Woman Has 119 Nails Removed From Stomach

Oceanbreeze

Reaction score
Take a look at this! What is WRONG with people?

119 Nails Removed From Woman's Stomach

AP
HANOI, Vietnam (July 1) - Physicians removed 119 nails - many of them rusty - from a woman's stomach months after she apparently swallowed them, a doctor said.

The 43-year-old woman arrived Wednesday at Hospital No. 121 in the southern city of Can Tho City, complaining of a severe stomachache, Dr. Tran Van Nam said Friday.

"After having her stomach X-rayed and scanned, we found a stack of strange objects and decided to operate as soon as possible," he said.

During surgery, doctors removed 119 nails, each about 3 inches long. Many were rusty, indicating they could have been in her stomach for months, Nam said.

The woman's stomach was scratched by the nails, but she did not suffer any major injuries, he said.

"Her life is not at risk now, and she is recovering," Nam said, adding that the patient was expected to be discharged soon.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
07/01/06 07:45 EDTTop News Headlines

Gee that woman was extremely lucky to be alive!!
I wonder why she swallowed the nails in the first place?

I bite my nails all the time but I dont eat them I spit it in the trash! GROSS

RoyalMajesty said:
I bite my nails all the time but I dont eat them I spit it in the trash! GROSS

Fingernails are different and I bite mine too...I think 25% or so of the population does that.

These were actual metal nails.

ButterflyGirl said:
Gee that woman was extremely lucky to be alive!!
I wonder why she swallowed the nails in the first place?
I think it has something to do with her being mentally handicapped. She wasn't thinking and swallowed them. That's what I read somewhere else.

wow.. rusty nails? thats disgusting. i cant imagine eating that? not me!

that lady sure need help, big time! :ugh3:

Hmmm perhaps she was hungry. Or had an iron deficiency hahaha. Thailand? She probably whipped up a little Nails with Pad Thai, or made a nice little Kafir Lime Sauce over them.

Guts full o' nails and a loose nut. Nice combination.

Hmmm perhaps she was hungry. Or had an iron deficiency hahaha. Thailand? She probably whipped up a little Nails with Pad Thai, or made a nice little Kafir Lime Sauce over them.

Guts full o' nails and a loose nut. Nice combination.

*snorting with laughter*

Or maybe she thought that's what was meant when someone told her to stop biting her nails...she just started swallowing them whole...who knows...at any rate, send them nails over, rusty or not, I have some pictures that need hanging.

Find me the fella who swallowed a hammer and I'm all set!

Back