to youtube ( yeah I know the women who got her purse stolen )
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcX6Zhvcre4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Woman Directs Child to Snatch Purse[/ame]

My gosh! I cannot believe a parent would do that! That child really does not know she is doing anything wrong because she is just doing what her mom tells her. I hope the mother gets caught soon!

Terrible! The kid will grow up stealing & lieing and probably wind up in jail sooner or later.

I wish i can go up to that woman and tell her that she is a travesty to society!

Makes you wonder what other criminal activities she make her kids do...

That is F'd up man!!!! As much as I hate to say it that woman should have her child taken from her and then she should be locked up for 5 years to think about how stupid she is.

A friend told me the other day, that a lady she knows, went to BK with her kids. She kept empty BK cups in the car, took them inside BK and went up to the counter "asking for a refill."...She would also eat half of a Burger, go to the counter and complain about the taste, and demand another one.

These types of people seem to think they are "entitled"!...And beat into their kids heads that it's OK! to lie, steal & cheat....because "everybody else does it."

People even go into stores wearing old shoes, find a new pair they want, and walk out with them, leaving the old shoes by the shoe rack.
It really disgusts me!

Right. What the thieves end up doing is driving up the cost for the honest people. I am glad there are more and more cameras around to catch these idiots.

We're in a recession and people do crazy stuff now. Some people would go out and steal expensive car parts and sell them on eBay to make money. It's pathetic...

this story is totally sicko and its wrong!!

im sure parents must watch for purse or wallet they wont stealing or missing if teenager kids or children took money from parents and never know!! Must ask first or nothing!!

im learn from nanny911 on tv that one of kids took money from parent's wallet that wrong and no excuse but im sure mom must put somewhere to safe their purse on top or wont let kids took it!! IF parents busted their kids and got punish they no allowance PEROID!!

many million teenager kids always steal everythings from stores and no security at mall or stores but its hard!! In states its warns..

:nono: that is very bad! I saw something like this happen when I used to work for Target.

That is so wrong on so many levels. The children will grow up to be criminals if their parents continue to make their children steal. Sad. They are grooming their children for a future in PRISON!

That's sad that kids have to learn like this stuffs. i m sure that in old times, parents taught kid show to steal food as well. but today, kids' names will on the record in many people's eyes which is sadder.

That's sad that kids have to learn like this stuffs. i m sure that in old times, parents taught kid show to steal food as well. but today, kids' names will on the record in many people's eyes which is sadder.

I am sure there are still parents teaching their kids to steal food nowadays.

Back