Without judged to anyone

kuifje75 said:
they can have this feeling that they are better and above others. :nono:

Very True, I've seen that lately!...

(Jesus:) "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged"

LUNZ said:
(Jesus:) "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged"

hmm.. what about the parents. Do they ever judge on their own son/daughter?
I wasn't sure they judge us or not. :|

Cheri, yes, I understand what you are saying because too many other people hold that same view but I respectfully disagree; children are not mature enough to make major decisions. That's what parents are for and it is their right, right or wrong. They do what they think is the best for their child in all things. Specific to the CI, it is widely known that language development occurs best at a young age when their brain is plastic; the younger the better for that development. Sure, there are failures; I believe I read the failure rate is less than 1%. Some others count the implantees who do not work hard & persevere at learning how to hear/talk, going for mapping, taking advantage of strategies to get the most out of this training and count them as failures which skews the % rate. So the theory is: the younger, the better, not later in life where the failure rate is higher I'm sure. This is putting it simply for me cuz we can talk till the cows come home! Again, it is not only the parents' right but it is their obligation to raise their child to the very best of their abilities. They should not be scorned and ridiculed. I am sure you wouldn't want other people or, heaven forbid, the government to tell you, as a mother, how to raise your child, would you? I think not.....

illustrator said:
hmm.. what about the parents. Do they ever judge on their own son/daughter?
I wasn't sure they judge us or not. :|

because the children is under the roof like God. The children is stupid like us. God is our parent and question God what's right from wrong. :nana:

Tousi said:
Cheri, yes, I understand what you are saying because too many other people hold that same view but I respectfully disagree; children are not mature enough to make major decisions. That's what parents are for and it is their right, right or wrong. They do what they think is the best for their child in all things. Specific to the CI, it is widely known that language development occurs best at a young age when their brain is plastic; the younger the better for that development. Sure, there are failures; I believe I read the failure rate is less than 1%. Some others count the implantees who do not work hard & persevere at learning how to hear/talk, going for mapping, taking advantage of strategies to get the most out of this training and count them as failures which skews the % rate. So the theory is: the younger, the better, not later in life where the failure rate is higher I'm sure. This is putting it simply for me cuz we can talk till the cows come home! Again, it is not only the parents' right but it is their obligation to raise their child to the very best of their abilities. They should not be scorned and ridiculed. I am sure you wouldn't want other people or, heaven forbid, the government to tell you, as a mother, how to raise your child, would you? I think not.....

Hum. Supposedly, A Parent have a deaf child and A Parent says. I should get my child CI cuz I want my child to hear and be able to use her or his voice to communicate with the hearing world. how dumb is that? U can still use ur voice to communicate while u are deaf. Don't u think that A Parent taking control of a child life by changing who they are into someone different like CI. that like discriminated against the deaf. I think its the Child Choice as they reach the age of teen life to make a choice if they want to stay deaf or change who they are by getting CI. and Government don't tell us how to raise our children cuz they are not the one that raise my child. example I have two hearing children if i want my hearing children to become deaf its like making them deaf cuz u want them to be deaf.. same thing with a deaf child u want them to hear so u get them Ci.. see my point of view?

LUNZ said:
because the children is under the roof like God. The children is stupid like us. God is our parent and question God what's right from wrong. :nana:

Hahaha Yeah right ! We are just like children to God and of course, God is laughin' at us for bein' silly over small things that we complaints ! *laughin'* No wonder God is so good! *Winks*

Cheri said:
Hum. Supposedly, A Parent have a deaf child and A Parent says. I should get my child CI cuz I want my child to hear and be able to use her or his voice to communicate with the hearing world. how dumb is that? U can still use ur voice to communicate while u are deaf. Don't u think that A Parent taking control of a child life by changing who they are into someone different like CI. that like discriminated against the deaf. I think its the Child Choice as they reach the age of teen life to make a choice if they want to stay deaf or change who they are by getting CI. and Government don't tell us how to raise our children cuz they are not the one that raise my child. example I have two hearing children if i want my hearing children to become deaf its like making them deaf cuz u want them to be deaf.. same thing with a deaf child u want them to hear so u get them Ci.. see my point of view?

Cheri, I totally agree with you...but, remma that the babies are the gift from God and it's the parents' choices to raise their children what they think is best for their child individually. Yes, I know some deaf parents don't agree on some issues about CI ...for instance, I am against CI myself, too, but there are some things that I can not do what the parents want to do with their children. I have my own 4 children and they all are hearin' ...if, supposedly one of my children happens to have a deaf child, they would totally accept it, because I taught my 4 children sign language when they were 1 year old. Now, all my 4 children know sign language fluently. It depends on the parents whether they can learn sign language or not...it depends on where they comes from...etc., etc. It's all about life itself that they are makin' their own decisions. Right now, I am retired! LOL !!

Judgement

I believe that only God can judge people - not us mere mortals.

I have been judged here on earth - and my rep was ruined and now I am on the process of disenganging myself from those people who judged me and found me guilty without allowing me to prove my innocence. I have already left many people behind me and will not be renewing my membership at the club that decided to judge me without proper due process...and I feel better for having done so, and know that I have many good friends that still believe in me. It did hurt at that time, and I knew I could'nt stay with those people anymore.

Thank goodness for my friends who helped me through that difficult time, and I still thank my Higher Power for having them, and that they continue to work with me on proving that I'm innocent of all charges, and remain close friends with me period.

So, if you want to judge - remember we're innocent until proven guilty. Be careful, for you may be hurting someone you love or who can do a lot for you.
Also, if you decide to do it anyway, you may be ruining their hard-earned reputation for good. So be certain of your beliefs before you do anything.

DD

DreamDeaf said:

I have been judged here on earth - and my rep was ruined and now I am on the process of disenganging myself from those people who judged me and found me guilty without allowing me to prove my innocence. I have already left many people behind me and will not be renewing my membership at the club that decided to judge me without proper due process...and I feel better for having done so, and know that I have many good friends that still believe in me. It did hurt at that time, and I knew I could'nt stay with those people anymore.

Thank goodness for my friends who helped me through that difficult time, and I still thank my Higher Power for having them, and that they continue to work with me on proving that I'm innocent of all charges, and remain close friends with me period.

So, if you want to judge - remember we're innocent until proven guilty. Be careful, for you may be hurting someone you love or who can do a lot for you.
Also, if you decide to do it anyway, you may be ruining their hard-earned reputation for good. So be certain of your beliefs before you do anything.

DD
God is all loving, never judgmental because Life on Earth is for our learning, to overcome the old, control-oriented concepts of guilt, sin and fear. Mother and Father God love us, we are given many opportunities to live

CyberRed said:
Hahaha Yeah right ! We are just like children to God and of course, God is laughin' at us for bein' silly over small things that we complaints ! *laughin'* No wonder God is so good! *Winks*
:)

DreamDeaf said:

DD
You go Girl!:thumb:

DreamDeaf said:

DD
I know how you feel. It happened to me here in AllDeaf. Something happened last year and just to clear things up, I took the blame. To this day, I'm considered an "enemy" for this action. Very few know the truth... but it still isn't enough considering how everyone else hates me for this action when they don't know the whole story.

I know how this must feel for both of you...*hugs*...

I've been somewhat in a similar situlation before I came here in Alldeaf....I was in another forum where people judged me for the way I posted personal topics...And some of them didn't have the heart to pm me regarding that but had to post it right in front of everyone to see....People's personal life is not a bunch of B.S. but rather sharing personal experiences with others in hopes that others can be helped or to get support from any of us.....I felt hurt and felt like they didn't care and made me an enemy of those people....I was visibly upset, yet I didn't feel it's right to judge them for what they were doing to me....

I didn't come to a forum to get judged or to be getting personal attacks from anyone as much as I give others the respect, I hope the same for me....I do feel wonderful so far being here in AD! :grouphug:

"I notice that some people on line judge people very quickly by someone's posts before they really knew them personally...All we can see is words but not a face of the person behind this screen...." :applause: A point well put!!
Allowing time and getting to 'know' a person...does take an extra effort when not being able to see the other person's expressions, etc...on our part.

Judge or not to be judge? The Bible simply commands us not to judge others lest we be judged ourselves....let our Heavenly Maker do the Judging....

Back